Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What's The Best Thing About Your Hometown
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's The Best Thing About Your Hometown Next Topic  

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  6:58:30 PM  Show Profile

I have so enjoyed reading the posts on here and about where many of you live. So I was wondering what is the best thing about your hometown?

Smiles,

Judy

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

"Country Girl at Heart"...

AsiyahK
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Asiyah
New Jersey
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  7:02:49 PM  Show Profile
The best thing is that our back roads have tree canopies. It's beautiful in the fall.

I also love our park; it has a covered bridge and lovely trails for wandering.

A not-too-distant third would be the local farmers. Everytime I see their roadside stands open for business, I stop and buy something whether I need it or not.

Visit my blog at http://mypointohtwo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  7:20:39 PM  Show Profile
We live about 25 miles from Chattanooga and it is full of great things to do. There is the Aquarium, Coolidge Park, Children's Discovery Museum, Hunter Museum. Also Lookout Mt. with all the Civil War museums and Point Park. Then of course the Incline Railroad that goes straight up Lookout Mt. So many things to do in Chatt.

Then in Chickamauga there is the Battlefield with either car or bike tours and the museum if you're in to the Cival War. And the cute little town full of antique stores and a great little tea room called Scarlett's Tea Room.

Ya'll should come visit. Chatt. also has a great market on Sundays with all kinds of local artists and organic produce. Live music, too. Really fun.

And if you like to camp and hike there is Cloudland Canyon and Desoto Falls. It's beautiful up there. Plus just a few miles from my house is the Pocket. A great place to hike and also ride horses. With waterfall, too. I'm done now.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  03:26:47 AM  Show Profile
The best thing about my home town: Cincinnati. Well two things, the really awesome fireworks (we used to work for the fireworks company) and Skyline chili parlors on just about every corner
Go to Top of Page

aunt boby
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

toby
polo illinois
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  06:36:44 AM  Show Profile
I love my town!!! I was born and raised in my little town of 2600. Everyone knows everyone else. My kids have some of the same teachers I did growing up. We have a wonderful featival in the summer called Town and Country Days. It kicks off with a huge fireworks display and ends with a big parade on Father's day. It would not even be possible without the large amount of volunteers. Also we love our high school sports. LET'S GO MARCOS!!!

POOR IS THE MAN WHO CANNOT ENJOY THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE- anonymous
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  06:49:23 AM  Show Profile
Well, I live in Battle Creek, MI which is also known as cereal city because we are the home of several major cereal companies, so I think I would say my favorite thing about my hometown is when I step outside at any time of day and get a whiff of something yummy in the air like Rice Krispie Treats or Blueberry Morning or Fruity Pebbles! YUM!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  06:54:29 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
There is Cortez, Colorado which is where most of our business is done. It's great because it's small, has the most WONDERFUL park . . . I know lots of folks and we can enjoy the small town atmosphere.

Our mail comes from Dolores, Colorado which is 10 miles from Cortez and we live half way between. It is a smaller town down in the Dolores River valley . . . we really like the Dolores River Brewery, a local microbrewery that has the ABSOLUTE BEST pizza!!! Even our kids who live in Phoenix say it is the best pizza. Also a great Salvation Army thrift store where people KNOW us!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  08:22:30 AM  Show Profile
I was raised in Kansas City and moved here to Pleasant Hill, Mo. 36 years ago. At first I thought where in the world has my husband moved me. But it grows on you. Our kids and grand=kids have some of the teachers their parents did. I like that everyone knows everyone and that they know who's children is who's. If they get in to something you know you'll get a call. We look out for each other. I the summer we always host the big bbq competion for the county. Along with rodeo and lots of bbq to sample, and lots and lots of craft booths.Than the weekend ends with a huge firework display. The VFW is very active and brings the whole town together. And there's still plenty of old-timers that keep the pace a little slower. Just love the people!

Blessings, Brenda
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  08:23:13 AM  Show Profile
camden, south carolina....it is just picture-perfect....lots of antebellum homes....the revolutionary war park is really neat and they have many activities/shows going on there Spring through Fall...the war park features the Cornwallis mansion, do you remember the movie the Patriot with mel gibson? where they tricked the British? anyway, the civil war is also a big deal here too ...but i have to say, my favorite thing that Camden is know for--it is the steeplechase capital of the united states! marion dupont donated the huge steeplechase track to the town, ...steeplechase racing starts and ends in camden with the Carolina Cup in the Spring and the Colonial Cup in the Fall. our town has about 6,000 people, but on those two days, 80,000+ people arrive into town for the biggest tail-gating cocktail party in the south!!
Go to Top of Page

farmallgrl
True Blue Farmgirl

483 Posts

Angela
Westminster MD
USA
483 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  09:12:52 AM  Show Profile
My Hometown, let's see. I still live in the town where I was born and raised. I guess the best thing about my hometown is that both mine and my husband's whole family still live here! (At least I think that is a good thing;)

Angela
Farmgirl Sister #337

Has life got you down?...Look Up!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What's The Best Thing About Your Hometown Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page