Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Stitching a wedding gift
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Stitching a wedding gift Next Topic  

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  04:59:48 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to embroider a wedding gift for my sister. She's getting married in 2011 so I have some time.

I was thinking of doing a table cloth but I don't know what size table she'll have when they move in together. Then I thought of doing a sheet set. I love this pattern: http://www.womansday.com/Content/Shelter/Decorating/DIY-Decor-Love-and-Blessings-Bed-Linens

I would put the angels on the top sheet.

What do you think? What else would you stitch with it? Bathroom towels or perhaps some kitchen towels?

She has an apartment of her own right now. I'd just love to give them something handmade & special.

Farm Girl #790

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

AmethystRose
True Blue Farmgirl

254 Posts

Rosemary
Huntingdon PA
USA
254 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  2:41:17 PM  Show Profile
How about a table runner instead of a whole cloth? You could do several, themed for the seasons or special holidays. Then she could use a solid cloth under, and they would be less likely to be damaged by stains.
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  4:11:09 PM  Show Profile
How about a wedding sampler with their names and wedding date on it? Perhaps add the words from "their song". I've done this as a gift several times and it's usually a big hit and very personal.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Stitching a wedding gift Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page