Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Naughty Things You Did As A Child
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Naughty Things You Did As A Child Next Topic
Page: of 2

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  09:14:15 AM  Show Profile
I was talking the other day to someone about some of the things we did as kids. There were a bunch but let me tell you about one of them.

There was a bunch of us cousins at my aunt and uncles house on the farm. Most of us were rural kids but there were a couple from the "big city." One of the boys was going on and on about us country hicks. Well, we were out in the pasture and we "hicks" told him to pee on the electric fence. The boys told him that sparks would fly. The girls all turned their backs and then we heard this yelping sound. Yep, you guessed it, he did it.

Yes, we did get in trouble but it was worth it. He lived. Come to think of it, he never did have any kids. Hmmmmmm. Just kidding.

Anyone else want to share their "naughtiness"?

Patsy

I think that if a mortal ever heard the voice of God, it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. (F. Moore)

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  09:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Uh Oh! My mom is a member of this forum too... do you think the statute of limitations on childhood misdemeanors has expired? LOL

Lets see... We used to watch TV all day while my parents worked and then hurry up in the last 15 minutes before they got home to do our chores. We figured out that if you used a bristle brush on the stairs it looked like you had vaccuumed them so about 3 days out of 5 we would brush the stairs instead of vacuuming them because we could do it in about half the time.

I also used to read books until late into the night. My parents started catching on so when they came to tuck me in they would pull my blankets back to check for books in the bed. So I would hide a flashlight and book at the very foot of my bed and as soon as they were gone I would get out the book and flashlight.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  09:49:03 AM  Show Profile
When i was still pretty young, my Grandparents farm still had the old 2-holer behind the barn. We all had made the trip in the cars to visit, and of course everyone need to pee. I made to the outhouse first, did my thing , but noticed there was a big black rat snake up on the rafter above the door, instead of warning my Mama and her twin, my Aunt, came out and said, your turn. Needless to say, as soon as they went in and sat down, their were twin screams along with my name being said in conjuction with a switch off the willow tree cause I was laughing and running for my butts life. my g/pa saved me with the words, "you two were born and raised on this farm, since when do you scream about a rat snake"? My G/pa was the one who instilled in me NOT to kill non-poisnous snakes, cause without them, the cats could not keep up with the rodents on this or any farm.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  09:56:08 AM  Show Profile
LOL! don't get me started...I think the worst thing that I did a lot was, my mama was partially deaf, so I would mumble or just move my lips and not say anything, just to frustrate her...I really feel bad about it now...

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  12:54:46 PM  Show Profile
...I'm not tellin'
:-P

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  1:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
ahhhhh...Kerrieann...go ahead and tell it tell it!!!!

Linda in Scranton, PA

Why do brunettes know so many blonde jokes?
Because they have to do something on Saturday nights!
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  2:06:31 PM  Show Profile
...ummm.... well, okay.. but it'll have to wait as I am getting ready to go out for dinner... so, afterwards I will, Linda!!!
Hahahaha

:-P

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  7:21:34 PM  Show Profile
My poor younger brother and I had the same initials. He was a brat and I was my daddy's princess so of course I would never be accused of indiscretions. When he would make me mad, I would get even. Once I poured laundry detergent from the box and made great big letters on the basement floor NLS, of course, my mother thought it was Neil Lloyd Seagraves who was the culprit. But it was me, Nancy Lynn Seagraves. I still feel guilty (sort of) for him being grounded. But he had broken my favorite bank and I was angry!!!

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  7:38:30 PM  Show Profile
... okie Dokes. My two cousins and I hung around each other a lot when we were younger, as if we were brother and sisters. Their Mom and my Mom are sisters and we all lived on the same track (street) by the lake. Well, Frankie was the only boy, Deanna and I got annoyed with him following us around.. I mean we wanna do girl thing and a boy.. yuck! On this particular day... we played a trick on Frankie and played a game of Cowboy and Indians. He was the cowboy that we captured and tied him to Grandpa's Flag pole. He went along with it and we told him that we'll get some lemon-ade ,then come back for him with some. Well... we lied. We took off to another cousin's home down the track (Grandma's Sister's home) and stayed there with Judy. I do not recall how much time has past but we heard the dinner bell ringing from Grandpa's home. Deanna and I ran home (Grandparent's) and we saw Frankie standin there with Grandpa. Frankie was very crossed with us and stood there with the biggest mean face and crossed arms. Grandpa took Deanna and I into his den and gave us a BIG talkin' to. I can't remember what the punishment was but I think it was that we were grounded from fishing because we all loved to go fishin with Grandpa. This was about 40 years ago!

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  8:13:33 PM  Show Profile
Well, when I was in grade school, we had a teacher we called Beetle Bailey. One day I was angry about something he'd done (can't recall it) and I wrote a short poem: Beetles are stupid/ Beetles are bad/ And sometimes they make people very mad. then I put it in his mailbox. Another time, I drew a caricature of a substitute teacher we had. Another girl showed it to her, and she took it home and told me the next day that her daughter had written "My mommy" under it and pinned it to her wall. I felt lower than a snake's belly. I now try to use my creativity in more positive ways.
cindy
Go to Top of Page

Kayce
True Blue Farmgirl

290 Posts

Kayce
Sebring FL
USA
290 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  07:18:52 AM  Show Profile
When I was real little I put toothpaste on the toilet seat. My mom still tells that story.

Drove my sister's car down the street...I was 13. I was so nervous I was sweatin bullets to make sure the wheels were in the exact spot.

Oh, in first grade I skipped school. It was only a block down the road. I told my mom when she got home.

~Kayce~
Learning to appreciate having a glass..not half full or empty..just thankful for a glass :)

Check out PenPals for FarmKids http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38599
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  07:35:45 AM  Show Profile
When I was a kid, I was a "latch-key" kid, which left a lot of time for imagination, but also some trouble :) This is long, but bear with me...

The summer I was 10, I was very interested in the Little House books, and everyday, I dressed up in my Victorian and Edwardian lawn dresses I'd been given from my Great Grandmother's hope chest, and walked around the yard playing tea party or in the creek being chased by Indians, or trying to find a "lost cow" or something like that. My friend Cathy was home that summer--she usually went to Texas to stay with her father, so she became an (unwilling?)participant in my daily investigations, plays, etc...

There was a 2 story log structure about a mile and half up the road from us--you could sortof see it sitting way back off the road, separated by a large field for cattle. Because (I was 10) and because the log structure was the only leftover from the 1860 settlement of our little area, I determined that it was abandoned. It just had to be.

On a Wednesday, I dressed myself and Cathy up in my two of my best lawn dresses, stockings and boots--she didn't have any high button boots like I did, so her hiking boots would have to do--and we took a picnic hamper with egg salad sandwiches, apples and a wedge of cheese (but no knife, so we just nibbled on it like mice) and went to the park nearby. We spread out one of my mother's best quilts on the muddy ground beneath some trees and I read aloud (much to Cathy's chagrin) Walt Whitman poems from "101 Sonnets and Poems" another relic from my Great Grandmother's chest. When lunch was over, we walked across the busy road to the cow pasture that loomed large in front of the "abandoned" log house.

We jumped over the fence.
We stomped our way across the field, passing cows, while I chatted on about how lovely it would be "to get home, to the cabin since we'd been on horseback for so long, and so far away in Missouri!"
Cathy silently plodded along behind me.

We slid down on our stomachs under the electric fence. "Yep, this house is abandoned!" I thought, as I saw, amazed, the red gingham curtains still hanging in the windows. "They left those hanging all those years!!!"

My aim was to first explore the outbuildings, and then to go into the cabin structure itself. Things I expected to find in the smokehouse: old bottles, silver spoons, old newspapers depicting train robberies and adventure. What I actually found? Old Playboy mags from 1970-1985. Plastic margarine bowls, rusty tools. While I was sorely disappointed, I still told Cathy it was a "time capsule" and failed to notice the pickup truck driving up the long gravel path to the house. But Cathy saw it. She kept tugging on me sleeve. "We need to leave. We need to go". I was determined to find some existence of the OLD family treasures...and so I kept digging. Until I heard the crunch of gravel under the tires outside the drive, and out the window on the back side of the smoke house we went, both diving, army crawling now, shimmying back under the electric fence and RUNNING. FAST, through the pasture. I can still hear the wind in my ears...until....Cathy yelped. "help!!!" and I looked back. I had cleared what appeared to be a smallish muddy hole, by jumping clean over it. Cathy apparently thought the surface was solid...it wasn't. It was a cow mire. She was up to her waste on one leg!

Frustrated that we'd be caught (and um, how could we not be?) I muttered something under my breath and pulled her out--but the suction sucked off her boot and, with her leg, completely, um....muddy, all the way up to her crotch, she started crying. I grabbed her hand and we ran all the way to the other side of of the fence. Walked the backway home, lest we should be seen, and I hosed her down in the backyard. Poor Cathy. What a good friend!

Still to this day, it was the best adventure I've been on, minus the Playboys

Musings from our family in the Bluegrass http://sweetvioletmae.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  3:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
I sent my mom an email to see what she had to say about my worst prank as a child but I think she is going to say it was when I stuck a penny down my brother's throat when he was 3 and I was 5. Naturally he was having trouble breathing and since he could not talk it was awhile before everyone figured it out. I am sure my parents were not happy about the money spent for the doctor bill. Of course, I was at an age where one would think I knew better but.....

A person will be just about as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abe Lincoln Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  7:54:37 PM  Show Profile
When we went to my Grandparents farm as kids, my sister and I would told our cousins that we could run into the hog pen and grab a piglets tail(it would squeal) and jump back out before mama pig would chase and catch us! hahahaha We did it successfully every time too. Mama hog was always in the shed until one of her babies squealed, so we had time to clear the fence.lol That was so much fun for us. We had to make sure our Parents or Grandparents didn't catch us too!

Sister-chick# 905
Judy
Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  11:30:29 PM  Show Profile
You all would get tired of reading if I listed even a portion of the naughty stuff I did as a kid. My personal favorite was when my city cousins came to visit. We would always talk them into playing "follow the leader". In their city nice clothes they would trudge after us through the creek banks(with stinging nettles we avoided and they didn't miss) and big wild blackberries hanging that stained their clothes too. Then we would lead them through the cow pasture and to our favorite haystack and tree forts...all with their inappropriate clothes on. Then we would have a little "rodeo" with the ponies my grandpa "Pappy" kept for us. We knew the tamest ones and the ones that would scrape you off on the fence every time. Guess which ones the city cousins got assigned to ride? I have to say, looking back now..they tried so hard to fit in with us little hoodlums and we never gave them credit..we laughed when they got scolded by their perfect mom for getting dirty and loved seeing them leave in their fancy car. I wish we would have been nicer. What is worst is that I was the oldest and the ring leader. gulp.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  10:00:04 AM  Show Profile
I was the perfect child, I got naughtier as I got older...lol

I was born and raised in Africa. In Africa, the Tokolosh, was terribly feared by the black servants. They would put their beds up on bricks. so that he couldn't eat them in their beds, while they slept. This gave me lots of fodder for teasing and pranks. The Tokolosh is very short and ugly and since I was short and could find lots of stuff to make me really ugly, I would wait until everyone was in bed, then knock on their doors and hide. As soon as they came looking, I would jump out and yell "Tokolosh". The poor people were so afraid of the creature that the maids would burst into tears.
My dad, was really mad when he found out and I got a really good hiding.

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  10:11:40 AM  Show Profile
LOL! Jenny I did the same thing to my 'new' step brother and sister when my mom remarried. I remember going right up to an old dairy cow that wasn't dehorned and telling my step sis to ride the "bull". She was petrified and I would climb right on top of that cow....hahaha
I once drunk my moms red wine and then proceded to 'lock' her out of the house. All at the tender age of 6..... I would coax my step sister to ride Brownie, our farm pony. Brownie hated to be tied up to anything. So I would tell sis that Brownie need rest and tie her up to a random plow etc etc....Brownie would start bucking and throw sis off. I'd laugh and she'd cry all the way to her daddy.

I also once told my step brother to pee on the electric fence cuz it "tickled". What a dummy! Hey, he fell for it. And I also told them that the best place to build a fort was in the old combine....the same place that the bees holed up in.

Needless to say, I really didn't like them much! lmbo!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~Let me take ya for a ride on my big green tractor~
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  10:18:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh these are things I've done as an adult....when I married my first husband, he had a little brother 18 years younger than him. When he turned 12 I duct taped him to the front porch, dressed him in girly clothes & makeup and made a sign that said "honk if you think I'm cute". I also, depants'd him and wrote I'm 12 on his buttocks with a big red permanant marker.

We were the family of pranks. We saran wrapped my my hisbands truck, toilet seats. Put plastic spiders in cereal bowls or made ice cubes with plastic ants... rubber snakes found homes under covers. Filling medicine cabinets with whipped cream, or loosening salt & pepper shakers....

I just realized I'm a terrible person!!!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  11:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
You are BAD! Shame on you Dawn, I am surprised your MIL and FIL kept you!!! lol

A person will be just about as happy as they make up their mind to be. Abe Lincoln Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com http://www.thevintagebaglady.etsy.com FG #377
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  4:34:20 PM  Show Profile
The nautiest thing I did was when I was about 6 and my sister was 3. I mixed a bit of handsoap in warm water and tricked her into drinking it. I wanted to see what would happen. Once my mom found out I didn't do that agan.

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  4:43:01 PM  Show Profile
Not the worst thing I did as a child, I'm sure, but it's the first thing to come to mind...when I was probably about 5 I tried to pierce my sister's ears with the pin on the back of a metal button. She's three years younger than me...so it was pretty easy to convince her it wouldn't hurt. Needless to say, when it DID start to hurt, baby sister went crying to mom...I got in trouble, and her ears escaped unscathed. :P

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

www.jodielyzabeth.blogspot.com
www.patternprincess.blogspot.com
www.jodieliza.etsy.com
I'm engaged! Follow my wedding planning and sentimental musings at:
www.justinandjodiforever.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  6:09:20 PM  Show Profile
LOL! I'm as ornery as they come! I like a big laugh at someones else's expense for sure! All in good fun! I've got more but they are bar times and I'm not sure I can post them here!
Karen, notice I said FIRST HUSBAND! Haha, my now hubby's family is worse if you can believe it. We are so rotten to eachother!

My hubby's grandma is 86 and still on top of her game. Sometimes we'll talk low so she has to ask "what?" Then we ask her like 20 questions in rapid succession, " OH GREAT GRAM'S LOST IT AGAIN! WHATS MY NAME GRAM? WHAT YEAR IS IT? HOW MANY FINGERS AM I HOLDING UP?" She'll roll her eyes at us and we always end up telling her its time for the old folks home!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  6:19:05 PM  Show Profile
Dawn, if you were my sister, you probally would not made to teen, let alone adulthood,lol. I woulda stuck you head first in an old well.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  9:18:10 PM  Show Profile
memories...

I took home the classroom pet for the weekend (see where I'm going). Monday morning, my classmates could tell it wasn't the same gerbil from Friday. I denied it. Years later my dad told me he and my teacher had a good laugh when he called to explain. She was hoping someone would just keep it or not replace it. That gerbil had multiple incarnations that year.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  08:08:13 AM  Show Profile
Not sure if it was naughty or stupid but a few of my friends skipped school and we went horse back riding around the school. They were going to supend us for 3 days so I thought good now we can ride some more so I thanked the principal but then he decided we would just have to stay after school which he also didn't do as I had to work babysiting 4 boys, so he punished me by making me come in every morning and report to him. I felt so special.

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  09:45:07 AM  Show Profile
Okay....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Naughty Things You Did As A Child Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page