KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  07:03:06 AM  Show Profile
We didn't get snow yesterday, we should get 1-4 inches today!!! I bet it is coming down there as we speak. That silly Kansas! She should know better than to even open a window this time of year!! HAHA! It is amazing what goes through the mind of a 6 year old! We had to cancell our trip to Callaway Gardens for this weekend due to the weather, I am bummed, we rescheduled for spring break, which in reality is a better time of year to go down there especially since we were bringing our bikes. Well, I need to get finished getting ready to head over to the school, Abby's class is having a Valentine's party today.
Talk to you soon : )
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  10:51:15 AM  Show Profile
1-4 inches sounds so funny to me as that is nothing and we just keep on going. When they talk 12 or more inches we think about staying home, maybe.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  11:31:28 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, school here let out at 11:30 again today. There was nothing happening then. We went to Ft. O. and I could see a few flakes coming down. Then had to go up Lookout Mt. to get the other 2 grands. They go to Dade Co. and they let out at noon. Got up there at 1 and all the way up it's snowing and sticking to the roads. And those are nothing but curvy windy roads up there. It was covered by the time we got back down. And we have about an inch so far here. The 2 older kids are outside on the trampoline. I just REfed the goats, cats, dogs and chickens. My black calf is now a white calf. And it's COLD out there. And we ran out of propane last night, too. But we have central heat. I just hope power doesn't go off.

Rae, I talked to my mom who lives near Savannah, Ga. and she said they are supposed to get 2-4" tonight. Even Fla. I wish this was in Mn.

And WHY do the schools have Valentines parties and give kids bags of candy like it's Halloween? Good grief! That is so ridiculous. Kids are bouncing off the walls already.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

farm~maid
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Christine
IN
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  2:51:02 PM  Show Profile
Kris, hope the weather has improved for you. Is the mud freezing? The snow has moved on and it's just COLD here. But, the bright spot of the day was that the sun was shining all day. We haven't seen much of the sun.

About that mud.......I like to refer to it as mud. But, sometimes I have to correct my DH that we all now it's really just poop! At least that's what it seems to be when it gets that deep and all the cows are in one area. Not a pleasant thing. Thank heaven for knee high waterproof boots.

We tossed around the idea of concrete pads, but I'm hesitant as I don't like seeing concrete anymore than I have to. But, it's been terribly muddy this past year and we might have to resort to something. I know it would be better for the animals.

My grandson's school did Halloween parties, but nothing for Valentine's Day. I'd rather see them celebrate Valentine's Day. They did make hats and traded cards today.

Christine
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  07:30:12 AM  Show Profile
THe snow seem to be melting this morning, we got about 2 inches, the sun is shining and it just glistens off the snow, it is so pretty and bright! Sunshine makes me happy! Abby had a Valentine's party too, and she got lots of candy and cards, not to mention all the sweets at the party. Sugar doesn't seem to effect her unless it is at night. Anyway, i hope dry weather is to come, My poor horses feet are so caked with mud, I feel the need to wash them, but whats the point?
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2010 :  08:32:25 AM  Show Profile
It's a beautiful day here. Sun's shining and the sky is blue. The critters seem happy to be in the sun for a change. The roofs are just dripping with the melting snow. I have buckets trying to catch all that free water! My mom called last night and said they were getting snow. They are 50 miles north of Savannah.

Christine, I know what you mean. I do believe it's poopy mud, too. I know that's what I'm walking in at the calf stall. Nasty. So I have been washing my boots off when I come in. And where I have the water trough for my cows is in knee deep mud. Poor girls hate to go there. So I try to keep a 5 gallon bucket moved around for them.

And Kansas' teacher even gave cards to the kids with those packs of flavored sugar and the sugar sticks. I can't believe she would do that. Her who always sends notes home saying Kansas won't sit still, she's bouncing off the walls. And gives her packs of pure sugar! Please! That's crazy.

I know we will have nice weather one day. But we are supposed to get more snow Sun. or Mon. So don't start washing horse feet yet, Kelly! I need to trim goat feet but don't want to touch them right now.

I do like the frozen ground better to walk on. I get things done much faster. But do prefer dry ground.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I am Tired,Ya'll Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page