chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  10:51:21 AM  Show Profile
I just had to tell you girls, I ordered and incredible book from Amazon called "The Classic Zucchini Cookbook". It has 225 recipes in it for Zucchini and other types of squash as well. I don't know about you, but around here by the middle of the summer I have so much zucchini I don't know what to do with it. YOu can't even give it away! And I run out of ideas of what to do with it. I'm so excited about this cookbook to help me with some new ideas for cooking zucchini and squash. I just had to share!! I'm planning to try each recipe to find my favorites. I'll try to keep you girls posted on which ones were the best!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  10:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is so cool Sarah!! Wow, 225 recipes?!?! Have fun farmgirl!!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

DebbieSue
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Debbie
TX
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  5:06:36 PM  Show Profile
Ok.This sounds like me and my dilemma every year! Keep us posted with your favorites! Maybe I will consider getting the book as well...!! :)
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  11:29:36 AM  Show Profile
wow! just what every farmgirl needs! i think we can all safely say we've all had that dilemma each summer.... what to do with those abundant zucchini!

"Only two things that money can't buy, that's true love and homegrown tomatoes."
- Guy Clark

"The man who has planted a garden feels he has done something for the good of the world."
- Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2010 :  09:49:51 AM  Show Profile
This is great!! I think I'm going to make it into my "Julie and Julia" project this summer. I should have PLENTY of zucchini and squash to try ALL the recipes. So as I'm making them I will post and let everyone know which ones were good and which ones were......well not to my taste. :) Hopefully this will help all of us make the best use of what we're raising or buying at the farmers market or through our CSA's.

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

simplecomfort
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Tawnya
Rural Orrick Mo
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  12:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Send simplecomfort an AOL message
I make a wonderful zuchinni dish.. and its simple.. peel and cut zuchinni. layer it, then sliced onion, then sour cream, then bacon.. cook in oven 350 for about 40 min. last 5 min top with mozarella cheese. its soooo good.

"Thank God I'm a country girl"
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  2:50:31 PM  Show Profile
Tawnya, that sounds fantastic!!

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic 225 Recipes for Zucchini!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page