Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Red Breasted Robin Sighting!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Red Breasted Robin Sighting!!!!! Next Topic  

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  11:01:04 AM  Show Profile
Today it is spitting snow, 23 degrees with a windchill that makes it feel like 7 degrees instead. I pulled up in front of my office after making a mad dash to the post office and......THERE HE WAS!!! A big, fat red-breasted robin!!! He was attending to something in a shrub and seemed quite happy there. I can't believe it! Just when I thought Spring was NEVER going to get here!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  12:06:13 PM  Show Profile
I saw one in our backyard yesterday! Even though we live in Florida, it has been a cold winter in the northen part where I live. But, the birds have been great here this year, probably because of the BAD snow up north. Glad you got to see a little glimpse of spring. Robins do not live here all year long - they just pass through, and sometimes in great quantities.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  12:49:09 PM  Show Profile
Get out!

We are in the midst of a very big blizzard up in the North Woods...

Crazy bird----send him up here!

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  2:04:48 PM  Show Profile
Melody that made me laugh!!! I know what you mean. I'm glad we're not in the middle of a storm, but I was absolutely SHOCKED to see him. There's snow on the ground and it's FREEZING outside. What the heck is he doing here?? But I was glad to see him none the less and took a picture of him with my phone. :)

Jeannie, I have often wondered why we don't live in Louisianna or Florida or some place like that that stays warm most of the year. Though I did see you guys got pretty darn cold for your part of the country this year. It's so nice to watch all the beautiful wild birds on their migration paths. Right now we're swampped with Canadian Geese. They are so fun to watch!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  6:44:38 PM  Show Profile
Here are the birds I saw today: 2 beautiful Wood ducks, a pair...many Canadian geese on our ponds nearby, a warbler, flcok of bluebirds!!!!, a white ibis, cardinals, wrens, and a hawk. And to top it all off, a red fox came to the yard!!!! He was beautiful.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  8:11:19 PM  Show Profile
I love things like that - it reminds you that, while there may be winter yet, spring will come again!!

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

knitnpickinatune
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Sherrie
Gardena California
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  07:30:14 AM  Show Profile
still waiting to see one here-but then I've been at my part time job a lot this week,and will be next week. I'm off the next 4 days so I'll be lookin!

http://www.mandolinbabe.info

http://www.mandolinbabe.net

@MandolinChick on Twitter
fingerpickin Farmgirl #702
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Red Breasted Robin Sighting!!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page