Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Best kind of cloth diaper?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Best kind of cloth diaper? Next Topic  

rschaaf
True Blue Farmgirl

174 Posts

Renee
Wooster Ohio
USA
174 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  07:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Girls,

I would like to use cloth diapers on any foster babies we get. I have been looking at websites for cloth diapers, but am overwhelmed at the selection. Any recomendations on brand or where to purchase?

"There is beauty, there is grace, in my peaceful country place!"

See what I'm up to at: http://www.lifeonctfarm.blogspot.com

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  08:01:42 AM  Show Profile
I loved using cloth diapers! After getting started I thought it funny that more people didn't use them.

I really loved the Kissaluvs : http://www.kissaluvs.com/fitted-diapers.php

Just not the colored ones because they seemed to wear out more quickly. My kids are so thin that the size 1 fit forever. I usually recommend Kissaluvs to anyone that doesn't want to mess with the flat fold. DH and my mom liked the ease of the Kissaluvs. For covers I love wool. I knitted some wool covers and have a vintage pattern for the cover somewhere. There are plenty of wool covers on etsy and ebay.

We used flat fold too which are easier than you may think but a lot of people don't want to mess with them. If you choose this and want a velcro type closure on you cover these are good http://www.bummis.com/ca/en/super-whisper-wrap.php as you can see the washing for the cover is different than the diapers so that is another reason I don't like all in ones.

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

Anastasia
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Anastasia
Telkwa BC
Canada
56 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  8:27:55 PM  Show Profile
We used Mother-Ease on the advice of two friends who loved them, and they worked really well. Loved the snaps vs velcro, especially in the wash. :) Great covers too, lots of fun patterns and also snaps. Plus, the little guy couldn't get the snaps undone, unlike velcro.

Cheers,
Anastasia :)

"Speciality is for insects." -Robert Heinlen
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  05:50:27 AM  Show Profile
I really love the Bum Genius. I also have kissaluvs (I tried a mix of both) and I just prefer the Bum Genius because my little one is so long in the torso and they don't cover her whole body :)

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  08:48:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I loved doing cloth diapers- I made most of Nora's although if we do have another baby I will invest in a snap machine because the snaps are so much better if you have animals in the house!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltin mama
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Heather
Crescent City CA
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  1:18:38 PM  Show Profile
Fuzzi Bunz are by far my favortie and I have used a bunch of different kinds!

my blog www.mountainhomequilts.blogspot.com
handmade quilts on etsy www.mountainhomequilts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  3:25:50 PM  Show Profile
I am starting to nest for the next baby and I am into the gdiapers.com, they are like regular diapers but you can swap bio-safe inserts with cloth inserts

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

tweedlebee
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Samantha
Spokane Valley wa
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  1:40:44 PM  Show Profile
I sell make and sell cloth diapers and I found what worked best for my son was pocket diapers as they were easy to clean and take care of and were waterproof.

Farmgirl Sitster #1327

www.tweedlebeeandtweedlebum.com
Go to Top of Page

shoerswife1
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

jennifer
yantis tx
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2010 :  8:34:00 PM  Show Profile
I am a stay at home mom, and use Bumgenius. I love them! Haven't had an accidents with poop down the leg or leakage. I was overwhelmed too when I started to research cloth diapers. I just picked the brand I heard the most good things about, and bought one to see if I liked them. I bought 4 more. I also read there is a deal on diapers.com right now (if it is still going on) where you can get $50 worth of diapers for $25. Thats cloth, or paper...can't beat that! Let me know if you would like to hear more

Farmgirl Sister #1280
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  06:03:41 AM  Show Profile
I liked Bumgenius OK, but the velcro was not my friend AND they have a flap at the back to hold the insert in that we called the poop flap because every time we'd try to dump or spray a poo off in the toilet it would fall right into that flap.

Most of my stash is made up of fitted diapers with covers and Fuzzi Bunz. I hate to admit the Fuzzi Bunz because I think they are actually the diaper I hate the most but I just can't afford to get new diapers. For one, the elastic in the diapers has got to be the cheapest elastic they could possibly get to make diapers with. I have cloth diapered two of my kids with the fuzzi bunz and have been through 3 sets of them because the elastic wears out before the child is even potty trained. Really annoying. And the second reason I don't like them is that the WAHM that founded/owns the business stole a groundbreaking design from one of my friends who also made diapers. It was not a nice situation and my friend about had a breakdown because of what they put her through.

Honestly, Samantha up there has some really nice looking pocket diapers. Fattycakes is one of my favorite diaper designs (at least for my babies that always have chunky legs). I have never had a pocket fattycakes, only fitteds. I'm sure they'd be wonderful though. Especially if they are made with lastin elastic. Are they Samantha? Oh, and a big hello to you! I used to sell on HC about a year ago. :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

marmieto12
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

laura
utah
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  11:02:44 AM  Show Profile
I currently use prefolds (preemie)with Bummi covers, and I do not like "originals". I like snaps vs velco too. I love mother-ease which I use for the older babies.
I use cloth all in ones (AIO) for night time/bed wetters. I buy mine local,, but they do mail order too.
www.clothdiaper.com

Laura;Dreaming of big girl farm...

Farmgirl # 148

Farm Girl Projects http://justsimplythegirls.blogspot.com

My Vinyl Decor Business http://thegirlscreate.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Best kind of cloth diaper? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page