Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Spunky Old Broads . Virtual "Spring-Fling"- TODAY!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Spunky Old Broads . Virtual "Spring-Fling"- TODAY! Next Topic
Page: of 11

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  10:22:35 AM  Show Profile
I am in for "Double Duty Spunky" just for you Brenda. I am wearing about 3 layers of clothing, with big boots and a hat and ear muffs and walking my dog Molly backwards. She doesn't know what to think and the neighbors think I've lost it. Now that I am back from my walk I am pondering what other "Double Duty Spunky" stuff I can do today? I am sure I will think of something...film at 11:00.

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  10:41:57 AM  Show Profile
Me, spunky, well some days. But old broad.. yes, that's me every day! So I guess this month is for me too!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

An Angel says, 'Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice.'
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  1:56:00 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Love it, Diane! Why not go out on a limb, where all the funky spunky farmgirls are! lol I qualify for the old part so I think I will jump right in. ;D

A person will be just about as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abe Lincoln Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

coffeemom
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Melody
Carlinville IL
USA
160 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  2:11:53 PM  Show Profile
Yeah..... I'm surely a funky old broad. ha
Melody
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  3:03:09 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Okay, you Spunky Old Broads, we need to get together, have a group photo taken and let out all the stops!!!

Wish we could . . . . 'twould be such fun!!

CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  06:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
What are you spunky old broad farmgirls up to today to celebrate??
I'm working a 12 hr. shift so I won't be able to do much to celebrate . . .

HAVE FUN!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  07:10:56 AM  Show Profile
From the ages posted here, I believe I must be the queen of the MJ Spunky old broad's month. At sixty two I am definitely an old broad and I am also very spunky for that age. What fun!!! Will inform everyone I know that this is the month to salute all us "Old gray Mares"!!! Life only gets better with each year doesn't it?
N@n in Ark

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  12:26:44 PM  Show Profile
It's really snowing here in Mo. I think I'm going to run out and make snow angels! The neighbors are going to say "Well I knew this was coming, she's a goner now!" Just brighting up their day!
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  3:08:23 PM  Show Profile
I don't know to do. I'm all "stove up" from wrenching my back a couple of weeks ago and then slipping off the porch in the ice last week. Slowly but surely healing. I didn't realize MJF had their own calendar but now that one of you Spunky Old Broads pointed me in the right direction, it is on its way as we "speak". Brian had to call me about the shipment and I am so tickled. Actually, I found some organic whole wheat last week and I think I will go home and learn how to make something out of it. I'm sure it won't be on my Weight Watchers, but I don't much care right about now.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  3:09:24 PM  Show Profile
Brenda....you're a nut! Go to it girl!
N@N....You win. At 62 you are the "Grand-Leader." lol
It's snowing like crazy here too. It's gorgeous to watch. We are 'spose to get 4-8 inches here in the NE.I hope we do.I love snow!

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  3:44:50 PM  Show Profile
N@N you need to get you a crown and go out and tell everyone how you was crowned by all your spunky old broad farmgirl friends. And as spunky as you sound, I'm sure you'd have alot of fun doing it!!!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  4:34:04 PM  Show Profile
Good one Brenda...hahaha....remember those foil&cardboard crowns Burger King use to give out....she needs one of those...lolol!!

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2010 :  6:42:10 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
YOU GO GIRLS!!! YAY!!!
Nan . . . you absolutely need a crown and you do need to share the celebration with your friends.

You probably are the "SPUNK QUEEN" . . . I just turned 61 in December!

Well, we'll see what fun we can have tomorrow . . .it's only Feb. 6th and we still have a lot of month to celebrate!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

redring
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Miranda
southbend in
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  12:45:48 AM  Show Profile
I hope to belong to this club one day! :) My grandmother always has and I love her so much for it. keep spunky! And keep living life to the brim! by the way you can get cardboard crowns at burger king. They always think im nuts when I ask for one :) Im working toward my future spunky old broad badge! i plan to do mine with blue hair tho.... Of course I think N@N is still young at 60 so I dunno maybe I already qualify LOL! have fun!

http://barterkitty.blogspot.com/

Working tward a self efficent life = happyness
Go to Top of Page

Candy C.
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Candy
Mescal AZ
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  04:04:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Candy C. a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by KayB

I don't know to do. I'm all "stove up" from wrenching my back a couple of weeks ago and then slipping off the porch in the ice last week. Slowly but surely healing. I didn't realize MJF had their own calendar but now that one of you Spunky Old Broads pointed me in the right direction, it is on its way as we "speak". Brian had to call me about the shipment and I am so tickled. Actually, I found some organic whole wheat last week and I think I will go home and learn how to make something out of it. I'm sure it won't be on my Weight Watchers, but I don't much care right about now.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go

Hope your back is doing better soon!

Candy C.
Farmgirl Sister #977

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  06:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hang in there "KayB" . . . I'm pullin for ya'!!!!

My daughter and I both have the MJF calendar . . . we enjoy it!

CJ

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  1:29:48 PM  Show Profile
OK Brenda, I pulled a "Spunky-Old-Broad" just for you. I shoveled out the end of the driveway so DH could get in tonight and then I fed all the birdies 'cause they were squalking at me since there's about 15 inches of snow out there. Then it hit me....I should make a "SnowAngel" ...just for Brenda. So I set my shovel down and ~whump~ this 55 yr old, "Old Girl" fell backwards in the 2 to 3 foot drift I made. I'm laying there surprised at myself for doing it and thinking, "Oh well, nobody can see me over here!" Then I thought, "OMGOSH, nobody can see me over here! They might not find the body 'til spring!" AACCCCCKKKKKK!!! I start thrashing and wiggling and started LOL cause I couldn't get up!!! lolololol Finally I managed to turn over and get my knees and hands under me and struggled to me feet. I had so many clothes on. I brushed off and looked at that poor Angel and it just looked more like an "Old Bear" wallered in the snow! ~hmpf~ I tried to fix it with my hands but....ya....oh well...."Brenda, Happy Old Broads Day!" ....and....Do Not try this at home!!!! lololol
Sure hope your feeling better!

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 06 2010 1:31:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  3:00:26 PM  Show Profile
I was inspired by the posts and wore my Muck boots into town yesterday and this morning to Wal-mart. Usually that act is reserved only for men!

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  3:18:47 PM  Show Profile
Okay Nan ... I've got you beat by 10 years ... 10 years more spunk, sass and vinegar!!

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  3:37:42 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I laugh so hard that my hubby ran in here to see what was going on!!! I told him I was just having some girl fun!!! Thank you for the laugh, I needed that!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  4:15:05 PM  Show Profile
I been out chasing stray goats!. I'm going to take a big full bubble bath and enjoy my seed catalogues!
Nothing is more exciting then spending money on a garden...or at a quilt shop...or junkin....heeheehee

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  5:42:48 PM  Show Profile
Hahaha Judy, just picturing you in that snowbank while trying to make snow angels has me laughing so hard!!!
I can't wait to see what else we all do over the month.... as soon as I heal I may go out and ride my son-in-laws snowmobile, I haven't been on one in 30 years, but I sure want to!
We need to form a club!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  6:45:16 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
My visual on the snow angel making process was hilarious!!! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH!!! And, it just made me think of a time when I did the same thing!!

Does just getting up and moving on into whatever you wanna do . . . without looking in the mirror or doing anything about it count??

THANKS FOR THE LAUGHS!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  7:03:59 PM  Show Profile
You bet ya CeeJay, Where does say you have to wear make-up, do your hair, and wear something other than your sweats are requirements to spend the entire day doing crafts. Getting up and getting right at what I want to do is the way to go!!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  7:13:14 PM  Show Profile
I second that! And while we're at it....why don't we just remove those darned 'ole mirrors from the house....completely! There! There's some "Spunk'n Sass" for ya! lolol Who needs 'em right?/!

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Spunky Old Broads . Virtual "Spring-Fling"- TODAY! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page