Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I'm back...for the moment....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm back...for the moment.... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  05:51:17 AM  Show Profile
I haven't fallen off the face of the earth but have gone back to driving a big rig. A company we used to drive for, called us and made a good offer and we snapped it up.

We took a slight pay cut but we were always the happiest with this company, so we figgered it was worth it. Less stress from a dispatcher. Pretty much all the same people in the office except for one person. Honestly, it kind of feels like we never left or it's only been a week or so.

So, in this economy, the local jobs weren't working out and since we like to travel, this is a given. I can't work in an office or behind a country, I'd strangle someone for stoopidity!! At least in a truck, I don't have to put up with idjets. I can always drive away and most people expect us drivers to be pretty blunt anyway. It's win-win!!

I've been kind of internet-ed out for a while so don't get on very often. But I thought I'd swing by and say howdy and I'll be back!

Everyone, stay safe!!

Winona

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

I have some other blogs in the works...please stay tuned and I'll let you know where to go! :-)

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  05:53:39 AM  Show Profile
I can't edit my reply so doing it here. Instead of behind a country, it should be 'behind a counter'.

My bad.

Winona

For uber-opinionated, pleasurable horse related reading, please visit http://horseinfoperson.blogspot.com/

I have some other blogs in the works...please stay tuned and I'll let you know where to go! :-)

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  06:03:29 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering where you've been. So you're back behind the wheel again. I guess that's why my hubby likes driving so much. He can get in and leave and not have to worry about stuff.

Good to hear from you. And be careful out there. It's a mess all over. Mine is up in Ill. right now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2010 :  07:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Winona,
Glad that you had a great oppertunity come your way and that you checked in...:)

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  04:55:29 AM  Show Profile
Welcome home, Winona! I know you're loving the driving again. Just pop in and visit every chance you get. We love hearing from you!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  1:31:22 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful that this came in at the right time for you. Check in with us when you can and be safe out there! Wave to all the farmgirls that you pass by while on the road (I think you'd be waving all the time! LOL!!)

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm back...for the moment.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page