CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  8:24:30 PM  Show Profile
trying out my new camera .. and want to see if i can figure out how to get them to photobucket and then to the forum .. sooo .. here goes!

True Friends, Frannie

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  8:40:35 PM  Show Profile
I love these, Frannie! You did a good job, btw.

Well, I told dh that I was going to stay home and help with the move instead of coming to Kentucky and he said "no way". He said he goes hunting several times a year and I never go off on a girls-only type of trip, etc., and I'm to go and not feel like I shouldn't.

We're hoping to get most of the stuff into storage over Easter anyway, so that will help me feel better about coming.

Anyway, my dh is a sweetheart, and I'm so excited that in 2 weeks I'll be meeting you and other FarmGirls!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

FlipFlopFarmer
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Carla
Molalla Oregon
198 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  9:19:27 PM  Show Profile
Awww I just love the pictures. Very cute!

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  10:44:40 PM  Show Profile
That hoosier with the Easter stuff on it is wonderful Frannie!!! I love your decorating!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  12:14:21 AM  Show Profile
Just love the pics Frannie and your collections are beautiful. I could look at those pictures for hours! Just one question...how many hours a day do you dust and polish??? Everything looks so spotless!

Di

http://www.daisyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  05:54:27 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
What a beautiful collection. I am just wondering, like Diane, about the dusting. LOL

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  08:19:02 AM  Show Profile
DUST!!!! ha! i gotta' story to tell ya'll! when we lived in maryland .. we had a HUGE home .. and every nook and cranny was filled .. only MORE SO than these teensy little cabins. A Baltimore News Program had a sweet segment (the softer side of news) .. and a beloved news anchor who had semi-retired (George Baumann) was the moderator .. he called one day and said he had seen my home in the Baltimore Newspaper and asked if he might come photo it and interview me. (He had read that i gave 'historical tea parties' for children .. YESTERYEAR'S CHILDREN' .. and all his reports had a 'historical bend' to them. (Maryland .. By George!)

He came and spent over two hours with me .. just touring and talking and sitting on the bench in the sunshine. When the program 'aired' .. it started out with one of the three anchormen saying: "there are people who collect cars, trains, coins and art .. tonight we feature a woman who 'collects memories'.

Then they showed Crooked Tree Hollow and my interview with Mr. Baumann who introduced me as a 'grandmother' ... now the ONLY way one of the female reporters redeemed herself of what she was about to say .. was that she said she kept looking for a 'grandmother'. BUT!!! then she proceeded to announce to the WORLD ... "but how does she DUST all that STUFF!"

I gave her a little 'hoot' of a look .. but was still basking in the last line of Mr. Baumann's interview with me: "As we leave Frannie sitting in the Secret Garden, BY GEORGE! ... I think she must be one of the happiest people in Maryland".

Well ... anyhooooo .. back to the reporter and my dust! I exclaimed to her out loud .. even though she just kept talking about NEWS: "DUST? DUST? Don't you know that is 'MAGIC FAIRIE DUST'?????

And i determined that i would get a beautiful little vial and put some 'sparkly silver DUST' in it and write a poem and send it to those newscasters!

Shortly thereafter, i was riding in my car .. not even thinking upon the TV show .. and LO' AND BEHOLD .. the FAIRIES whispered a poem in my ear! I swear they did! I had to pull the car over and write it down!

Well, i never sent it to the newscasters .. no longer felt the need to .. something much more important was told to me by the fairies as to what i was to do with the poem and fairie dust: 'at the end of each tea party, you are to tell the children the importance of 'memories' .. tell them that someday when they are 'grown' .. they might be sitting with their own children .. or maybe even a chldhood friend who was at the party today .. tell them there ARE fairies who live in the Hollow of the Olde Crooked Tree (our home was named: Crooked Tree Hollow ... for a huge olde tree with a big bend and large 'hollow' in its trunk). Tell them that is where the 'fairies dwell' and that we are always present when they come to Crooked Tree Hollow with friends for a tea party. Tell them that we watch and we listen .. and that at night .. we all fly back to our home .. the hollow in the crooked tree. And that we stay up all night happily telling and re-telling of all the fun events we witnessed that day."

I then tell the children that when they are remembering these stories and sharing them with friends and children .. that 'you might just feel a teeeensy tickle on the cusp of your ear ... and you might just catch a glimpse of a shiny strand of hair blowing in the wind .. and THAT my dears .. will be the fairies returned with MEMORIES of your special day."

Then I have them close their eyes while i sprinkle MAGIC FAIRIE "DUST" in their hair .. that they might ALWAYS REMEMBER! as i recite the poem written by the fairies:

STAR DUST OF SILVER
MOON BEAM OF GOLD ..
SPUN BY THE FAIRIE FOLK
FROM STORIES OFTEN TOLD.
THEY LIVE IN THE 'HOLLOW'
OF AN OLDE 'CROOKED TREE'
... FOR THE 'STARDUST OF MEMORIES
... IS "MAGIC" .. YOU SEE!

ohhhhhhhhhh .. someday .. i hope to make this into a children's book!

xoxo, frannie

ha! o.k. .. and for the 'grown-up' guests who ask me that very question .. i just go over to a bureua top ... take a DEEP breathe and BLOW .. and announce: "THERE! I HAVE DUSTED!" ... "NOW .. do you want to see me VACUUM?" At which point .. i get down on hands and knees .. mouth to the floor .. SUCK IN a big breath .. puff my cheeks out ... walk to the front door and WHOOSH it outside .. THERE .. i have now vacuumed!

p.s. honestly, when you have lotsa' interesting stuff .. the dust isn't even seen!

but always remember .. it is THERE .. "magic fairie dust"!!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  08:47:48 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
I think your just magical, Frannie!!!

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2006 :  09:14:40 AM  Show Profile
elizabeth honey .. i decided when i was a TEENAGER (many moons ago) .. that life is just too short not to have fun. doesn't mean we don't get some 'down' times .. just can't let it keep us down.

thanks for the very sweet word .. magical! you make my heart smile! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  09:02:05 AM  Show Profile
Cute photos, Frannie!!! It's so much fun to see the actualities of where people live... Thanks for sharing!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Paradise Creek Farmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Shellie
Oregon
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  3:00:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie, I wanted to tell you I absolutely love your primitives and the way you decorate. I appreciated you emailing me the pictures of your cabin creek the other day. I have tried to reply to you several times and it will not go through, says error. Anyway, I don't know whats going on but just love your spark and enthusiasm. You have a real eye for primitives and I hope to see more pictures in the future. I printed out the pictures of cabin creek you sent me so that I can look at them often. What a beautiful place!!! Girls...for whoever has not looked at these pictures you just have to!! Truly amazing. Thanks again Frannie.

God Bless,
Shellie
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  9:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Frannie -

I just love your tins. Those are great. I am a big tin collector myself. I also love all your little tea cups and tea pots on the windowsill - so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  9:21:37 PM  Show Profile
thanks for the sweet words gurlfrenz .. here are a few more photos of cabin creek farm:

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2006 :  10:06:39 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
frannie ru still up? what s the word on honey hank. has he checked in?

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  07:56:47 AM  Show Profile
hi beth darlin' .. i returned late last night from a fun party about an hour and a half from me (Perrysville, KY) .. and was jus' checkin' in on my e-mails and ya-ya chatterings ..

on hank's 'grande adventures' .. we kiss goodbye at the airport .. and we kiss hello at the airport when he returns. this is 'his time' .. we both keep a journal and when he returns, we sit and read them to each other. what joy!

i'm doing my daily 'blessings in the wind' with the prayer flags for him .. today i sent the blessing of 'joy'. xoxo

every day at NOON .. we think of each other and know that our thoughts are travelling to each other wherever our footsteps lead us at that time. (i also send him prayers at midnight .. i am usually wide awake then .. although, i am sure he is asleep at that hour! (there is 12 hours difference between us). xoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  08:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
when i grow up i want to be like you LOL ok i am 40 but i do love your the way you look at life. An i am serious about the book! Last picture- I have a question for you what is this? found it in my barn, i have two of them.

then there is the garden trellis. Wht should I put there? And the inside and outside of my barn.

blessings
beth

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Apr 09 2006 09:02:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  09:04:54 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
sorry abou the size of the photos, still haven't figured it all out.

blessings
beth

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Apr 09 2006 09:06:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  10:35:57 AM  Show Profile
oh be still my heart! what a lovely, lovely, and a thousand more lovlies! BARN!

i think your stick thingie is a .. oh lordy! what do they call it!!! i have a couple of them .. a 'yoke' maybe .. that goes between the plow and the horses .. we have some at glovers' station .. and i'm heading over there today .. i'll ask some of the 'farmgirls' .. maybe someone on here can beat me to it before i get back.

thanks for sharing your delightful pictures and for making my heart smile gurlfren! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  10:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
thanks frannie- i have two of them. some of the strange things i have found in the barns. also have a giant black cauldron thing. it must weigh over 50 pounds. not sure where to put it.

blessings
beth

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Apr 09 2006 10:55:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

MichelleTN
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Michelle
TN
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  4:26:11 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,

Your place is "picture perfect", won't be suprised if we see you in more magazines!!

Hugs, Michelle

http://tangledthreadsandknottedyarn.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MichelleTN
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Michelle
TN
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  4:27:56 PM  Show Profile
Beth,

Your barn is so cool.....love the design of it!

Hugs, Michelle

http://tangledthreadsandknottedyarn.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  5:05:59 PM  Show Profile
beth .. my farmer friends verified what i said you 'stick' thing was used for.

your cauldron might have been for 'soap' making .. i have one too .. but i want to 'conjure up' a BIG POTTA' bean soup in it someday! it's REAL clean inside! i have mine sitting on the front porch because i don't want 'rain' to get in it and rust it.

show us a picture .. it bet it's the same as mine! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  5:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
thanks frannie. i will get a picture of the cauldron. mine does have some rust on it. may have to throw it in a fire to get it back. did you see my dolly that i finished? i am a proud momma!!!!!!

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic some CCF pictures Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page