Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Trying to find my groove thang.....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Trying to find my groove thang..... Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  11:05:11 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
LOL.. at 47 I am not sure that it can be rediscovered, but it is worth a try. I joined a class at the local gym called ZUMBA, truly if you are looking for a fun dance workout this is it. It is a latin based aerobic workout and SOOOO much fun. I certainly dont have the "moves", but a girl can dream right?

Anyway, I was just wondering what excersise are you all doing?

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  8:38:29 PM  Show Profile
I haven't found my groove thang yet either. I can't dance, but I can do some yoga poses. It sounds like you're having a lot of fun. There is a type of yoga called "flow yoga" that is very active--someday I'd like to be able to do that. Like you said, we can dream....
cindy
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  9:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
One of the classes at the gym is "Body Flow" and it is so great...I couldnt move the day after.

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

Especially For You
True Blue Farmgirl

541 Posts

Tina
Watkinsville GA
541 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  05:05:53 AM  Show Profile
Get your groove thang, Get you groove thang yeh yeh, Oh great now I have that song stuck in my head. I am glad your having fun. When you have fun while excersing then you will stick with it. Santa brought myself and DH a WII fit for Christmas talk about not being able to move. It has been a riot!!

Blessings,
Tina
Go to Top of Page

LakeOntarioFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  05:50:16 AM  Show Profile
Rene-isn't Zumba soooo much fun?!!! The woman who teaches my grand daughters dance started it last summer. I was going with my oldest daughter for a while. DD is now pregnant- due in 3 weeks, so she had to stop going last month. I stopped too. :( But am looking forward to starting it again in the spring!
I am not a dancer, no, not by any stretch of the imagination, lol, but had so much fun! At my age, I am past caring what I look like out there, and was amazed that I cold actually keep up!
Have fun, it's great exercise!!

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

AsiyahK
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Asiyah
New Jersey
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  06:06:29 AM  Show Profile
Something about Latin music that makes you wanna dance. I've done Zumba before and it was a blast! I can't fit it into my schedule anymore but really enjoyed the class. Glad you're having fun with it!

Visit my blog at http://mypointohtwo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  06:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I am loving Zumba.... I hope to be able to bust a move when it is over.... OH. Tina.... we have WII for the kids but, I am really wanting to get the wii fit....It looks so great!

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  4:34:20 PM  Show Profile
EXERCISE!!!!!Accccckkkkk!!!! I thought I was just spose to sit here and "MaryJane" all day!!!She was my "BestMove!" lolololol I do love dance of any kind though for exercise! Create your own moves, just so long as you (Move)!! Right? ;-)

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  5:15:06 PM  Show Profile
At 47, I also need to find a new groove thang.....I used to love to fence and its now too painful because of a neck/back injury. My other love was aquacise....but I am off that right now too since I am in a flair up with my neck and it also hurts.
Go to Top of Page

lilwing
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Brooke
Fulshear Texas
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  6:02:57 PM  Show Profile  Send lilwing a Yahoo! Message
Wii fit is great, Rene! I have alot of health problems and it's easy on me but keeps me active! ~~ I have heard of Zumba! My friend does this and she invited me to come along but I haven't yet! I am not sure if I should... would this be good for people with joint and muscle problems?? Hmmmm.

~~~~
Proud Farmgirl #775

http://maggielousdaughter.blogspot.com
(in construction!)

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  10:44:03 AM  Show Profile
After years of exercising at home to videos and doing Pilates, I joined a gym. I love the weight bearing machines and was amazed how many pinches melted off so quickly. I never got these kind of results from exercising at home. I am switching gyms next month, going from a private one to the community center. The community center just opened and they have a indoor pool too. I can't wait to go swimming!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Trying to find my groove thang..... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page