Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Do you think this is crazy?? A bit long
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Do you think this is crazy?? A bit long Next Topic  

Lorie Marler
True Blue Farmgirl

265 Posts

Lorie
Guymon Ok
USA
265 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  07:31:37 AM  Show Profile
Last June I was at a rabbit show and a saw the most pitiful Jersey Wooly rabbit you could ever see. He was a tiny blue buck with absolutely no hair on his back and big red sores. His owner had originally bought him from a friend of mine as a youngster and did not brush him so when he got matted up she plucked all his hair out and brought him to the rabbit show to sell him back to my friend 2 years later. My friend bought him for whatever the lady wanted just to get him away from her and brought him to me across the building. Of course I scooped him up immediately, paid for him, and went and got antibiotic cream for his sores. Needless to say he was doctored and babied and he did grow all his hair back and put on weight. He even went on to win Best Opposite Sex at the Kansas Rabbit Breeders State Convention last summer with Denim my sons show doe. He healed up but was still very shy and always squated down when people were near him. We called him naked bunny because he was naked when we found him, but his name was Edward. My friend pursued the rabbit abuse and the rabbit club and ARBA got into it with the mean lady that hurt him I just wanted to take care of him and didn't get into the legal stuff. Well unfortunately last Oct naked bunny was attacked by a dog and killed. We had a funeral for him and everything since the kids really loved him.

Well I had the craziest dream a few nights ago. I dreamed that I went into the grooming shop in the morning to check on the babies and realized I didn't leave the heater on and it was ice cold in there. I rushed over to the new babies afraid they would be dead and this ugly pink naked fairy/rabbit thing looked up at me from curled around the baby rabbits as if to say he was keeping them warm and everything was ok. Kind of creepy.

Well I woke up and immediately ran out to the shop and guess what! I had forgotten to turn the heater on and it was very cold but the babies were ok.

I like to think naked bunny is watching over the babies. And he is doing a great job.

Edited by - Lorie Marler on Jan 24 2010 07:41:16 AM

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  08:00:16 AM  Show Profile
very cute story, us girls need to listen to those messages. we have that extra something. when i do listen to my inner self good things hsppen. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  08:55:54 AM  Show Profile
Sweet Naked Bunny!!

I don't think you're crazy at all Lorie!

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

Merry
True Blue Farmgirl

765 Posts

Merry
Ankeny Iowa
USA
765 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  12:20:26 PM  Show Profile
Your very own naked guardian bunny!

Merry
Farmgirl #536

http://iowafoodcoop.blogspot.com

http://afarminmyheart.blogspot.com/

Don't pray for a lighter load, pray for a stronger back.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  12:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am glad the babies are okay!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  05:18:28 AM  Show Profile
That is a great story. We do ned to listen to those messages. I have had very similar things happen. Now you know you have a guardian for your bunnies!

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

magnoliakathy
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Kathryn
Magnolia Texas
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  05:53:03 AM  Show Profile
Bless for taking Edward in and taking care of him. I believe some of our animals friends spirits hang around after passing, and keep us company, give us a nudge now and them and look out for our other animals becasue we looked out for them. Thanks for sharing.

When you free your mind your heart can fly. Farmgirl # 714,
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  07:19:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't think you are crazy. When I was 12 going on 13 I begged my parents for MONTHS for a dog. That was all I wanted for my birthday. They finally gave in and took me to look at two litters of puppies- both pure breds and super cute. There was this sweet little dalmation boy that really tugged at my heart strings but I told the lady that I would have to think about it. Then the next day we went to go look at this last litter that had been abandoned at some one's house. Only two puppies were left. Ones was red with white markings and she was whimpering and crying and I couldn't put her down the whole time. My mom was worried we were bringing home a dog that was going to be a whiner- well it turned out she was hungry and thirsty.

To make a long story short, Seanee was one of the best dogs we ever had. She was sweet and kind- willing to learn and a great companion. Smart as a whip too!

The week I came home for my wedding she was getting really sick. That first night she got up and greeted me but the next morning she couldn't walk and by that evening we had to put her to sleep. All the rest of the week I felt like she was right there with me where she normally walked with me at my heels. We had this one game where we would race down the hallway and then wrestle- I started to race down the hallway and turned around waiting for her to grab my wrist and wrestle with me- I could have sworn I heard her huge paws hitting the carpet and I could have sworn I felt her brush past me. I was so weird especially since I KNEW she had been put to sleep the night before. My mom said she still felt like Seanee was around too. It was sad but comforting at the same time.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  07:28:31 AM  Show Profile
What a beautiful sweet little bunny. How could that woman be so cruel.I'm so glad you took him and loved gim back to good health. Your dream was his way of letting you know he appreciated what you did for him. Making sure you could save your little babies.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Lorie Marler
True Blue Farmgirl

265 Posts

Lorie
Guymon Ok
USA
265 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2010 :  08:23:53 AM  Show Profile
I am glad you don't think I am crazy for thinking Naked Bunny is watching out for the babies. I am not sure if the lady was being cruel or just didn't know what she was doing but he healed up and as you can see in his winning photo actually grew the most gorgeous coat. I babied him and gave him treats hoping he wouldn't be so shy but he was scared of people except when you held him like a baby. then he would relax and let you love on him. Well I miss him and plan to plant something nice where I buried him.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Do you think this is crazy?? A bit long Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page