Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Burnese Mountain Dog in need
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Burnese Mountain Dog in need Next Topic  

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  08:01:05 AM  Show Profile
This dog is in the next county north of me. I am set up as a rescue in that county and can pull him. I don't think I can foster him - my mother would kill me.

If anyone wants more info please email me. I have photos, can go temp test him, am a transport coordinator. It kills me to see a Swissy in the shelter - they're amazing dogs and if I were in my own place vs living at home this guy would be coming home to me. There is a small pull fee that includes neutering and basic vaccines, or I can get that waived if you'll do it on your end.

My email is stefffic at gmail dot com - this guy is beautiful! There are other dogs in this shelter that will be gassed if not rescued, if you want more info on them or Gaston County dogs let me know. I've kind of, sort of retired from doing much since I can't foster, but... This guy touched my heart (and I don't say that about dogs, I'm a cat rescue!)

Here's his info -
I am 1-82 and a Bernese Mountain dog mix about 2 years old. I am a very good boy that just wants to make it to safety and not die in the Gas Chamber. I weigh 62 pounds and am a solid guy..I also am super friendly..I wish I could ask you to look in my eyes but I have dark hair around them ;). Please save me from being thrown in the Gas Chamber. I will love you forever!

"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself."
"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries." A A Milne

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  11:27:46 AM  Show Profile
Good luck, I wish I was closer and could take him, they are wonderful dogs. Are there any Bernie breederss in the area who might be able to help?

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  11:52:43 AM  Show Profile
Nope, no breeders around.

I've got a foster and we can certainly get him transported to MO. That's *no* problem. ;)

"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself."
"One of the advantages of being disorganized is that one is always having surprising discoveries." A A Milne
Go to Top of Page

Sarahpauline
True Blue Farmgirl

672 Posts

sarah
Ringgold GA
USA
672 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  12:46:08 PM  Show Profile
We have three rescued dogs, I detest to see innocent dogs being put to death. I will do anything I can to help. I could possible help foster this or any other dog. We have a fenced yard etc.

Oh Mr Darcy!

www.SarahPauline.com
www.AbraxasBaroque.com
Go to Top of Page

stefffic
True Blue Farmgirl

151 Posts

Stephanie
Cherryville NC
USA
151 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  7:51:06 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Sarah Pauline - I'm working on a home or rescue for this guy, had tons of emails. Thank you guys for spreading this through Facebook. You guys and the other board I'm on - the Ultimate Dressage Bulletin Board - rock and this guy has generated about 100 emails for me tonight.

Here's to hoping he gets out.

Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  07:35:25 AM  Show Profile
Have you found him a home? Please keep us updated. Do they have any pictures of him?

Thanks
Sarita

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com

Contentment is the crown jewel of a happy life.
Go to Top of Page

southerncrossgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

631 Posts

Gena
Harmony NC
USA
631 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  11:50:26 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie, I am glad you are getting a good response. I would have only taken him for a short while as a foster. My husband wouldn't be happy with me though.
Both our dogs weigh over 100lbs!

"A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes"==Cinderella
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Burnese Mountain Dog in need Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page