Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 If you never feel you have arrived.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you never feel you have arrived..... Next Topic  

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  7:08:26 PM  Show Profile
it just gives you the opportunity to journey on.

On another post here, a fellow farmgirl expressed the feeling that she could never achieve real farmgirl status. When you feel most humble, and work the hardest, and feel the least important, that is when you are probably giving your utmost, and are on the right track. What do you all think of this?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  7:41:11 PM  Show Profile
I definitely agree - the people I admire the most are those who are so busy doing and giving that they never stop to think about what they are doing and giving. To that end I try to keep my mind busy with the things I want to accomplish and do for others rather than what I have already done, not always successful, but worth trying for I think.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  06:54:01 AM  Show Profile
I absolutely agree! I do have moments where I'm able to stand back and say, AHA!!! Look at what I have accomplished!!! But there is always more to do, more to be, more to give, more to create. I think it's important to recognize and be encouraged by your progress, but no one ever really "arrives". We just keep improving, keep learning.

Truth be told, I the gravity of this concept was really driven home to me by working with horses. When I was younger, I wanted so badly to be as accomplished in riding and training horses as of the professional trainers. I met an older woman who helped establish the U.S. Dressage Federation and had the opportunity to take lessons from her in addition to working on her farm with her horses. She really helped me to see and understand that the experience of working with horses is something that lasts a lifetime and that you can never arrive at a point where you know EVERYTHING there is to know. You can learn and improve, but you never "arrive".

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  07:47:22 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Bob Dylan regarding success! I think the minute I feel I have "atttained" I have just put myself further behind on my quest!

Michelle

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  08:00:20 AM  Show Profile
You know I never really think about arriving. I am always open to each new experience and I just don't feel I am ever finished, if you are finished that's the end folks! I don think about knowing everything about anything. I feel that is impossible, because there is always something new coming about. I agree with Michelle Old Bob knows what he is talking about. If you can wake up and spend your day doing what you love, then yeah, I guess then in every way you have everything. Maybe not everyone elses idea of a perfect goal, but for me that is about as perfect as you can get.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13645 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13645 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  08:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Jeannie. . .
I agree that it is the opportunity to journey on. I don't believe we ever truly "arrive". I tell my daughter that each new day brings with it new opportunities and it is in how we respond to those opportunities that make us what we are, who we are and who we will become. I also believe that one of the most important things here on earth is how we treat other people . . . how we nurture relationships.
And I believe that "the hand that gives . . .gathers", and "what goes around comes around".
I have been humbled in many of life's situations and it is through that humbling that I have been able to grow!
Thanks for provoking thoughts!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dandelionhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

205 Posts

Debbie
Plymouth Mass
USA
205 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  09:49:08 AM  Show Profile
I agree! I think a farm girl is.....always thinking of other's while working towards her dreams. She is the kind of gal who anticipates the needs of those she loves, and is generous with small acts of kindness daily. She always has an inspiring word or two for ears who need to hear them,and deep down wants to make a difference in the world. I guess it's not that uncommon that sometimes we think to " arrive" will somehow be our " reward" or our badge for all the good we do because our world focuses so much on " success " and not the journey, but in truth... the rewards are in our daily rounds and the small miracles that trickle into our lives, believing in oursleves, and our dreams. I have come to realize that we won't really know the possitive impact we have on our world by living this way. We don't always know where our goodness takes root or how far wide it spreads but we send it out there anyway! That is a farmgirls heart...There is no " one " perfect farmgirl... We are already perfect in our own way!
Go farmgirls!!!
Deb~ www.deborahjeansdandelionhouse.com

home is where we all craft the life of our dreams.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic If you never feel you have arrived..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page