Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic UGH! Next Topic  

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  3:18:36 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
So here I sit reading the forums. I should be working. Getting my files in order so the next person who gets my clients will know just what to do. I was transferred last week to a job which causes me to lost 1/2 of my income and the hours include night, weekends, and holidays. Does not lend it's self to having a second job as the hours are so strange. It is very bitter lemonade. Just about the time I get over the change they send me to a stupid meeting run by incompetent mangers and WHAM!!!! I just want to scream or eat. I know I should be happy I still have health insurance but DH is pretty much laid off (self-employed) and the $800.00 loss is just about to much for me. Oh well guess I will go back to reading and then make a casserole. Mmmm maybe Mexican. Can always work later.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
Nana to 4 with 1 on the way.
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  3:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Betty Jo,
I am so sorry to hear that... I hate that that is happening for you... Mexican casserole sounds really good tho!!!

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

Shi-anne
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Cheryl
Ada OK
USA
596 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  4:03:36 PM  Show Profile
Praying things improve for your household!

Farmgirls don't have hot flashes ~ They have power surges!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  4:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Betty Jo, I can relate, as I have been in the process of launching a home business, as well as looking for a part time job, when i fell and broke my elbow. Now I can't do either. I haven't screamed yet, but have had plenty of tears, and to many desserts. Hey wait, I think I still have some Dove chocolate in the drawer! Praying for you.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  4:59:47 PM  Show Profile
I can totally relate! Frustrating as all get out, I know, I know....

We are so lucky though a lot of people in this great land of ours are struggling, really struggling. I am just thankful my DH is still employed especially up here in the Great North Woods.

I have to admit I surely do miss my "Retail Therapy" Wednesdays back when I was employed

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  6:16:25 PM  Show Profile
Betty Joe I am really sorry. I can relate to the financial situation. My best friend says that when a door closes jump out a window!!!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  6:24:06 PM  Show Profile
Betty Joe I hope things get better for you soon. My DH has been laid off since last May I got laid off in November, my oldest daughter lost her job in October and she and her significant other have moved back in with us and my youngest daughter lost her job after a terrible auto accident in May. She still needs more surgery. I can feel your pain. Things - will - pick up for all of us soon. Be positive and visualize what you want. Good luck.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  6:46:09 PM  Show Profile
Betty Joe and Beth, I am in the same boat. My DH had to take a job making $10 less an hour, and I can't work because my parents could no longer take care of themselves and had to move in with us. Last year was so difficult, I know things have to get better this year. That is what I am praying for.

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  8:42:23 PM  Show Profile
Wow, my heart goes out to you. For years I had that kind of job. I finally just quit and went freelance. I'm not saying its sunshine, but I feel much better, I just juggle a little more and put away any monies for a rainy day. Hoping a solution comes to you soon!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View My Work:

art/dolls: www.vagabondcreations.blogspot.com

The Horse Drawn Project and Farming!
www.beyondvagabond.blogspot.com

View the blog and radio show!
Renegade Farming!: www.therenegadefarmer.com

NEXT RADIO SHOW: Jan 31st ~ Heather Smith Thomas, author of "Storey's Guide to Raising Beef Cattle" and "Storey's Guide to Raising horses" If you like horses or cattle, JOIN US!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic UGH! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page