Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Blended pizza-one slice or two?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Blended pizza-one slice or two? Next Topic  

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  5:37:53 PM  Show Profile

I had several teeth extracted this afternoon and it is now 7:32 and my face still feels like a frozen pot roast---and I am hungry!!

I will have to be on soft foods for at least a week. I plan on dragging out the still new in the box blender I bought Bruce 2 Christmas's ago and maybe order a really large pizza?---blended pizza?...sounds appetizing doesn't it? Is that possible?

I need some ideas girls for a soft diet regime. Talk to me ladies.

Woe is me...

"The best mirror is an old friend."
- George Herbert
Melody
Farmgirl #525

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  5:40:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh Melody I'm so sorry. I must say that blended pizza does not sound good at all. :) I guess it will be smoothies for you huh???
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  5:44:04 PM  Show Profile
Channa....I am miserable. I had to fast 8-hours prior to surgery at 1:00 and since then I have consumed 2 puddings (chocolate) and a rather large bowl of instant oatmeal....Ugggggh.

Smoothies though! I never thought of that!
Thanks for the idea!!

- George Herbert
Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  5:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh I bet!! My sister once had to have a few teeth pulled to make more room in her mouth for the others to come in and she was going through the same thing as you were. So sorry you are going through this!!! Not fun!! Let me know if I can do anything for you!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  6:03:40 PM  Show Profile
If you start to get protein/fat cravings from not eating enough 'substance', you can make peanut butter/banana/chocolate smoothies, and put in big spoonfuls of peanut butter for some extra nutrition. :)

Or any soup/stew would be good blended...

Been there...had ALL my wisdom teeth out at the same time, and I couldn't eat anything solid for days... not fun! Hope you heal quickly. :)

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
I'm engaged! Follow my wedding planning and sentimental musings at:
www.justinandjodiforever.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  6:05:35 PM  Show Profile
I imagine if you wanted to try the pizza thing............ maybe blend it up with some milk for moisture??? But seriously, unless you're REALLY craving that.....

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
I'm engaged! Follow my wedding planning and sentimental musings at:
www.justinandjodiforever.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  6:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Jodi---I just checked out your etsy site----Adore the little pin-cushion!!

Naw....I am officially over my pizza craving---had some more oatmeal--

I like the idea about the peanut butter smoothies, now if I could just locate that darn blender!

Melody
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  9:03:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
i would say some yougurt, or when my BF got some teeth out a few weeks ago, he wanted cereal very bad, well he couldnt chew, so he let it get mushy and then he was able to eat it. Also, one thing i did, when i got my wisdom teeth out was eat alot of fruit. Because that was something i was able to eat that with my front teeth. You may look funny chewing, hehe ;) but it will be so worth it!

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/

Check out my ETSY store too! I'm loving it!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Claudiascraftshop
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  9:10:48 PM  Show Profile
Claudia----LOL Gosh I even snorted!

Thanks for the tip, you are too funny...
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  05:05:46 AM  Show Profile
Melody - don't forget the old standby - mashed potatoes. Whip 'em up and you can add cheese, or extra spices or whatever sounds good on your baked potato.Don't forget applesauce, and get your dh or one of your kids to go get you a milkshake. And if things get too bad, call me and I'll ship you our blender -- we rarely use it, just bring it home with you when you come in October!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  05:36:46 AM  Show Profile
Julie....found the blender with Elli's help last night---my basement is an absolute horror!

That is so funny that you mentioned mashed potatoes---DH braved the arctic air last night at 9:30 to make a mad dash to Perkins for some mashed potatoes and gravy----Oh my goodness---BLISS girlfriend!

- George Herbert
Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  07:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
How are you doing today dear Melody?? I hope you are feeling a little better dear. :)
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  08:41:42 AM  Show Profile
Channah....much, much better thank you very much!

Even made myself some scrambled eggs this morning...never thought something could taste so good!

Mel
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  09:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Oh I'm so glad!!!!
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

KayB
True Blue Farmgirl

540 Posts

Kay
Del City Oklahoma
USA
540 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  3:06:14 PM  Show Profile
I know this sounds weird, but I had to have my jaw wired shut for 12 weeks after surgery and I ended up eating my 5-month-old daughter's baby food. The blueberry buckle was pretty darned good. But I also took just about every fruit or vegetable and cooked it really good and then put it through the blender. And What-A-Burger chocolate milk shakes! They still use real ice cream.

Hope you get to feeling bettery. My wisdom teeth were removed 1, 1 and then the last 2 together, so I can't begin to imagine how you feel.

KayB

Life's a dance you learn as you go
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3324 Posts

Melody
USA
3324 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2010 :  3:27:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Kay...12 weeks? I am officially going to stop moaning right now!

I raised 5 kids and your post brought back many dear memories! I can still smell those darn old baby peas courtesy of Gerber...I'll have to give the blueberry buckle a try though! My babies loved the fruits especially the bananas and apricots!

Are you serious What-a-Burger milk shake??? Gotta stop.... my mouth is watering!

Thank you for your post Kay; I am feeling a lot better.

- George Herbert
Melody
Farmgirl #525
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Blended pizza-one slice or two? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page