hikerchic
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Stacey
ravenna oh
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  07:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi! I am new to the board and thought I'd see if there are any other knitters out there?

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  09:12:52 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes! There are plenty of knitters here! Are you on Ravelry? If so, you can add me as a friend (camdensmom)! Welcome to MJF!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  09:20:24 AM  Show Profile
I kinda knit... as long it has geometric shapes such as square or rectangle! heeeheee heeehee

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  09:49:30 AM  Show Profile
Hi Stacey!

I've been a knitter since I was old enough to sit in grandma's lap and have her help me hold the needles (I'm 55 now) - so welcome!!

Luanne
beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

hikerchic
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Stacey
ravenna oh
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  10:06:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh I am so excited to see knitters!
I am on ravelry as staceyknits
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  10:20:07 AM  Show Profile
Yep, I'm a knitter, too. What else does a person do while they're watching TV. Can't knit during Lost though
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  10:24:34 AM  Show Profile
I am a 'knitter' too. Took it up again after many years of not. I am pretty much a beginner after all these years tho. Just doing simple patterns so far!! Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  10:45:08 AM  Show Profile
I've been knitting since the 7th grade! I seem to have to have something in my hands at all times-hence I knit, sew, embroider.....I just can't sit in front of the TV doing nothing!

You know what they say...Idle hands!

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl89
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Kayla
Dunnville KY
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  12:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Send fiddlegirl89 an AOL message  Send fiddlegirl89 a Yahoo! Message
Me, me, me...I'm a knitter!!

http://www.custerfamilyfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  1:30:51 PM  Show Profile
Me too!!! At least I fancy myself as one. All my projects have been small so far. I've got a pair of mittens on needles today. I should be able to get them done today and gift them tomorrow...if I pick them back up again.

Told my hubby the other day that he'd have to pick up the slack cause I was just going to stay home and knit mittens from now on. Nothing fancy...just regular old K1P1 wrist and plain knit in the round hand/thumb mittens.... Oh and that meant All the slack...money, house, kids. Maybe this relates more to my "cabin fever" post....

Yeah... I knit!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  3:18:29 PM  Show Profile
Me too. I learned when I was 7. Mostly knit socks and dishcloths for some reason..with the occasional ski mask or mittens thrown in. I usually knit some every day. fun to see so many other knitters here!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hikerchic
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Stacey
ravenna oh
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  10:43:38 AM  Show Profile
I love seeing all the knitters on board. Has there ever been a knit along, or a yarn swap?
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  1:14:38 PM  Show Profile
I like to knit also, but I agree you can't knit during lost!!! you might miss something!!!hehehehe

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dilavendar
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Di
Cortland Ohio
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  10:55:16 AM  Show Profile
I'm a kinda sorta knitter but love doing it. Made scarves for all of my girlfriends for Christmas. They keep wearing them so I guess I did ok. I find kniting relaxing when the pattern & I can agree. My next thing I'm going to try is a felted tote bag. Hugs Di

Di
Go to Top of Page

hikerchic
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Stacey
ravenna oh
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  12:18:01 PM  Show Profile

di if you can make scarves, you are a knitter!
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  2:28:15 PM  Show Profile
I try. I'm getting ready to knit a baby blanket for the new baby girl who will arrive this summer in our family (granddaughter). I've recently made some handwarmers and fingerless gloves and will be working on a poncho shortly, too. My office gets cold, so I need something to wrap up in. I just finished my first ever sweater and it looks darned good if I say so myself. I've been knitting since I was 10 - a friend taught me and we used to make headbands in school colors and sell them. I've also made some of the grandkids scarves.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  5:38:23 PM  Show Profile
I'm a knitter, too. I love to knit. I knit mostly scarves and hats these days, it seems. I want to do a sweater again, but need to finish up my smaller projects first... Love to knit dishrags, they last forever. I also teach knitting classes. It's so calming and creative. PS: Check out the knit swap under the "Farmgirl Barter" section. I just joined here, and am so excited to get to knit something for someone and get a surprise in the mail! PS I am also on Ravelry, it is a great website!

KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE

Edited by - texdane on Feb 19 2010 5:39:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:43:37 PM  Show Profile
I'm a knitter too. I mostly knit socks because I love the sock yarns and it's a small, portable project. Lately I've been knitting fingerless gloves.

"Let us never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most important labor of man. When tillage begins, other art follows. The farmers, therefore, are the founders of civilization."

Daniel Webster

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  12:46:28 PM  Show Profile
I definitely knit! I mostly knit scarves, but I would love to learn how to knit other things as well.
God's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  1:03:03 PM  Show Profile
Megan, if you can knit scarves, you can knit other things, too. Just start with simple patterns, and build up from there.

Nicole

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2010 :  1:22:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the encouragement Nicole! It's all about time with me! Once summer comes, I'll have more time to dedicate to crafty things.
God's Blessings,
Megan

Go to Top of Page

chick-chick
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Liz
New Britain CT
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2010 :  5:30:54 PM  Show Profile
I'm one of those "kind of" knitters. I taught myself about two years ago after my sister in law tried teaching me for a couple of years prior to that She kept telling me I was doing it wrong. I think I do knit differently but the end result isn't too bad, I've made several scarves, a few aftgans, a couple of market bags and some mittins, but every thing has pretty simple stiches to it. It keeps me occupied (Until I discovered mary Janes I can't seem to pull myself away from here!!!!)
Liz
Go to Top of Page

JudyF
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Judy
Cleveland Georgia
USA
9 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  08:07:28 AM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirl Sisters, I knit--a lot. I'm right now into socks and have just learned to do two at one time on magic loop. I've ordered a publication on how to knit one inside the other (double knitting)--has anyone ever done that? Also, next week, I'm going to take a lesson on how to spin my own yarn! I also teach a class where we spent a sememster knitting on the Knifty Knitter Looms--you should see how inventive my students are. Anxious to hear of any experiences with dk socks. JudyF

There is Peace and Grace in our little Country Place.
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  04:31:03 AM  Show Profile
Hey Girls!

Don't sell yourselves short! If you "just knit scarves"...you can knit and you are a knitter!! :)

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  08:09:07 AM  Show Profile
Right now I've decided to rekindle my love for loom knitting and I'm attempting to make a shoulder bag/purse. I'm not sure if it's going to turn out, though. It's a little loose, but hopefully it turns out!
God's Blessings,
Megan

Go to Top of Page

bdhughes77
True Blue Farmgirl

126 Posts

Debbie
Menomonie WI
USA
126 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2010 :  10:33:40 AM  Show Profile
I also knit and socks are my favorite. I love to wear them...it's like having a little secret..I'll explain...when I worked everyone was always in a bad mood...management, customers, wages, weather...you name it and they complained about it. It really started to wear on me towards the end so I would just wiggle my toes in my homemade socks and think about how wonderful life is at home!

Count your blessings!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Gathered Up: Previous Topic any other knitters out there? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page