Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep) Next Topic
Page: of 102

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  7:38:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey Sherrye. It has been busy around here. I have all 3 of the grands right now. Yes, I have Kansas. Her mom had a little breakdown and is now in a battered women's shelter somewhere. She can't tell us where right now. I have Kansas and she misses her momma alot. She did call today and talked to them all. The 2 older kids will be going to the same camp Kansas went to last week. They go Monday afternoon til Friday. I don't think the middle one, Coryn, will spend the night though. She may just go for the day. Which will be a little cheaper. Chloe might spend the night, I hope. Kansas did and was fine and she's just 8. These poor kids are so afraid of every little thing though. It's so sad. And now since the tornadoes, they are even worse. A little cloud goes by or a little wind or a few raindrops, they all freak out. I am so tired right now. Makes my head hurt. I am going to get an appt. for them with a counselor. I've gotta do something.

I hope you are better, Sherrye. Being sick and having a farm with animals is really hard on a person.

And I hope Linda is better now, too.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  7:40:16 PM  Show Profile
Forgot to say, I gave the 2 bucks that I am going to band, a CDT shot tonight. I'll band them in the morning when I let them back with their moms. I hope I can do it right. Last time I banded a buck it nearly killed him. I am going to be really careful and watch them real close this time. Wish me luck. I'll need it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  8:34:13 PM  Show Profile
wow is your plate full now kris. i wish i was close i would come and pitch in. i am better tonight. geting my voice back. most of the stock here know my hand signals. so when i am too sick to talk or have no power they watch my hands and where i look. the cows are great at it. i have to say God is soooo good. through all these difficult times i lack for nothing. i was so sick i cried through chores. could hardly do it. i came in and told papa i QUIT i cant do this any more. its too hard. well thats not in Gods plan. instead he has sent me a new friend. she has been here with her hubbie and son helping. HELPING is there a bigger word. they have been here on and off for about a month. they show up today i show them how to trim hooves on goats. well they are such kind and helpful folks. the point to my rambling is God provides a way. so i know you are doing Gods work. these babies are your blood. i know your pain for them. i know too they know how much you love them. this is a good thing you are doing. yes your heart will ache and you WILL BE BONE TIRED. but every moment you share of your love with them is a healing for them. God will carry you. i support you. this is big. i hope she can get the help she needs where she is. abuse is hard to overcome. the whole co-depenency thing. so my friend go hug those sweet kids for me too. then in the eve if you have the power. i go alone to the goats in the night. when the sun is going down. they are different. loving settled comforting they swarm around me and i am filled and recharged. those goats have great hearts. go get a goat hug if you can after the girls are sleeping. there is magic in it. long hard happy days ahead for you. you go girl. what a fine farmgirl you are.....

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2011 :  8:40:08 PM  Show Profile
oh and by the way.. i have watched my neighbor do my boys bulls and bucks. she is slow doing it. we hold the dude down and she looks all around the band. she checks for any folded skin or pinches. she looks and feels to be sure the insides have gone through the band all the way. then once she knows they are lined up bang. done. i remember your little guy having an infection i think??? anyway i have NEVER done it. so your ahead of me. let me know how it works. sending hugs sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  6:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Sherrye, you are so sweet. Thanks for all the kind words. I know this is in God's hands. I sure can't do it alone. I took the kids to camp this afternoon. I am glad I saw the camp director at church this morning or they would have missed a whole day. And of course right when we got there the bottom fell out of the sky and it poured like crazy for at least an hour. So I got them registered and Coryn decided to stay. BUT her and her sister could not be in the same cabin because of the age difference. She cried a little but wen ton with the counselor. She will be ok. But I just pray there will be no thunder or lightening during the night.

I did band Abby's buck this morning. I thought it was not going to fit. But I pulled them through. Then I checked to make sure it was up enough and not getting the little nipples on either side. It looked just right. So I tried to take the band off and it would not come off. I had to leave the whole thing hanging on the poor guy and look for something to get the band off with. I found my little garden claw and used it. It was so darn traumatic for me I just could not do the other buck then. Plus I wanted to see how Zeke did through the day. I went and checked on him several times before church. He was laying with his mother. He's such a momma's boy. He would lay there and then bellow out a Maaaaa and it was so pitiful. But tonight he's walking good. I didn't want to separate them tonight but I did. I just put all the kids in the stall in the barn and put the moms back out so they would be near them. I will go ahead and do the other one in the morning. I also need to worm them too. ANd Zarah has runny poop. I need Kaopectate. I have no idea why she does. She's the only one. I will worm them all too.

So it's been a hectic day here. More rain. It's cool too. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Oh Sherrye, I did love on poor little Zeke this morning. Then I started sneezing and getting itchy watery eyes! I ran out of Alegra a few days ago. So I have to be careful around them.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  05:19:20 AM  Show Profile
I just got done worming all the kids. I also banded Lil Red. He's pitiful. He's outside up on the little hill laying down. He'll "maaa" every few seconds. Sandy is standing right over him. His brother is near him too. THIS IS AWFUL! I hate doing this. But there is no way that I can cut and pull myself. I can't even dis bud them myself. I sprayed him real good and sprayed Zeke again. I am keeping an eye on them. Zeke is good this morning but a little slow. Poor guys.

I talked with a guy last night who wants to get one of them. He has a huge pasture with just 3 goats. SO he needs more to help keep the grass down. He will be in a good place.

I also saw an ad on CL the other day for 2 Nubian doelings, 4 and 5 months old. I am going to call about them. I would like to get some full blooded Nubians. They are just $75. each.

Also saw a Guernsey heifer calf for just $130. I am so tempted. But I bet she's already sold. She was a pretty little heifer. Anyone ever had a Guernsey milk cow?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  11:46:11 AM  Show Profile
Wow Kris you do have your hands full. I know you will do your best for these kids. Just having them there is helping them. I will be praying for you all.

Sherrye, I too have them days that just it all feels so overwhelming. God is sending you such wonderful helpers. I am thankful to them and him!

I picked up three more goats this weekend. There is a local lady that has to get rid of all her animals. It is a nasty divorce and she is stressed out and broke. I actually bought four new goats, But I do not need another billy so I sent the billy to a friends'. He has one nigerian doe, three Alpines and one Nubian cross. He does have a young alpine buck. But he will barley be tall enough by fall to breed these does. So I told him he could dkeep the buck there and use him all he wants!

I have four does in heat right now. I tell you what, it is driving my bucks crazy. I had to seperate dome of them, they just got to mean with each other over those darn does!

I am getting ready to go on vacation with some friends so it may be awhile before I get back on here to chat.

Everybody stay safe!

Come visit my blog
http://angieruralliving.blogspot.com/

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  4:23:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies hope everyone is doing well. Angie I hope you have a good time and come back recharged.Sounds like a good time.

Kris I knew someone who had a Gernsey cow and it milked very similar to a jersey cow. She was very sweet and so was her milk. For that price she may already be sold unless something is wrong with her. So are you going to buy some more does besides the little one you already purchased? If that little Gernsey is still for sale I sure would be tempted!!!

Sherry I hope all is well with you. I hope you are keeping the milk flowing so you have money coming in.It will hopefully all work out. Good things come to good people and you are good people.

Those kids I purchased from Kansas are doing pretty good except for worms.When I brought them home they passed tapeworms really bad after I wormed them. I keep worming them and 2 weeks later they are passing them again. I have never seen goats have tapeworms like this.The Goddard farm only uses ivomec to worm his goats and nothing else. I think thats why they are so infested. I have been using safeguard on them triple dose. I am tempted to try using Valbazen but you really have to be accurate on dosing with that. I have never used it on little goats before only the adults rare occasions.

I am still milking with one hand. I went to a Chiropractor for the first time in my life. It was cheaper to go there and have x-rays and checked out. No breaks but he is worried about tendon and nerve damage because I had dislocated my middle finger but managed to get it back myself. It still swollen after a week. By the end of this week if its no better I will be set up for a MRI. Those run around $1000. I will have to make payments on it. I am praying that it will not come to that but I am not seeing any improvement except less swelling. The pain and not being able to move it much is still a problem. So I wait and see what happens.

My family is up north and I am at the farm alone....well not totally I have all the goats, chickens, dogs, and cats. I keep the old shotgun locked and loaded by the bed. I friend of mine checks in with me twice a day to make sure I am in for the night and then checks on me after chores in the morning. If I don't get her call or call her back by a certain time she will drive over. She lives 45 minutes from me so I had better not make her drive for nothin or she will tie a knot in my tail.
I have not been cooking much since everyone is gone. Kind of a nice break. I was bad and actually had hotdogs for dinner 2 nights in a row. I usually don't ever eat hotdogs. I have to say they were pretty good with pickle relish on them. Tomorrow I may make a soup or something that I can eat on for a few days thats better for me.

Well its chore time so I'm outta here. Take care everyone.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats

Edited by - wooliespinner on Jun 27 2011 4:40:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4261 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4261 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  4:31:11 PM  Show Profile
howdy everyone,

Kris, we milked Guernseys at one time. We had holsteins, guernseys, ayrshire, brown swiss jerseys. Quite the mixture on the farm. She would give you plenty of cream.
best wishes with the 2 legged kids. It is tough to be a kid. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time with banding. I go slow also, making sure to count to two, having both sides full and not having it right next to the body. I prefer to have the calves standing.
Sherrye good luck with your health issues too. Happy vacation Angie!
Looks like the rest of my hay will be going down tomorrow, and Wednesday. I got maybe 20 acres done so far. The weather has not been the best for haying.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2011 :  6:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Angie, that's good you got some more goats and helped that lady out. I hope they are all healthy goats. How many do you have now? I hope you have a wonderful time. I wish I could go somewhere. But I love being home.

Linda, I have never been to a chiropractor either. I'm glad they are cheaper and will do all the things a doctor would. Hope you don't have to have the MRI. Have you ever used the purple wormer that smells like gas? I cannot think of the name right now but I will. I like it. It really works. Valbazen is real god for a heavy worm load. I used it for the bottle jaw problem I had a few years ago. Cidectin. I knew it would come to me. It has no milk withdrawal time but I always go at least 4 days before we drink it again if I have to use it during milking. But I usually use it right after kidding along with something else first. It's good to have time alone and just do whatever you want. And nice to have someone checking on you in case you hurt yourself again.

The little guys are good tonight. I was really worried about Lil Red this morning. But I did take my time and made sure I had it on just right and sprayed it all over real good. I sprayed them both again tonight. He's up walking around. I just hope they don;t egt infected. I am broke and can't afford a vet right now.

I went down to camp to help in the kitchen tonight. I saw the kids. I saw Coryn smiling through the window. SO they are oing fine. Chloe is taking the horse class. She did that tonight. I saw her on the horse as we were leaving.

When we got home I had to feed the ram lamb again. He has been running as fast as he can when he sees me and skids right into me almost every time. I am getting scared he's going to break my leg. Well, tonight he sliced my right index finger with his teeth. Man, that hurt look h***. Really hurt. I washed it real good and put stuff on it and a bandaide. I think it's about time to go to twice a day. I have so much milk that I've been feeding him 3 times a day. But I am getting nervous. I don't want to get hurt! He is so sweet after he's done. And in between times I can pet him. He's really turning a light gray color in the middle. His legs and head are still black. I don't know if he'll be white or gray. He has little tight kinky curls too. I bet I'll have to shear him.

I'll have to hold off on a calf for ahile now. I really would like one though. Unless a really good deal comes along.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  07:47:21 AM  Show Profile
angie i hope you have a fine vacation. hear from you when you get back. it is so fun to come on here in the morning and see every ones posts. i bet its hot out there cutting hay. i know its work but its work i enjoy. it sounds like your grands are doing good with all the changes. hows mom doing? have you heard from her again. i sure hope she is doing better. gurnseys have a strong line of being A-2 A-2. same with the milking shorthorn. i was able to milk maddies quarters last night in the corral. not a long time but she let me. we are moving her and baby back to pasture this week. then i will finish over there. sure glad your hand is better. how in the world can you milk one handed. i would be there all day. i feel like i am already with hazel. she takes forever. its all about the udder here. LOL well i sold marilyn. yipee she is gone. now ebie needs to go. i will have betty the boer ginger the lamancha and one boer lamancha cross esther. the babies will all go. things will quiet down here some then. once i get maddie moved i can seperate the babies.well its finally summer here. so out go the tomatoes etc. today. i am feeling better today. thanks girls. it was a big one. now just very weak. i hope you all have happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  10:09:02 AM  Show Profile
Sherrye, so glad to see you back. I hope you get over this bug. It may take a little longer because you have too much to do. But rest when you can and drink plenty of fluids. I hope you are back to naormal soon. And so glad you got Marilyn sold. And the kids too. It sounds like you have the milking down.

I have not heard from the kids mom. I hope she is busy with counseling and meetings. She better be anyway. I told her last time I talked to her this better not be no long vacation for her. Or a chance to sleep all day when she should be trying to get the help she needs there.

So the does have decided they have had enough of kids. This morning while milking Sandy, her right teat is so messed up. All bumpy and sore and swollen. She was full on the side and was with the kids all night. SO I went ahead and milked her out and put peppermint oil all over the udder and teat. It's because the kids are 10 weeks old and almost as big as her now. And when I went to try to put them back out with the kids they both headed towards the front pasture. They both said goodbye to their babies and walked to the front. SO I guess we are officially weaned. I have the sheep and goat kids out back now. I can keep an eye on them there better than in the fron. I might put Zarah up front though when I get the new doeling. I am naming her Penelope Jane. She's so pretty. Can't wait to get her. Hopefully in a week or so. She is old enough to be weaned too.

I put an ad on Craig's list for goat milk. Hopefully I can get a few people to buy it.

This morning I had a good thought. To wear gloves when I feed the ram. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that sooned. So it went well so far today. Finger still hurts.

Sherrye, I hope you get your garden going there. I have been picking tomatoes and peppers and squash and zuc and green beans so far. I am putting the peppers in the freezer for meat loaf and sauces later.

I hope y'all have a great Tuesday.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  3:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Kris, I wish Madeline would wean her own babies! She let last year's nurse until they were six MONTHS old! The only reason she weaned at all was because the little boy left.

Linda, glad your hand is doing some better. Take it easy being there by yourself!

Sherrye, glad you are feeling better.

Everything is pretty quiet here, just HOTTER than blazes! LOL!!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977
http://lazyjbarcfarm.blogspot.com/
www.calicocandy.etsy.com
http://stores.countrycents.com/StoreFront.bok?affiliate_no=6
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  8:13:37 PM  Show Profile
well howdy farmgirls, i am better today. my friends came and we unpacked all the glass dishes into the catering tent cupboards. it felt good to unpack more stuff. so we are organizing the produce area, it connect to the catering tent and cook site. we are drying belle off now. she is due to calve in sept. it is sad to me. i just love milking her. she has found the produce tent. she just about tore it up tonight. se broke the zipper on the screen. she was after bananas. so we are going to get set up in pasture to milk now. she will calve over there too. i have not sold the goat babies yet. i am just starting weaning. we have a pen to separate them. so that will happen soon.
Linda so glad your better. it must be a big job doing all you do alone. like grace it takes a strong woman to do what your doing. i know lots of times kris is alone. with hubbie driving for a living. i could not do what you all do. my hats off to you all.
well tomorrow we put the rest of the garden in. i do have peas in and swiss chard and lettuce etc. so more to plant tomorrow. at least the sun is out. we already had a wild fire. we have been having dry lightening. well gotta strain my milk the jars are ready. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  05:08:23 AM  Show Profile
Man, these boys are loud! They are the biggest babies. I put Zarah up front with the does so I just have boys out back now. And it's crazy wild and loud here in the morning. With the ram lamb and those boy goats going all at once! Good grief! SO hopefully that won't last long. I got a little over a gallon of milk from Sandy yesterday. Her poor teat is so sore. I hope it gets better soon.

Sherrye, are you catering now? SOunds like you have so many irons in the fire I would be crazy. And I do all this myself. My hubby did feed the lamb once when he was here on vacation and I was at Mrs. T's all day. Other than that, it's all me. Well, Kansas does help. She is a good helper. She actually led Abby from the front to the milk room last night. All by herself! Abby was a good goat. I hope I can find things to do with all this milk now. I am going to have to make some chevre and feta.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  2:37:36 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I cracked under pressure. I could not handle all the crying from those boys. So they are back with their moms. I am going to go ahead and band the last buck so they can all stay together for now. Or til they are sold. I think I have one sold. Maybe he'd let me keep the other 2 down there because he needs more goats to eat grass. So I think that would be the best thing to do is go ahead and wether all 3 of them. Then I can look for a buck in the fall. This is too much for me right now. And I don't want any pregnant goats either.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  08:19:35 AM  Show Profile
Well, it sure is quiet around here. I guess everyone's busy. I have been making bread and washing clothes and hanging them out. Kind of hard to do with a ram lamb around my feet trying to help out. I had 3 loads and had exactly enough clothespins for everything!

I banded the last buck this morning. Poor little Ziggy. He is laying down. I just checked on him and thought he was dead. I told the does I wouldn't have to do this if they'd just have girls. So now I am going to see if the guy that wants one will let me keep the other 2 at his place just to get them out of here.

Linda, I hope you are better by now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  10:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
Kris, I had a little goat boy named Ziggy this year too! I know what you mean about banding them, girls are SOOO much easier! You need to be tough with those little goats and get them weaned, they really will quit crying eventually! LOL!!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977
http://lazyjbarcfarm.blogspot.com/
www.calicocandy.etsy.com
http://stores.countrycents.com/StoreFront.bok?affiliate_no=6
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  11:38:06 AM  Show Profile
I know, Candy. It's just easier to get them off my property. Then I don't have to hear it. Much easier that way! Ziggy was standing up on the little stump awhile ago. I wish now that I had done them all at night.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  12:31:47 PM  Show Profile
good job kris. i have the trailer backed up to maddie. i fed her fruit in it today. so as soon as she goes in when papa is here GONE is the word. she goes over to pasture. then i can WEAN my goaties. there is a lot of crying for sure. so we have 3 bucks to do yet. wish me a good successful banding too. my neighbor is going to do it. it will take a strong arm or three to hold them. i waited too. anyway gotta go scoop poop with the tractor. talk at you all tonight. again kris wow good job. happy days sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  3:04:02 PM  Show Profile
Catching up on the thread.
Its so hard to type I let a few day go by. My left hand is doing the job of 2 and its starting to get really worn out.I think next week I will be having an MRI. My hands is now getting worse. My middle finger is nothing but pins and needles and by evening the hand is swollen. I think the tondon is torn. This Monday it will have been 2 weeks and should have seen some real improvment besides the bruising going away. Its not as swollen but its not really any better. Darn'it anyhow. I am going back to see the doctor tomorrow for a referel. Money out the window if you know what I mean.

Kris sorry your boys are having a bad time. I hate banding. I usually band in the morning so by the evening they have had time to accept it. I usually give my boys a shot of banamine to help them through the night and the next day. By that time it gets better. After they feel better then wean them.... then they can handle it better in a few days. The first couple of days after banding is hard.

Well gotta get. I have to get ready for chores and its trash night. I am not going to drag the cans down tonight like I usually do. I am going to drive them down. I still don't know what I am going to eat for supper since I am still home alone. I might just have salad or a peanut butter sandwich with chocolate goat milk. Well you all have a nice evening.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  3:20:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda!! I have been SUPER busy with work; I'll try to catch up with you this weekend.
Hi to Kris & all other goaties out there!
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  5:36:02 PM  Show Profile
oh linda, i am so sorry your hand is still hurting you. i was hoping for better news. i am sure you were too. so good you are going in to see whats going on. plus still being alone doing all the stuff on the farm. if i were c,oser i would come right over and help you. please let us know what you find out. to bad banamine wont work on us. hope its something simple. sending hugs sherrye

farm girl #1014
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  6:33:21 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I would have thought you would be a little better by now too. I hope the doctor can get you in somewhere to see what's wrong. How many goats are you milking now?

Sherrye, how old are your bucks? The vet that disbudded them said she always waits til hers are 3 months to castrate. Ziggy is already better tonight. I had to take the does to the back so I could get milk in the morning. I have a friend who gets milk on Fridays and I almost forgot. They will be fine.

Hey there Lisa! How are you? Been playing in the band any more lately? When are you coming to Chattanooga? We ahve a great market on Sundays with live bands. In Oct. we have Octoberfest with all kinds of great music. Y'all should check it out.

I talked to the guy again tonight who wanted a wether. I told him if he would buy one I would give him one for free IF I could bring the 3rd one down there too. They will all be butchered anyway. So he said sure. He will get them in about 2 weeks. That way the little doeling will be ready to come here. I can't wait to get her. And she's naturally hornless!

I am having a guy come Sat. morning to weed eat out back under the electric fence and get it all working right. I am going to put the sheep back there to eat it down. They have just about eaten all the grass in the back yard already. I just need to make sure the fence is working right before they go back there. I will never see those 3 girls again if they got out. I can get about 3 feet form them now and they don't run when I am out there with them. I hung clothes all day and they'd just watch me. Of course Earl has to be right there trying to help me. He's getting so big.

Well, it's been a busy day here. I finally got the whole yard mowed. I'll have to mow again in a few days. I made bread too. And went to camp tp help in the kitchen. So I am tired.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  6:21:38 PM  Show Profile
I just played musical animals. I had a guy come today and weed eated under the electric fence out back. I just got it all working good again. There were so many of the posts broken or the wire was off. Plus had to tighten all the wires. So it is now clicking away out there! Then I just moved the sheep out back. They have mowed down the back yard so good. It was all brown. So now they have a jungle to eat from out there. They seem pretty happy. And no problems moving them either.

Then Kansas helped me get Abby and Sandy to the milk room to feed then they went to the back yard for the night.

And the little turkey babies keep jumping out fo their little house and into the little chicks house next door. They are all out in the laundry room in separate containers. But there are 2 turkeys that keep jumping out into the chicks house. So Kansas put all the chicks in with the turkeys. Their thing is bigger. So lots of moving animals around.

It sure is quiet on here. I guess everyone else is keeping busy too. Tomorrow is a day of rest. I hope y'all have a great long weekend. And Happy 4th!

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 102 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Dairy (Goats, Cows and Sheep) Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page