Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Don't know how to say this but . . .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Don't know how to say this but . . . Next Topic
Page: of 2

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  1:52:23 PM  Show Profile
Patti - I may be repeating things said before here, because I was so anxious to respond to you that I did not read every single post above. But I have been where you are. And I have felt unskilled and a failure, and like I could never be responsible again in a career position. And let me tell you - I have found out first hand, that this is all bunk! Whatever it is you are supposed to do, it will unfold. Trust God. And believe me. I worked at a job that paid well, but I hated it for the competition and backbiting,for 5 years, and when I quit, I felt like a failure but I felt free! I made mistakes and I felt so guilty, because I was trying my hardest. So do not let this get you down! Whatever is coming next, and listen hard, it will be what you are meant to do. All will be well. And we farmgirls love you! I am so glad your hubby reacted okay, and whatever you find next will be the thing you can rest in and succeed at. You are so talented, I can tell by your posts. And so tender and understanding, and intelligent. That is priceless.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

rockinhorse
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Robin
yucca valley Ca
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  10:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Send rockinhorse an AOL message  Send rockinhorse a Yahoo! Message
Patti,

Just thinking about you and wanted to say Hi... My prayers and thougts are with you and your family. May your new journey lead you through a field of flowers and great aromas :)

Robin

Happiness must be grown in one's own garden!
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  10:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Patti, I'm so sorry you had this happen. Who ever said life wasn't fair sure was right. You have the joy of knowing you did nothing wrong. Others do not. You can look yourself in the mirror everyday and know you are good and honest. Others cannot. I know this will bring a great opportunity for you...just hang in until it shows up!!! You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  04:56:51 AM  Show Profile
Patti, hold onto your farmgirl spirit, EVERYTHING happens for a REASON!!! Maybe this new venture in your life is just what you need, new beginnings all the way around! Hang in there! HUGS!!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  06:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Patti,
I work for a high school as an Special Ed assistant. We are going thru the same things here. This year I work 7.5 hours a day with no lunch and no benifits in an off campus program for the severe emoitional and behavior kids. Why because I opened my mouth last year about unfair teatment of staff. Long story on my end but it ended up costing not only 10K for schooling that they required and then gave to others but time away from my family and my job in the area of my training. This year the school staff also did a surrvey and horrible out come and jobs started to fly. Anyone who said anything or questioned administration lost their contracts. I've kept a low profile only because I want to beat them to the punch. I know just what you were going through with the e-mails, being watched. Oh The STRESS It Causes. Heads up!!!!! God only gives us what we can handle and he takes away what is not good for us. Give him you worries. Write them down put them in a jar and walk away. Hold your head high. You stood up for what you believed in. You want to talk e-mail me and I'll call.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  09:23:49 AM  Show Profile
Patti,

You are a good person! We all have our little faults & crabby days. It's not nothing to be awarded the honor you received. You were well liked and did a good job. For whatever reason, that principal had it out for you...I would at least talk to the lawyer and document "in writing" everything that went down. If for no other reason, just for peace of mind. These kind of things can make you lose confidence and you certainly don't deserve this.

I think we should have a farmgirl picket of the principal. Aprons & straw hats with picket signs. Wouldn't that be a thing of beauty? Just kidding around, but honey, you stay strong.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  10:52:23 AM  Show Profile
Patti, I'm not sure that you mentioned what you 'didn't do' and I overlooked it, but my point is-you were being ambushed. Ok, you did something wrong, we all do at one time or another. I had a similar situation one time and yes, I made a mistake, I made a typing error on a check. It was on a Saturday, I had to drive 20 miles to work in a snow storm to the next city while I was babysitting my 2 year old cousin. My boss who lived two miles away wouldn't even come to work and when I was typing the check my cousin fell off a chair and hit her head on the concrete floor.
I was let go because I was not apologetic enough. Geez, I wonder why. Don't get me wrong, I was sorry it happened but felt that it wouldn't have if I hadn't come in when no one else would. Plus my boss had been changing some of my work, I caught her at it, because she did my job before I did and I was doing it better.
What goes around, comes around. Eventually, she was fired. Me, I eventually got a much better job.
My point is, you were in a no-win situation. I know it's hard now, but some day you'll look back and be a little glad that it happened so you could go on and find your real place.
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  11:26:16 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Well all I can say is that is a pretty crappy reason to fire you. Maybe charge you for it, put one of those little letters in your file, but fire you? no way. Great teachers are hard to come by and its important to remember everyone makes mistakes. To me its far worse to be the kind of teacher that treats students as second class citizens and talks down to them, disrepects them, is mean. My daughters romance and tradgedy teacher said to her class just last month that they were all a bunch of farmers and didn't know anything about the theater. I know, not a real insult to be called a farmer but it was the way he said it. i called the school but i don't think they listened. I hope i see this guy some time soon. theater my a#% i have been around some of the best in the business, he needs to cork it.i do hate arrogance.

so back to the point. like i said before its not a reflection on who you are, its a reflection of who they are.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Apr 10 2006 11:27:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  11:30:45 AM  Show Profile
Patti, admitting our mistakes is right and does make it ok to look ones self in the mirror with a "clean heart". It still seems that the way you were treated was poor at best, even if you did something wrong in the first place...
none of us are perfect

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Debs
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Debs
Wellington
New Zealand
100 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  12:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Patti, you may have made a mistake in not going to that workshop and not telling the principal - but a FOUR hour drive to a workshop??!! I don't think I would have gone. And I think the principal was just waiting for an opportunity to fire you, he obviously had it in for you since he started working there.
I also made mistakes in my last permanent job (booking people on the wrong flights to Europe - DOH!) and I was VERY lucky that I wasn't fired... in the end one of the reasons I left was because the job became too much for me (then they replaced me with 2 people!)
Anyway, I think the school has suffered a great loss - by the way, New Zealand has a teacher shortage, soooooooo if you want to look for a job further afield...
But really, you have an exciting time coming up, you are lucky to have the time to plan for your new job (and to find a good boss!) Look forward with positivity!
And best wishes for the appraisal tomorrow!

Debby
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  1:08:34 PM  Show Profile
Beth, it sounds like your daughter's teacher is a drama queen who thinks he's living a tragedy. I mean, teaching theater to farmers, how much worse could life get?
I suspect he'll be gone soon on his own.

Patti, take a deep breath and then let it all go. It'll get better.
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  1:57:26 PM  Show Profile
Patti -- Boy, this brings back memories. I worked at an educational publisher back in the early 80s. Four of us editors were to go to an evening seminar at a local college to meet and greet various professors, etc., and do some pr for our textbooks. Well, we decided to stop at Froggy's, a wonderful French restaurant, on the way and have dinner. And wine. And more wine. And then we all decided to skip the seminar and have a great dessert to top off our wonderful meal. NONE of us was fired . . . my boss said it was 'disgraceful' that we didn't go. I'll never forget that word 'disgraceful' -- but wow, we did some great bonding during that meal!

I think working conditions are much different nowadays. I'm sure we all would have been canned if this happened last month instead of back then.

You'll be learning your lessons from this -- one of them being that the job was no longer the right one for you -- another always to be honest -- and third that you have many friends here. Blessings on you, girl.

kl
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  5:34:03 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Patti,
Education has become big business these days and they look for any reason to let Great Teachers and Educators go. Doesn't matter how it affects the students! Tenure is unheard of here any more. Chin up you are on the break of a GREAT Adventure. We're here for you.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Don't know how to say this but . . . Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page