julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  10:37:04 AM  Show Profile
Alright Sisters! First let me say that Aria is feeling SO much better. She was even outside playing T-ball yesterday with Reo and Doc. She can't wait to be signed up for baseball!! Lord help us!! It's all good!!

Just wanted to let you know a couple of things;
I nominated Aria for a Chase Youth Award for Courage! Her letter was accepted but I don't know if she's won. If you're on FaceBook and have friended me, there's a link on my wall that will get you to a blog where I've posted the letter. If you have NOT friended me..what the heck are you waiting for??? I'll post the letter here in another thread if you're interested. Last year I nominated Reo and he WON!! It was the most amazing experience. 1,000 kids were nominated and only 30 were given awards. I had NO idea it was such a big deal so writing Aria's letter was nerve-wracking to say the least!

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I met a woman, Christianne, at a writer's group I've joined. She is running her first marathon in June in San Diego for Lymphoma and Leukemia! She was originally going to run for her Uncle, since he's the only person with cancer she's ever known but when I told her about Aria and when she heard some of my stories about her, she has decided to run for Aria!! Can you believe that??!!!

I'm amazed..People are just so incredible. Sooooooo, if you're on Facebook there's a link on my wall to her FB training site and a link to her webiste, which I've also included here. On FB you can become a 'fan' too and show your support that way. There's a place to leave stories even. Lainey and Meg, THANK YOU for writing and for joining the fan club! AWESOME...

There are some pictures of Aria and a little story I wrote about her..By the way, in my story I mention that Aria has received gifts and cards and prayers and well wishes from all over the country and just guess to whom I'm referring?!! My FARMGIRL sisters!!! Hey, Dutchy, you're in this mix too...I should have written all over the world!!! Anyway..check it out..

You all are just so amazing..From the bottom of my heart...from the top of the highest mountain... from the depths of my lungs I'm shouting THANK YOU!!!

My love to each and every one of you!! ~julia

Christianne's website is:
http://pages.teamintraing.org/wa/rnr10/creidtr68
If you have any problems let me know!!!

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
www.about-aria.blogspot.com

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  10:54:24 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is so neat Julia!!! I hope she wins!
Hugs,
Channah

Friendship is not something that can be bought, it is earned.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3318 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3318 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  5:15:45 PM  Show Profile
That's wonderful Julia!

Has it really been a year already? Seems just like yesterday that Reo won! I have a very good feeling about the nomination....

I think its great Christianne is running for Aria---How awesome is that?

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.longtallsallys.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  6:02:30 PM  Show Profile
so cool!

I gotta go find you and other farmgirls on Facebook.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  7:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Julia,They should have a mom of the year award for you....Lots of Love

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  9:56:47 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad to hear she is feeling better. I hope she wins. I think the Chase awards are awesome. I hope you are taking some time for yourself too...

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  07:55:49 AM  Show Profile
Good luck to Aria!
I agree with Rene'....there should be a Mom of the Year award for you. Of course, in my heart, you've already won it! ;)

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2010 :  4:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Julia:
I'm so happy that Aria is doing so well. Great happy news. Good luck to Aria.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Something WAY COOL for Aria! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page