Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 planting trees / anyone want trees??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic planting trees / anyone want trees?? Next Topic  

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  07:11:02 AM  Show Profile
today I plantes 2 dogwoods and 1 crabapple tree. I still have 8 left!! Arbor organization sent them to me. I thought I was getting 2 or 3. I have 2 american redbuds
2 washington hawthorns
2 goldenraintrees
1 crabapple
1 crapemyrtle
They have to be planted soon, anyone interested?? I cant plant anymore here. I will give them away to anyone who wants them. they are little saplings. Someone will want them Im sure, dont want to waste them.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  07:29:32 AM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
I would love to have a crabapple and crapemyrtle! How in the world would you ship them? Maybe I should contact that organization, were they free?

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  1:04:17 PM  Show Profile
I can ship them but I have to leave for work now, I'll e-mail you later.

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  1:24:21 PM  Show Profile
The National Arbor Day Foundation sent me 10 trees last year too (Free with $10 membership) they are kind of tiny little saplings, probably only a year old. I planted a few but couldn't figure out where to plant the rest. They've been in my garage all winter..Probably dead now. I purchased an apple tree from them also last year but it arrived in late November and the ground was frozen and covered with snow... It is also in my garage.... still in the priority mail package it arrived in.... If they were going to send it priority mail why didn't they do it in September????

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Alaska farm girl
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

dorothy
skagway Alaska
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  1:45:52 PM  Show Profile
replant them individually into 1 gallon pots till they're a little bigger,maybe a year or 2.Sometimes you can sink the pots,(leave a lip above ground.) This also helps them not fight the weeds and get choked out or lost or mown down! If you ship them wrap them in wet newspaper(the roots) and then wrap again,losely,in a plastic bag. Then pack into a cardboard box. You can mark them with surveyors tape after they go in the ground for more visual safety. Good luck,and hug a tree today!
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  4:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Michele! I'd like to adopt some trees BUT I'm in zone 5 (I think) So Colo., so I'm not sure if they would be hardy enough. I'll see what I can find out. We have 15 acres here and I'd love more trees. Thanks for the offer. Especially interested in the Redbuds and Goldenrain trees. Thanks, Luzy

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2006 :  05:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
Thanks Michele, I'll check my email later. I hadn't really thought of shipping trees before. LOL I am going to plant them in big pots for now so that I can take them with me whenever we move from this rental place.

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2006 :  5:31:20 PM  Show Profile
the trees came in a moisturizing gel. If they are stored in fridge, they should be fine to ship. I'll e-mail you & ship them on Tuesday. Just check your e-mail, wont do it now, Daughters 15th birthday. Just needed a second away. Very exhausted!!

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  04:53:23 AM  Show Profile
Michele, I'd love to have the golden rain trees, what can I send you in return?

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2006 :  11:03:47 AM  Show Profile
Michelle, I'd love one or both of the Hawthorns. What can I send in exchange, or would you just like the shipping???
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic planting trees / anyone want trees?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page