Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Make It Easy
 be careful with battery-operated drills...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic be careful with battery-operated drills... Next Topic  

BamaSuzy
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Alabama
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  8:00:52 PM  Show Profile
I was reading a thread in the garden section about someone who cut the end of their finger off with garden pruners and she was cautioning everyone to be careful!

So I thought of what happened to me last year and thought I'd pass this word of caution along.

I was using my husband's more-powerful battery-powered drill to drill a larger-than-usual hole in a creosote post that was to be the gate post for one of my goat fences or dog fences...

The drill hit something hard and I was holding it so tightly that by the time I had let go of the drill, it had twisted my arm badly. I found out later that I was lucky, that several people had actually broken their arms when such drills hit a nail or some other hard spot in something they were drilling in!

I've always thought that battery-operated tools were safer so I just wasn't expecting this! So now I use extra care!

You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt!

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2006 :  10:52:34 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
Be careful with all drills. When we built our house my dear other half would hover over my shoulder every time i would use the drill because he was afraid i would do the same thing as PP. I thought he was being a worry wort till i saw a friend of ours do just what PP did. Now i am supper carfull wiht the drill. Just don't hold to tightly to them.

Valerie
Yes, I live in my own little world. But that's ok they know me here.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Go to Top of Page

Duchess
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Iowa
USA
109 Posts

Posted - May 20 2006 :  08:33:02 AM  Show Profile
Another neat thing I have learned, thank you so much for sharing. This is something that would not have occured to me.
Go to Top of Page

frontierlady
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

KY
57 Posts

Posted - May 23 2006 :  06:18:57 AM  Show Profile
With any tool, use caution!

My husband had his hand on the board that he was screwing and the drill slipped and he drilled his hand.

He was lucky, he only drilled the skin between his thumb and first
finger. It went straight through but like I said he was lucky and
didn't hit bone.

Boy, was there lot's of blood.

Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic be careful with battery-operated drills... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page