True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  06:47:20 AM  Show Profile
Got this in an email today, thought you all would enjoy

Research done at Michigan State University found that:
65 above zero:Floridians turn on the heat.People in Michigan plant gardens.

60 above zero:Californians shiver uncontrollably.People in Michigan sunbathe.

50 above zero:Italian & English cars won't start.People in Michigan drive with the windows down.

40 above zero:Georgians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats.People in Michigan throw on a flannel shirt.

35 above zero:New York landlords finally turn up the heat.People in Michigan have the last cookout before it gets cold.

20 above zero:People in Miami are in shock.Michiganders close the windows.

Zero:Californians fly away to Mexico.People in Michigan get out their winter coats.

10 below zero:Hollywood disintegrates.The Girl Scouts in Michigan are selling cookies door to door.

20 below zero:Washington DC runs out of hot air.People in Michigan let the dogs sleep indoors.

30 below zero:Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.Michiganders get upset because they can't start the Snowmobile.

40 below zero:ALL atomic motion stops.People in Michigan start saying...'Cold enough fer ya?

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  09:31:01 AM  Show Profile
LOL...true true! I can't tell you how many times I have seen teenagers in shorts and tank tops when it's below freezing. I'm being totally serious. And a foot of snow on the ground too.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  1:22:21 PM  Show Profile
ROFL!!! How true is all that! To save money, my school has turned down the heat...way down. We FINALLY had a snow day today and that was just cause there was 10+ inches around here...that alone is not enough to stop us though...it was the extra wind that pushed it all around. I'm sure they turned the heat waaaay down today...and since we are about to go into a 4-day mid-winter break on Friday...there won't be much heat tomorrow. We just wear another layer.

I've heard that there are a lot of former Michiganders that end up in AK as well.

That info was pretty funny though....
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  5:02:56 PM  Show Profile
LOL---very, very funny!

I wrote a friend who lives in Louisiana the other day mentioning that I finally peeled a few layers of clothing off as the temperature was a whopping 28-degrees outside. She thought that was a very funny thing to say. But, it was true! You have to pretty thick-skinned to live up in the great north woods--don't ya know!

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert

Melody
Farmgirl #525
www.melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic For Michigan Farmgirls Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page