Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 We need rain, but............
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic We need rain, but............ Next Topic  

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  08:54:03 AM  Show Profile
what is predicted will cause alot of misery for alot of people, especially in the burn areas. Keep good thoughts for them. My place (houses) sits up on a small rise, so we will be fine, and we will keep an eye on neighbors whose houses are on the lower side.All you California girls, stay safe.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  09:17:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear all of you girls stay safe!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  7:45:13 PM  Show Profile
Teresa:
I will be praying for all of you. I saw the Weather Channel and saw the rain that is headed for CA. Keep us posted. Louisiana is dry now, come on down!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  08:07:10 AM  Show Profile
So far, according to my rain guage here on the ranch, I've gotten about 3/4 of an inch in about 18 hrs. We are so very dry, it is soaking in, but if the rain continues as they say it will, it will start puddling, they start running off with erosion and heavy stream flow, and thats when the damage will start. Plus we are on high wind advisorys, which with the amount of rain, we will have trees coming down.

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

peapicker
True Blue Farmgirl

716 Posts

texas
USA
716 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  08:11:47 AM  Show Profile
I am keeping all of you in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Sharlet

Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Robert Brault
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  7:10:24 PM  Show Profile
Teresa:
I'm keeping an eye on the weather in CA. Not too sure exactly where y'all are, but if the water starts coming up, or trees start flying- y'all are all welcome here. Take care my friend. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  09:14:09 AM  Show Profile
As of this morn, and we are inbetween the second and third storm, my rainguage shows Ive gotten right at 4 ins now, we are beyond puddles now, we have small lakes all over the property. This next storm is supposed to be bigger yet, and there's at least one more after this one. We may get out of our drought yet!

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  4:52:43 PM  Show Profile
Teresa:
Please keep us posted. Stay dry. Did you mention that it was snowing?
Marly

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  5:10:42 PM  Show Profile
It has now started snowing, big wet flakes, we will see how long that lasts before it starts really sticking.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  7:01:10 PM  Show Profile
Teresa:
I bet the boys love the snow. Are the schools opened with all this water and mud sliding all over the place. I'm thinking and writing about what I've seen on the Weather Channel. The sights are scarey. Y'all take care over there.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  07:26:18 AM  Show Profile
Marly, our schools are open, but any schools in the mudslide areas, and areas that are flooding are not.

Go to Top of Page

cheneygal
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Suzie
Cheney Wa.
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  6:41:48 PM  Show Profile
Teresa, I read your post the other night about snow and wondered how long it would last. Sounds like you're about to float away. My prayers are with you and your family, sounds like your pretty safe, but take care, and if things get crazy, you be sure to take care of yourself!!

live, laugh, love
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  4:59:54 PM  Show Profile
Teresa:
How was the weather today over there? Has the rain stopped yet? Hope you and yours are still okay.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic We need rain, but............ Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page