Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Spunky Old Broads . Virtual "Spring-Fling"- TODAY!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Spunky Old Broads . Virtual "Spring-Fling"- TODAY! Next Topic
Page: of 11

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  11:11:10 AM  Show Profile
Wow! I won't be sneaking up on you any time soon! hahaha Say...what does that sign behind you,on the wall say? I can't make it out.

Sister-chick# 905(Oct.7th2009)
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  1:26:39 PM  Show Profile
That sign behind me has an Irish blessing on it that I recited at my wedding reception. It says: "May those that love us, love us and those that don't, may God turn their hearts. If he can't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."

Why not go out on a limb, that's where all the fruit is! "Mark Twain"
http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  1:31:07 PM  Show Profile
Diane I've loved you grilfriend all along, but for sure now I will.hahahaha

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  3:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Great Quote! I love it!! The Irish do have some good sayings don't they??? I'll have to save that one!! lol

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2010 :  5:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Love that Irish saying . . .and many others that they have!!

Diane, my hubby wants me to tell you that he appreciates that you "shoot and ride"!!! He is a gun lover!!! I won't go into how many he owns!!! We don't own cycles . . but before we had children we talked about matching Suzuki road machines . . .never happened.
But, we dated on a Honda 90!! Borrowed from his college roommate . . back in the 60s . . .when teased beehive hairdos were in. I looked a sight when we got back to the dorm!!!! :)
Goodness!!

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  06:18:31 AM  Show Profile
CeeJay and farmgirls, I didn't mean to scare anyone with that pic. My husband's idea. He posted it on his facebook page and called it his new home defense system! I just started shooting last year. I am going to do a little hunting with Hubby this year. I learned to shoot with a 22 and went to an Appleseed shoot with my DH. I am going to post a thread about the Appleseed instruction which is part of the Revolutionary War Veterans Association, RWVA. They teach you marksmanship and Revolutionary War History. It is awesome and women and current military members are free.

Also, CeeJay, I can just picture your beehive in a tizzy from riding on that motorcycle! Needless to say, on our path to becoming more self-sufficient, we sold three of our motorcycles...both of mine and one of DH's. I will miss the back road rides we used to take in the beautiful state of Wisconsin. You do what you gotta do. I will be really busy this spring and summer doubling my garden though.

farmgirl sister #922

Edited by - Fiddlehead Farm on Mar 14 2010 06:23:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

knitnpurlgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Georgina
Cammack Village Arkansas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  09:24:34 AM  Show Profile
LOVE the picture Diane. And the quote is one that I will put in my journal that I just keep quotes in. Thank you so much for your time and effort in this HUGE project. You are awesome!!! Georgina

Secret of Happiness: "Be satisfied." "Be grateful." "For what you have. For the love you receive. And for what God has given you."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  10:17:54 AM  Show Profile
I love your Signature, Georgina!Very nice and very true!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 14 2010 10:22:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  11:19:58 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Diane,
Oh, you didn't scare me!!

CJ

Edited by - ceejay48 on Mar 16 2010 11:07:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  3:17:45 PM  Show Profile
Ya, I think it would take a lot more than that to scare a "Farmgal!" At least I hope so! lol BIG hugs Diane!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  3:19:42 PM  Show Profile
Completely fabulous Diane...I ain't skirred either
Hugs to you my fellow spunky!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  3:27:01 PM  Show Profile
I didn't think I could scare all you true blue farmgirls!

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2010 :  7:07:12 PM  Show Profile
I am just glad to know a really true blue spunky ole farmgirl! That says it all right there. And my hubby thinks so, too. Because he's a spunky old biker dude and he knows spunky when he sees it.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Mar 14 2010 7:08:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2010 :  08:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Hot lime crocs here! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days but love the T shirt idea, great job Diane! I want two larges, when the time comes. Can't wait to wear and strut my stuff in my hot lime crocs and new SOB T shirt!

A person will be just about as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abe Lincoln Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  06:12:58 AM  Show Profile
Hey Spunkies, just checking in to let you know that I am almost done with the t-shirt design. Sorry it's taking me so long but I had some orders for sun hats to fill and had to get my egg-cartons in the mail, and it's been warm here so cleaning up the garden a bit. Does anyone know if I can put MJF in the design? I was thinking about The S.O.B.'s of M.J.F. and under the big letters spelling out The Spunky Old Broads of Mary Jane's Farm. The T-shirt company is pretty reasonable on their prices. They also have a lightweight denim button down shirt. I still can't get prices until the design is totally finished due to the amount of colors I use in it. I will post more info shortly with pics. Then I will need a count of how many and sizes, etc...They will be pretty reasonable and depending on how many are ordered the price will go down. The one time charge for the screen print will be divided equally amongst the orders. I think the shipping will be low because you can squeeze a shirt into a mailing envelope. Just wanted to let you know what's going on. The goodies coming soon!

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  06:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Diane,
If you are interested in using MJF on the shirts, you will need to contact them at the Farm. You could call there or email Brian at brianogle@maryjanesfarm.org. You could also email Meg (Mary Janes daughter). Don't know her email specifically but if you go to the Mail Art - New for 2010 thread under swaps, you can click on her name and go from there.
I remember reading somewhere about the use of that but don't know the specifics.
And, I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN!!!
Thanks too for you warm welcome of my daughter to the Sisterhood!
She is excited and already planning what merit badges she is going to try to work for.
THANKS AGAIN, my Farmgirl Friend!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2010 :  5:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey my Spunky friends . . .

. . . haven't heard much about how you are spending your weekends!!
Our daughter was here from Arizona for a few days and we had a wonderful time!!!
BUT . . . I got smacked with a cold and have been dealing with sore throat, sinus congestion, runny nose . . . and all that junk!!!
HATE IT!!!
Hopefully it'll clear up sooner rather than later!!!

Anyway, hope you're all having some spunk-fun out there!!!
HAPPY SPRING!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  06:55:42 AM  Show Profile
Hey CeeJay. I am not feeling very spunky today. It's too cold. And wet. And just altoghter yucky. I just want to go hibernate today. I hope you have a great day. What's everyone else up to out there?

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  09:04:51 AM  Show Profile
I am still finalizing the t-shirt design. Got a little off track because I had to fill some orders for hats. Don't worry my fellow spunkies...coming soon. I am also waiting on Brian to let me know if I can use MJF on the design. Have a great week S.O.B.'s!!!!!

farmgirl sister #922
Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  10:02:33 AM  Show Profile
I've been lurking and reading. I finally got my calendar (that'll teach me to look around a little more, huh?). I got my first tattoo and my navel pierced when I turned 50. I want a Harley, but DH knows my gracefulness so well that he really is not into that idea so much. I would also be interested in a shirt if it comes to life. I have so much fun reading some of these posts. Thanks ladies!

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  10:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Hi, ladies, been so busy I haven't had a chance to get back here. Yucky weather here too. Can't plan anything, if you do it either snows or a torrent of rain comes down. Thanks again, Kris for the fun froggie tote to go with my Hot lime crocs. PICTURE COMING SOON! Need to find someone to take it! :D

A person will be just about as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abe Lincoln Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13620 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13620 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  4:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Hey my Spunky Friend!!!!

How's is shakin' out there for you gals??
I'm off work today and tomorrow

Got our high speed DSL working properly last week . . .after, well, I won't tell you how long

Bought a laptop last week when my daughter was visiting and we went shopping . . .

Got my wireless router hooked up so I can play on my new toy (yea, I'm going give her a name, just not sure what yet . . . )
wherever I want to in the house and not tell my hubby to get off the computer.

Took my sweet pooch, Bramble, on a long "wog" today and wore my usual VERY UNFASHIONABLE walking attire. My neighbors are used to me . . .and love me anyway!!!

Now I'm trying to get digital camera card reader installed, but, alas, I think it's not going to work with this setup.

ANYWAY, haven't heard any latest shenanigans . . . now I know ya' gotta be up to something SPUNKY!!!
CJ

Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  5:12:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey CJ, your very own laptop with DSL??!!!! Whoohooo!!!
It has been pretty quiet here hasn't it? I think we are busy getting ready for spring...flowers, gardens, and for me my very first flock of chickens!!!
I'm looking for a bright yellow pair of wellies to wear out in the yard, have the crocs, now I just need the boots, lol!
Getting ready for some target shooting this weekend, have to practice up to protect my hens, you know!
And, just waiting excitedly for Diane to give us the thumbs up for our t-shirts!
I'll have to think of something else spunky to do this weekend. ;)

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  6:49:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls, we've all been kind of idle the last few weeks. Time to get some spunkyness started! There's no snow anymore, guess I could go our and roll around in the mud. We have plenty of that. I am so ready for the nice warm weather. We did have snow over the weekend but it's gone now. Can't wait to see what Diane has come up with for our shirts. Well check in later.
Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2010 :  7:00:15 PM  Show Profile
"Mud-Angels"...hmmmmm....doesn't have the same~zing~ does it? I did wear my flowered mud boots outside to work in garden the other day....That's pretty "Spunky" I think. Got 'em for my Birthday in the "dead of winter" about 5 yrs ago. I love 'em!

Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Spunky Old Broads . Virtual "Spring-Fling"- TODAY! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page