farm~maid
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Christine
IN
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  05:18:14 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday, while feeding the chickens some scraps, 2 of the beef steers came up to the fence to see me. I had an apple that was quartered so I gave them each a piece. While my attention was with the one, the other grabbed the glove from my hand and tried his best to eat it. He had the entire heavy, thick yellow glove in his mouth chewing as hard as he could. I was desparately trying to reach a corner of it to grab it, but I couldn't get a grip as I was manuvering through the fence. I turned back to the chicken scraps to see what I could entice him with and as I turned back to him he spit it out and off he ran. Whew! What a call that would be explaining this to the vet. I'm thinking a glove such as this would not pass through.

It's always something with these animals here. Each day is an adventure and they are always teaching me a new trick or two.LOL

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  05:28:58 AM  Show Profile
Christine, Boy, that was a close one! So glad he spit it out.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  06:01:31 AM  Show Profile
That would have been a big cow mess for sure! Good thing he figured out it wans't a big yellow apple. Cows are a bit crazy. That's what I call my heifer, Crazy Mazie. ANd she is an apple lover, too. Any time she gets out all I have to do is put an apple in front of her. She's follow me anywhere!.

I'm so glad nothing happened this time.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Crazy cow Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page