New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Wood burning cookstove Next Topic  

Rea231
True Blue Farmgirl

139 Posts

139 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  06:39:01 AM  Show Profile
I was wondering if anyone uses a woodburning cookstove. I heat my home with a woodstove and I also have a fireplace. I seldom use the fireplace and am planning to replace it with a woodburning cookstove. I use the top of my woodstove all the time for cooking and would love to have an actual cookstove also. Any hints or know of one to purchase?

The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.

Tn.Earthmama
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Phyllis
Englewood Tennessee
451 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  07:17:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rea, nope I don't have one....yet. I so want a wood cookstove. right now we are "all electric" which is advertised as a good thing, or was when I was younger, back in the dark ages. LOL. I would love one of those fancy ones, but they are so expensive. I'm looking around for a used one. good luck in your search. Phyllis
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  07:38:57 AM  Show Profile
I can only help a little on this one. We have a small 2 burner wood stove in the kitchen, it was origanally put in for heating purposes. Since it is small I can't do alot of cooking on it but whenever I have a fire in it I do use it for cooking. The oven part of it is large enough to bake 2 loaves of bread at a time and that is where most of my bread gets cooked. We have cooked pretty much everything on it. Last year DH was able to find a very nice cast iron wok for my birthday, we removed the cooking plate and placed the wok in the hole and had stir-fry, it was great. I too am hoping that one day I will have a full size wood cook stove, but for now my small one will work.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Wood burning cookstove Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page