Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  06:44:32 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, you are welcome! Don't worry about being late, spring comes late to my neck of the woods anyhoo!

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  12:32:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Deb, the package finally came, those rural mailmen are a bit slow. But the items in the carton were wonderful. The tea infuser with the tea cup on the end was great, and the tea bag to go along with it was great, have a dear friend that suffers the effects of breat cancer and support the cause, the silk ribbon was so great since I do silk ribbon embroidery, the "MEOW" ribbon for scrapbooking was great (we had a huge cat that gets in pic, a lot), the threads and the chlt, can't forget that (shared with hubby and grandson), the scarf holder was so great just got a scarf that was made all from beads and it will go great with that. And the bubbles were great.
What a great carton, whimsy and practical all combined to make one great surprise.
Thanks bunches,
Jennifer

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  8:05:50 PM  Show Profile
jennifer
so glad you like it
it was so much fun to put together
hugs deb

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  8:43:10 PM  Show Profile
Thank you SSSOOO MMMUUUCCCHHH Toni!! You are something else! Wow, I got my egg carton from you today and I don't even know where to start!! So many fun, fun things.........first of all, your handmade card was wonderful and you taking the time to write a note meant so much to me! Thank you Toni!! I'll write you back this week! And all the great gifts...did you make the lovely towel w/flowers? Also the dishcloth looks knit! I love it! As well as the sweet flower cookie cutter, Easter cupcake papers, awesome pan/dish scrubbers (did you make those too????), garden gloves, which I desperately needed, Zinnia seeds, which are one of my most favorite flowers, a garden shovel, a note pad for the frig, a notebook that I will get lots of use out of, nail file and clippers, 2 vintage handkerchiefs that are very sweet, candy and a hand exercise ball, peppermint lip balm (already used it!), the cutest pins with tiny buttons as heads (pins were on my list to buy!!), a sweet duck keychain that quacks and lights up!! I garden, cook and sew, so I will make use of everything and think of you each time I use my special gifts! Heartfelt thanks for your love and kindness!!! Hugs, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2010 :  8:26:18 PM  Show Profile
I got my egg carton today from Luanne!!!! When I got home it was on my porch. I was so excited. She had it wrapped in a pretty placemat. There were the cutest socks, daisy buttons, pink flower earrings, a smelly good candle, a cute little tiny quilted potholder keychain, a little yo yo cup thing, darn, I can't think what they are called that you put cups on. Anyway, it's so pretty. Did you make that? And candy! I hope I didn't forget anything. I love it all. Thank you so much. The wait is over. It is here. I really had fun with this swap.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  04:15:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kristin!

I'm so glad you liked everything. The cup coaster is made from hand made yo-yo's. You can also use it for a tiny candle mat. I didn't make it or the key chain, but they are made by Amish ladies in Lancaster County, PA.

I really enjoyed this swap too - maybe we can do another one soon!

Luanne

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

vintagediva1
True Blue Farmgirl

1251 Posts

Michele
Brighton Michigan
USA
1251 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  06:03:50 AM  Show Profile
Denise, Thought I posted this but can't seem to find it.
Cutest egg carton wrapped in a flowery, Springtime fat quarter and loaded with all sort of goodies. Lots of embellishments and some beautiful vintage buttons and candy and WOW lots of goodies.
This swap has been lots of fun
Michele

www.2vintagedivas.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.etsy.com
www.sissyandsisterstitch.artfire.com

Love that good ole vintage junk
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  06:14:32 AM  Show Profile
Karen, thanks for having this swap! It was a lot of fun.

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  07:32:09 AM  Show Profile
I loved this swap and hope we can do it again too! Thank you Karen for putting this together! Hugs, Lin

Go to Top of Page

KathyC
True Blue Farmgirl

583 Posts

Kathy
Gastonia NC
USA
583 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  07:50:54 AM  Show Profile
Diane,
Took you little surprises to the post office yesterday at lunch, you should have them soon. Sorry again for the delay, hope you enjoy.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

catgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Denise
New Market AL
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  08:11:36 AM  Show Profile
Michele-
Got your eggcarton, wow. So much stuff and I really liked everything especially the purse holder. I always wanted one and put it in my purse to use the next time I go to a restaurant. Thanks so much for everything!
Denise

http://nittinfool.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Denise
New Market AL
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  08:12:43 AM  Show Profile
I hope we all can do this next year. It was so fun :)

Denise

http://nittinfool.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofadventure
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Jessica
Jensen Beach FL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  12:04:00 PM  Show Profile
Classy Gram!! I just got back really late from a week's vacay in Austin TX. I have yet to open your package...I am running around like wild today...so I will be opening it later...so I can enjoy thoroughly! Thanks so much and I can't wait!
blessings,
jess

farmgirl sister #937
Go to Top of Page

haydemon
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Monica
Covington GA
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  2:13:24 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by solilly

Thanks Monica, I received my package yesterday in the mail. My husband wanted me to open it right away to see what was in it. It is so funny he is in this swap thing a great deal with ideas etc. I love the little dolls for I have a large doll collection but this is the smalliet of all. Lilly thanks again.

learning the life I always wanted.

I'm glad you liked it! Those dolls are actually from South America, Chile, where I grew up. I had a hard time deciding what to get you, since I didn't know what your hobbies, likes and dislikes are. In my case, you can't go wrong with quilting or sewing stuff. Regards,

Monica

Save our Main Streets!
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  3:10:50 PM  Show Profile
sheree
thanks so much all the adorable things i can't wait to hang the eggs out there are perfect
and i alway need garden gloves and the beautiful paperweigh and fan perfect for those hot summer nights and the candy and the nivea your so wonderful thank you thank you
i want to do this again next time i had a blast.
hugs deborah

inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

llamallady58
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Tamara
Tulare California
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  5:47:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Barb
I got my egg carton today and I am tickled to death actually, not death, life. I loved the chicken whose head and tail bobs. He is a very handsome rooster. and the little yellow chick awesome. We have a few of those running around here right now. The pin cushion, loved it, already put pins in it. Did you make it yourself? I am going to have my girl's group do that for mother's day gifts. I can't wait for you to get your egg carton. It should be there soon. Something happened at the post office and the first one got smashed. I salvaged most everything and put it in a new one, which has been FedExed. They said 5 days and I sent it on Tuesday. This was such a fun thing. I loved everything in my carton. I am eggstatic and I agree with Catgirl I think we should do it again.

because sometimes you have to look beyond the fence
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  8:10:27 PM  Show Profile
Maybe we could do a "summer is coming" swap?? And then a "fall is coming, too" swap? And then there's winter....

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Mar 24 2010 8:11:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

DuckGirlMass
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Candida
Leicester MA
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  08:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Send DuckGirlMass an AOL message  Send DuckGirlMass a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by kristin sherrill

Maybe we could do a "summer is coming" swap?? And then a "fall is coming, too" swap? And then there's winter....

Kris

Happiness is simple.

This is a great idea!!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.....
www.etsy.com/shop/SomethingWiccan
http://stores.ebay.com/Something-Wiccan-Buffalo-Carvings
www.somethingwiccanwares.com
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  08:30:21 AM  Show Profile
I agree..........great idea, Kristin!!! This was so much fun!!!

Edited by - Lin on Mar 25 2010 08:32:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  12:03:50 PM  Show Profile
This was great fun and would love to do it again. I was so excited when I recieved my carton and all the wonderful goodies. It was also great fun to fill the carton, I am doing some for frieds for Easter.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

queenofadventure
True Blue Farmgirl

87 Posts

Jessica
Jensen Beach FL
USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  3:24:12 PM  Show Profile
Classy Gram!!!! Yahooo what a beautiful Spring has sprung creation you made me!!! I love everything about it! Excited to use the recipe cards, put out my lil' chick and enjoy all of the special suprises you sent me!! Thank you soo much for sending me a delightful experience!
With Gratitude and Appreciation!
Jess

farmgirl sister #937
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  4:32:05 PM  Show Profile
Quilten Kate
Your egg carton is on its way, Yahoo, finally. Let me know when you get it

Robin
Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From Sheep to Handspun."
http://mountainmorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  09:53:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi Beth Jones,

Wanted to let you know that your package arrived. I am not going to open it until Easter weekend though. Will post pics when I do. Yours will go out first thing Monday morning via priority mail. I will send you the tracking info.

Thank you again!!!

Have a good day!

Michelle & Ashley
Farmgirls #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  2:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Kathy C,
I got my egg carton of goodies today! Thanks so much, everything is just wonderful. Could not have come on a better day. I was feeling a little down today, seems some of my long time girlfriends just don't "get" me. You surely cheered me up!
Inside the carton is a hand-made soap that smells wonderful, some bath salts, a cute magnet with my last name on it, a beautiful red glass pendant with a tree soldered on it, some post its, cute little candles, a red gem, some flower stickers, some cute book marks that her daughter wrote quotes on, a tiny nest of chicks, and some Oxalis bulbs...one of my favorites. Thanks so much Kathy, I will think of you as I am enjoying my goodies. This swap has been real fun.

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2010 :  3:04:00 PM  Show Profile