creativecattle
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Crystal
Saint Joseph MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  4:28:32 PM  Show Profile
It is really important that farmers tell our story to consumers and urban people - just like this young lady has. We really do care about our land and livestock despite what HSUS and PETA would like you to believe. Agriculture products are key to a healthy and balanced diet. I would encourage all of you to take the time to tell your story. And if you are a consumer feel free to ask farmers questions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZpzdgnGzuM

Tell your story. www.youtube.com/apicreativemedia

sewsweet
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Carol

Canada
172 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  6:02:29 PM  Show Profile
Awesome video. Jill Harvie's ranch is just a bit south of where I grew up. I miss that big blue Alberta sky....I just love it. I am from cattle country and I know that how much care and attention farmers give to their livestock.
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  05:55:49 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Crystal! We raise a small herd of beef cattle, and I can truly appreciate what Jill is saying. I know there are people out there who want others to believe that we sorely mistreat our animals, but you can ask anyone around: our cattle are spoiled rotten babies, treated exceptionally well, and fed carefully, according to their dietary needs, and given treats of Range Cubes on a daily, but not excess basis! Sorry, PETA, we just aren't as bad as y'all have us made out to be.

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

chaddsgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

843 Posts

Sarah
Farmgirl Sisterhood #639 MO
USA
843 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  07:15:48 AM  Show Profile
Amen!! And thanks so much for posting this! We have a sizeable herd (1,500 - 2,000 usually). I have seen my husband strip to the waist in 15 degree weather to pull a calf, wade out into the middle of a semi-frozen pond to retrieve a group of heifers that got stuck out there, and I've actually seen the man smile at the bucking calves in the spring. We MUST be mindful of the health and well being of our land and animals. It's our BUSINESS!!! Being carniverous does not equate to being abusive toward animals. Thank you for spreading the message girls!

A person is a success if they get up in the morning and get to bed at night and in between does what they want to do. Bob Dylan

Deeperrootsfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

creativecattle
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Crystal
Saint Joseph MO
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  08:32:16 AM  Show Profile
We are work really hard to take care of the land and livestock. I think what we need to start doing is sending these kinds of videos to our kids' teachers, our banker and our city cousins so they can also see what we put into our livelihoods so they can have food and clothing. Feel free to pass this link onto anyone.

Tell your story. www.youtube.com/apicreativemedia
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic We want consumers to know Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page