Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 Hate to brag but sunny and 60 in Washington
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Hate to brag but sunny and 60 in Washington Next Topic  

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  10:52:59 AM  Show Profile
Boy, I was feeling for all the farmgirls buried under snow today while I was out in the garden, putting in dutch iris bulbs. Sunny, sixty and mild as spring. This is so unusual for Western Washington in early February.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  11:44:24 AM  Show Profile
ugh...jealous! It's snowing to beat the band here :( Yay for you though! Enjoy :)

Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  2:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Happy for you, Kimberly. It's still pretty cold here in the bluegrass state, but today was mild enough for a walk to a thrift store. Enjoy your beautiful day to the fullest. :)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  2:52:25 PM  Show Profile
Send it here, send it here!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  7:38:05 PM  Show Profile
I think Miss Mother Nature is all turned around here. We usually don't get really bad winters here. ANd I always thought Wash. was wet all the time. Totally not right.

But I am glad you had a nice day. I am just super jealous, though. My gardens are in a foot of mud right now. And having 2 cows and 4 goats walking in it doesn't help at all.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  07:53:33 AM  Show Profile
Enjoy! Up here in the Forgotten Corner we have be above normal temperatures and I love it. I think Spring is nearby. Our local paper has a contest for small children to see who will bring in the first wild buttercup. One year it was found at the end of January--I think it will be found early this year. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  11:02:15 AM  Show Profile
you are a lucky, lucky girl! Despite all our freezing weather this year, I saw a dandylion in bloom today. They survive anything.

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  9:53:22 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly~~~you lucky girl.....I live on the "other side of the mtns." and we haven't had much sun at all lately, OR, nothing even close to 60, maybe 47-48 degrees. I did notice on the way into work the wheat fields are showing just a hint of green here and there, and this morning I saw my first red winged blackbird, I always think that's a sign!! Enjoy the weather and enjoy that mtn. for me!!! I'm originally and "Enumclaw Girl" and surely do miss Mt. Rainier!!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Hate to brag but sunny and 60 in Washington Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page