Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Best Homeschool Curriculum for Kindergarten?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Best Homeschool Curriculum for Kindergarten? Next Topic
Page: of 2

lovingewe
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

marlyn-neleh
norwood Ontario
Canada
212 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  4:34:38 PM  Show Profile
Yes that is enough interaction.
I have schooled five children at home. Ages 13-25 now. All got into University and beyond, no problems. It was the best experience of my life and my children are now telling me the same thing.

http://sweetlocuslane.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Singing Tree Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Cari
Chase Michigan
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  6:56:23 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunatly I did not start homeschooling my children until 2nd and 4th grade. I would look into
Heart of Dakota,
My Fathers World,
Wintrpromise,
Simply Charlotte Mason, and
Christian Light Education-Sonlight Edition. (I did use CLE for later grades.)
There is so much to choose from now, a lot depends on your goals and your children's learning styles. Mine are very hands on-lots of activies, crafts, etc.

All of creation sings Your praise!
Go to Top of Page

tawandasister
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Sadiemae
Wolcottville Indiana
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2010 :  7:01:30 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies!

I just wanted to encourage you moms out there homeschooling or thinking about it! My parents pulled me out in the 5th grade and I continued my education "homeschooled" my six other siblings were then homeschooled as they came along ! I LOVED it and did well adjusting (a common question!). I excelled in college - (though that may not be everyones goal) and now I am a stay at home mama to three little ones! 4, 3, 1.5....I am schooling them daily in the little things of life :) and we are using the weaver curriculum for preschool/kinder. I LOVE IT!!! Its so biblically based, hand-on and imaginative! What a blessing its been!

So don't be discouraged or afraid....you know your children best and can meet their needs :) I thank my mama - for seeing a need in our lives and being brave enough to step out! (Not many were homeschooling then!)

Blessings, Sadiemae

"Discontentment is not a product of circumstances; its the state of the soul"
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  9:13:49 PM  Show Profile
UPDATE!!! I finally chose a curriculum! It took me many many weeks, but I feel a total peace about the decision and I can't wait to get our new curriculum in the mail. I think it's going to be perfect for our son and our whole family. We chose the A to Z Kindergarten curriculum by My Father's World. It looks like exactly what we are looking for. It's infused all throughout with the Word of God and it's all-inclusive, so I don't have to buy a separate curriculum for math, reading, handwriting or science. It's all there. And it's very easy to prepare for, which I think is important for my first year homeschooling. The price point was really great too compared to some of the others that I looked at. I am anticipating a fantastic first year. Thanks to everyone for your advice and recommendations!!! I'm glad to see that this thread was helpful for others as well :)

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  3:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
YAY!! I am so glad you are homeschooling Siobhan! You will make a great homeschool mom!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  3:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Awe...thanks, Channah...you're so sweet! I can't wait to start, but then again I can't because I'm still far behind being prepared. I've got a lot to do!

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Siobhan - AKA Liza-Jane (my farmgirl name), wife to my best friend, Trent, and mommy to Camden (11/28/05) and Bennett (7/11/07). and Truman (7/28/09)
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2010 :  6:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
You'll do great Siobhan no matter what! :) Love ya!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

Heatherbugs
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Heather
North Granby CT
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  05:55:07 AM  Show Profile
We are so thankful that God led us down the homeschooling path. We are beginning to see the fruit of our labor in our two oldest boys. Learning at home gave them time to develop their musical gifts and helped build character in their hearts. Both Chris (14 yrs) and Dave (13 yrs) lead worship at their youth group once a week, with a real heart for helping their friends grow closer to the Lord. Homeschooling kept us from distractions and peer pressure, causing my boys to keep focused on what really matters, and now they serve as leaders within our local church and community.
Homeschooling seemed to be an overwhelming task when we started 7 years ago, and still does some days, but with God's help, taking it one day at a time, we are helping to raise up a generation of God-fearing, hard-working, passionate young men who already contribute much to the world around them.
So may the Lord bless your homeschools! It's hard work, but so worth it!

God's blessings,
Heather

Farmgirl sister # 1688

"Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls..." Jeremiah 6:16

Heather, married for 20 years to my best friend, Ray; mom to Chris (14), Dave (13), Ben (5), and our new baby girl Linnea (11 mos)

The Lord will fulfill His purpose in me; your love, O Lord, endures forever...
Psalm 138:8
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2010 :  09:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful story Heather!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

clothedinscarlet
True Blue Farmgirl

1333 Posts

Siobhan
Battle Creek MI
USA
1333 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2010 :  07:56:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the encouragement, Heather. It really means a lot to me.

Farmgirl Sister #1110
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Best Homeschool Curriculum for Kindergarten? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page