Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 After months of being MIA . . .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic After months of being MIA . . . Next Topic  

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  08:47:36 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, long lost farmgirls. I have been very bad about keeping in contact. What was once something I did daily . . . posting here on MJF . . . has been months and months. It has been a year of storms, but I hold on to the fact that the sun shines the brightest after a storm and it is in these storms that God is able to show His majesty.

Our youngest, Connor, who is a freshman this year, has had a very tough time the last many months. He has been very anemic, has had internal bleeding that they haven't been able to pinpoint and passes out frequently. At our last visit to the pediatric gastrointerologist (the only one in Spokane!) he said he doesn't believe the problem is intestinal, and now wants us to explore the possibility of it being a bone marrow issue . . . thinking that possibly his bone marrow isn't able to properly absorb the iron, though that still doesn't explain the internal bleeding. So now we move on to a hemotologist. Anyway, while on a day to day basis we are doing very well, it is a worry that a mother's heart can't easily deal with. Your prayers would be so appreciated, sweet farmgirls.

It has also been a year of challenges, as we try to rebuild our lives after the resounding crash of our business . . . we owned a Real Estate Guide (you know, the freebie publications you get in grocery stores, etc.) and of course, when the real estate market crashed, so did this. Many of our realtors went bankrupt and signed contracts, we discovered meant nothing. We do not believe in bankruptcy . . . not to stir up a hornets nest here, but we can not get around that pesky verse in the Bible that says "An evil man borrows, but does not repay his debtors." This was, unfortunately what we had to deal with when our clients declared bankruptcy and it was not something we were willing to do to those we owed . . . the printer, our distributors, artist, etc. So, that being said, we have spent the last year and a half trying some very "creative financing" in order to pay down these debts. That, coupled with the medical bills we are still incurring with Connor, has made for times of trembling, but thankfully, more times of simply kneeling in prayer.

But it has also been a year of great blessing . . . I have been pursuing my own creative passions at a level I haven't been doing for many years. I am just finishing up a job I was hired to do of painting 9 antique windows (the glass part being painted as if it is a canvas) for a low income housing project. I am painting them on the backside of the glass, which means I must do everything in reverse, putting down the details first and the backgrounds last. It has been a fun challenge. I will post them on my blog once I am finished. I also have done many handpainted signs lately . . . nearly 20 for Christmas gifts and have since had several other hire me to do custom signs for them. I have handpainted cabinets for kitchens and bathrooms in the area, giving them a warm farmhouse feel rather than the boring "80's era oak" so prevailant in this area. This is so fun. I also do lots of primitive furniture that I remake from existing furniture, old windows, old doors and whatever else suits my fancy. I am loving the chance to be creative and use my gifts in a way that will help my family.

Check out my blog (http://pastblessings.blogspot.com/) . . . I am hoping to start chronicling this journey a bit more regularly, as it helps me to see the blessings more clearly. I have missed you, my sweet farmgirls and I pray you are all doing well and continuing to be all that you were meant to be!

Hugs and blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  09:34:27 AM  Show Profile
Brenda - so glad to see you back! Sorry to hear you have had some struggles but it looks like you've got a great outlook of the future! Let me know if you need anything!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  10:42:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi Brenda:
Happy to see you back on the site. My prayers will be with you and your family. You are truly a blessed woman.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  11:50:49 AM  Show Profile
Brenda - good to see you back. You and your family will definitely be in my prayers - I hope an answer is found about your son's health issues, the not-knowing is the worst. Take care!! Oh and I think that your honoring your obligations is very admirable.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

Edited by - graciegreeneyes on Feb 22 2010 12:11:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  07:08:22 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the kind responses . . . your prayers are so appreciated!

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  07:21:18 AM  Show Profile
Much gladness that you are back with us! =)I hope that you son is soon returning to health, I agree wholeheartedly, not knowing is the very worst sort of thing.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  10:23:00 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
gosh, brenda you have been missed, and so sorry that you are having so many challenges right now. i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. i for one know that the farmgirl prayers are very powerful.
so glad you have found your way back here.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
www.localharvest.org/farms/M24434
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  12:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
My prayers are with you Brenda!! Can't wait to see you around the forum!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  1:20:05 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I have missed you too! Thanks for missing me!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  3:07:15 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Brenda!

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"
farmgal #150
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  4:17:21 PM  Show Profile
I so admire your ability to see the good. :) My thoughts are with you and I'm just sure things will be better soon. Give Connor a squeeze from us.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  5:00:29 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I'm so sorry to hear about all your troubles. Thanks so much for letting us shoulder some of your load. I know that these girls and myself will be holding you up to the Throne on Grace daily and that God will hear and answer prayer. He's still in the business and we never get a busy signal. Praise His Wonderful name! He is no Respector of Persons and will lift your heart and your load. Keep us posted as to what's happening so we know how to pray.
I'm so happy to hear that your talents are being used for the Greater Good! You are so Blessed to have such wonderful God-Given talents. I pray that He Blesses you and keeps you strong. I visited your blog and I love the picture of all the folk kneeling in Prayer. It touched my heart and warmed me deep in my soul. It brings me to the Bible verse, "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray, I will hear them and will help them." I'm paraphrasing of course. I don't have my Bible in front of me at the moment, but I love that verse and hold to it tightly. It has been a great humbling for me! May God Richly Bless you and your family!

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2010 :  5:15:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks again for all the wonderful support . . . Judy, your sweet comments moved me to tears. And I love that verse. It truly puts the focus on God not our self-centered little selves!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Come visit my blog at http.//www.pastblessings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic After months of being MIA . . . Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page