Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  1:50:15 PM  Show Profile
I have finally decided to get more "serious" about my blogging . . . serious blogging . . . now there's an oxymoron! Check it out at:

http//www.pastblessings.blogspot.com.

I hope you enjoy it!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Come visit my blog at http.//www.pastblessings.blogspot.com

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  1:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Brenda, I love your blog!! It is so pretty!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  2:52:40 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Brenda... I love your blog! Some of the music made me tear up but in a good way. I love your home..curious... were you able to sell it?

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  3:46:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Julie,
After several months and two more floods (we seem to be known for them!) we decided it is not the time to sell ... or perhaps it was decided for us! God is good and we are finding new ways to make ends meet. Who knows what the future holds . . . I am just excited to see it unfold!

Hugs & blessings . . .

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  7:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
I am sooo happy you didn't have to sell your home. It is sooo beautiful! Did you do the landscaping yourself?

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  8:22:29 PM  Show Profile
Brenda:
My hubby and I have gone through two floods also. Our floods were caused by Hurricanes. We still live in our house, after having to rebuild the inside twice. Of course, the house is too big for us now that it is only my hubby and I living in it.
I'll check out your blog.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  03:06:04 AM  Show Profile
Brenda you blog is just beautiful and I really enjoyed it.

Blessings, Brenda
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  2:03:33 PM  Show Profile
Marly, we had a terrible flood about 2 1/2 years ago from the couplet on our icemaker . . . it corroded and leaked even though it was only 2 years old. It leaked down between the floorboards, so it took a couple days until we knew . . . I awoke one morning to a sound that I thought was my husband's metronome (he is a drummer.) I wondered why he left it on . . . but I discovered it was actually dripping water from the kitchen above. Anyway, by the time we discovered it, our wood floors were warped, our kitchen cabinets were ruined and the drywall in the room below was destroyed. It was a huge re-do. We had just put our house on the market at that time and this, of course, meant we needed to pull it off. Then this go around, we had a major flood in two of ourbathrooms, only to discover that the original plummer had screwed through the main pipe when he put the access cover on . . . he used a huge screw! It destroyed our flooring and more drywall. While still cleaning that up, the valve on our hot water heater burst, causing yet another flood, though this only caused wet carpet and was a simple fix. Anyway, we are now in the midst of redoing flooring and drywall. We have had two other floods because of this screw, though we didn't know that was the cause until recently and we also had a neighbor kid turn on our outdoor faucet and let it run, flooding our basement. It has almost become comical (almost . . . ) I think perhaps our next home should be an ark!

Brenda, glad you enjoyed my blog!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic My blog . . . Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page