patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  06:55:19 AM  Show Profile
You all were right! Patrick McManus is hilarious. I just finished Kerplunk! a couple of days ago. My husband and I spent Valentine's weekend in Traverse City enjoying Winter Wonderfest. On the way up there I read some of it to my husband to keep him awake since we were traveling at night. We stayed awake just fine laughing.

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  08:26:34 AM  Show Profile
When I was student teaching one of the boys in the 10th grade class was reading that for his AR reading book, of course it is supposed to be silent reading, well he just kept busting up laughing, none of the other kids had read any McManus so just kept looking at him weird. You just can't help but laugh out loud at some of those stories. There was one about a preacher who was scared of chickens....I still can't talk about it without losing it.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

BlackHorseFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Elizabeth
Chicago IL
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2010 :  09:40:39 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by graciegreeneyes

When I was student teaching one of the boys in the 10th grade class was reading that for his AR reading book, of course it is supposed to be silent reading, well he just kept busting up laughing, none of the other kids had read any McManus so just kept looking at him weird. You just can't help but laugh out loud at some of those stories. There was one about a preacher who was scared of chickens....I still can't talk about it without losing it.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

That is the best advertising! I love his books also. The Blight Way is a fictional book of his. Good read!

Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  06:26:33 AM  Show Profile
Love Patrick Mcmanus we have his books in our camper and read them when we are out and about. He is to funny

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

patchworkpeace
True Blue Farmgirl

478 Posts

Judy
Jackson Michigan
USA
478 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2010 :  12:12:19 PM  Show Profile
I'll have to see if the library has The Blight Way. I'm sure we will be reading all his books we can find.

Success is measured not by the position one reaches but by the obstacles one has to overcome to reach it. Booker T. Washington
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Lovin' Patrick McManus Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page