coconutcakes
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Emily
Summerfield NC
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  6:34:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey Y'all, I'm not even sure I'm posting this in the right forum. Couldn't quite decide where to post it!

I'm interested in trying to make a homemade Buttermilk Bath (for people, not for chicken frying!) of some sort. I've never done this, so if anyone has any "recipes" or ideas on this, please reply!

(My kids have been watching a lot of "Charlotte's Web" as of late, and in it, the farmer's wife says something about someone giving her pig a buttermilk bath when it got muddy. . . It just sounded so appealing, so I wanted to try it on my kids when they get muddy! )

Emily

"After a long period abroad nothing could make me more homesick or emotional than an American magazine ad of a luscious layer cake, except one, and that was a pictured lemon pie." Irma Rombauer, Joy of Cooking (1943)

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  8:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Emily - I've put powdered milk in my bath and loved it - and I don't think I'd be nervous about just pouring a cup or two of buttermilk in there, either! I think my little one would love a milk bath - now that you mention it! Thanks for the reminder of a good idea!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Buttermilk Bath?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page