Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Thank you, Mary Jane Butters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Thank you, Mary Jane Butters Next Topic  

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  05:43:33 AM  Show Profile
I have been feeling really down in the dumps lately, and right now there is a real 'load' on my shoulders, and I'm not real sure where to turn or how to fix it. I'm also feeling less than my best. This morning, I finally got my latest issue of Mary Jane's Farm back from a friend, who wanted to read the article about the virtual porch. As usual, I began at the front cover, but got no further than Mary Jane's letter. She must have been thinking about me when she wrote the third paragraph, even though she doesn't have a clue who I am. I am a new knitter, and want to knit scarves for the homeless. Uh, unfortunately, even the most desperate wouldn't want to wear my beginning attempts. And I look around my house and wonder why I can't be that 'super' housekeeper that I keep reading about in some of my books and magazines. And my dinners? Oh, please. How mundane! But now, because of Mary Jane's wisdom and understanding, I feel so much better, just because I do try. Because I'm at least willing to learn something new. And because I'm brave enough to stretch my wings, even though I know I may lose half of my feathers before I crash. Thank goodness for super glue! I'll just pick myself up, dust myself off, glue those feathers back in place, take a little faster running start and try again. Thanks, Mary Jane. I needed that today. Now, if you'll just come to Paradise and help me figure out how to get dh motivated to finish the shop so I can have my front porch back - then I KNOW I can make some progress, at least with my weaving and art studio!

from the hearts of paradise...

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  07:26:54 AM  Show Profile
*hugs* Julie, I admire you for trying new things and giving your best! That's something to be proud of! And not only are you doing it to learn a new craft, but you're doing it so you can give to the homeless and that is very admirable too! You will get it. Practice makes perfect. Do you have a local yarn shop that you can go to and get involved in a knitting circle/group? That is usually very helpful for beginning knitters. For me, all I have to do is hang out on knittinghelp.com. I learned everything I know from there. I've only been knitting two and a half years and consider myself a fairly advanced knitter now. I can knit pretty much any pattern. But it does help that I can get together with other knitters and give and receive help in an environment where, no matter what level you're at, everyone is still learning together.

So glad MJ inspired you! That's what it's all about. At least for me. I look forward to every new magazine because each time it inspires me in a new way! In fact, every day when I read the new posts on here, I am inspired all over again because of the talent and hard work and generosity that every woman here gives. I have learned more on here in the last month than I ever would have learned without such an inspiring group.

Hope you get your front porch back soon. My DH needs a shop too. Then maybe I will get my kitchen counters back LOL! I don't know why he has chosen that as the place where he lays all his tools ALL THE TIME!!!

Siobhan, wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  07:33:06 AM  Show Profile
*hugs* I, too, admire your spirit and thank you for the virtual porch thread. MaryJane seems to always have the right words to inspire =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  07:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'm so pround of you my dear pen pal!! Believe me everyone would like to be super women and always have the house clean, always be on top of things, be able to do everything, etc. But there are very few super women in the world. So stick to your guns girl and be who you are!! Your doing great dear!! Keep it up!!! I'm always here for you remember!!!! You can always write or e-mail me when your in the dumps and need a little of my silly addvice. :)
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  08:42:47 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, ladies. Y'all are truly my strength and inspiration. Siobhan, I WILL be visiting that website, today if possible! Annika, you are welcome for the virtual porch thread (Alee gets a lot of the credit for that!), and you are welcome to a rocker any time you want it! Channah, I will SO be looking forward to getting your advice, girl! You are the greatest!

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  09:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  09:11:00 AM  Show Profile
Julie my goodness you are a very talented and creative woman, plus being my penpal

As far a tidiness around the home if people are coming to see that at my place they may as well stay home and not waste their gas!!! If you are coming to see me come on over!!!

Meals well what we can afford is what we eat or have time to make. Somedays I would like to be that super woman but then realize that I really wouldn't be me

Hang in there spring will be here soon !!!!
Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  10:08:31 AM  Show Profile
I am a mental health profeesional and I can tell you that if a woman does have it all together she could be hiding some type of disorder or could be running from something within herself. I use to have it all together pretty well and one day I crashed like a 747 that missed the runway. If you have the ability to continue to try to better a situation and have transparency in your life you are healthier than you think!! And has Rae said, "Hang in there spring will be hare soon!!!

I am putting that on my fridge!!

Michelle

It's all good!
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  10:41:03 AM  Show Profile
Michelle - I'm an office manager for two mental health professionals -- you'd think I would know that! I guess it's just the stress of the other situation that is bogging me down. But that, too, I can overcome. I think. Rae, you are such a wonderful woman. You're right. Spring is on her way. Wanna come to Paradise and play? At least I know you'll just step over the mess, and probably be one of the first to the table, regardless of what's cooking on the stove! I just love you, girl!!!!!! I owe you a letter, and I promise, you'll get it, soon.

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  12:04:08 PM  Show Profile
Julie...what you need to do is go out on your virtual porch and sit a spell and take a moment or two to just sit and breathe!

You are a strong, kind, and generous woman.

It's going to be alright, but you know that don't you girl? We are all here for you. Take care dear friend!

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert
Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  5:50:52 PM  Show Profile
Julie - hang in there!! And if you do figure out how to get your DH motivated would you let me know, I'm stumped on that one too:D
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  6:32:48 PM  Show Profile
Julie - we are all together in this.....you got us girl. Life is always a struggle, and love of friends and family make it easier to get through. Think of us as holding your hand.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  8:37:08 PM  Show Profile