Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 May I ask for prayer?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic May I ask for prayer? Next Topic
Page: of 2

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  12:37:04 PM  Show Profile
May I ask to be kept in prayer? I have moved from Calif to Kansas over the last few months. Really feel it was a leading from the Lord. But the last few weeks I am in depression. this forum has been a joy and blessing!!! I just miss friends, family, church from my hometown. even though I have family here, it is a BIG adjustment from a house to an apt, weather, etc. There are far more pressing things in the world so I feel kinda silly with this. Any others out there adjusting to completely lifechanging moves?? Did it take long to adjust, and how did you? God Bless you farmgirls and thank you!!

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  12:51:13 PM  Show Profile
From one prayin' granny to another, I pray that each day and week gets better and that when spring comes, you will feel happy for your move. I also pray you find a church in Kansas that you love.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  12:54:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much Shirley. I do think some of it is the confinement that weather brings. Cannot wait for spring. I have begun to attend a local church as well. How is Florida doing?? You got hit with a stronger winter as well?! Hope all is ok where you are.
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  2:15:33 PM  Show Profile
Linda, we moved here from San Diego 15 years ago, in November. I remember sitting at a resturant, looking at the snow and the 4 degree temp and asking my hubby if we really prayed about this! It was the best decesion and we love it here. Are you near Kansas City? We have a nice little farmgirl chapter and would love to welcome you. The sun is starting to shine, all will be well, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page

Roxy7
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Robin
Denver CO
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  3:11:12 PM  Show Profile
Prayers sent. Get as much sun as you can. Moving in Winter can be hard. Is there less sunshine where you are now?
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  5:43:50 PM  Show Profile
Linda - I will be praying for you! Moving is a huge adjustment even if it's something that you want. God is so good and He will walk with you through this journey! Hugs to you!

Kay

Handmade Soap, Lotion Bars & More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  6:01:18 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I am praying for you that you will find peace in your move to Kansas. I am from Kansas and moved to Missouri 30 some years ago. I was use to everything being so handy to get to. Then we moved and it was all highway driving for any entertaining. I kept telling my husband that I was tired of vacation and wanted to go home. But I got myself involved in a church, made some really wonderful friends and wouldn't go back now for anything. The new church you elect to attend will open their arms and support you through all the changes. Also, you have all your sister's here praying and supporting you. Remember to reach out, we'll be there.
Brenda
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  7:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Praying for you Linda!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  8:05:53 PM  Show Profile
It's sometimes hard to adjust...I moved from green Seattle to rolling, but relatively treeless Moscow Idaho...and that was about 16 years ago....It is still barren and too hot/too cold here for me, but its home now...it may take a while to "settle in" , but I have faith that you will do just fine =) Hugs and blessings from some one who has been there.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  06:13:38 AM  Show Profile
I understand how you feel. I moved to Kentucky from Idaho. Talk about culture shock. The only family I have here is in-laws and thats a whole other post Anyway here we are five years later I love my house have a good job and am very greatful because I know the move was ment to be we had God guideing us the whole way. It does get better but if you are like me it comes very slowly. Email me anytime if you want to talk.
Prayers headed your way.
Laura

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  08:54:49 AM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies sooo much for your encouragement and support! Carol, KC is about 2 hours away I think. I have an Aunt and cousins there. Maybe someday I can meet up with some of your chapter. My son lives in Encinitas, which is my 'ideal' place to be. Georgeous there. I am from the Joshua Tree, near Palm Springs area. Joshua Tree is a low desert so we get some snow and winter. But it does not last and mostly it is the typical Calif sunshine and lots of heat!! I had an injury several years back, a few surguries. Keeping up with my older home on 5 acres became quite difficult, so, family talked me into giving it a try here. I do love the apt. I am in. Have a big balcony that overlooks grass and trees. On 'warmer' days it helps to have my coffee out on the balcony. I hope to do some container gardening when spring comes. I just miss the things of home that are familiar and comfortable. I am having a better morning so far and I am going to prayerfully try to stay strong in my thoughts!! All of your stories that you have shared helped me to know that it is a process to adjust and a reminder that the Lord will see me thru. God Bless, Linda
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  09:57:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh Linda, you have my prayers and I hope I have yours. I have moved many times over my 44 year marriage and I've just about shut down any attempt to adjust and find new friends. We moved to CO two years ago to be nearer family (and I love them, love seeing them, love running into my grandkids at the store)but I still miss my little hillside home in Arkansas. I find myself resenting the snow and ice, I wonder what's the use when I think about meeting new folks and getting involved with the community. I would have to admit I've just about become a recluse. I know old dogs can learn new tricks, but what about when we just give up? I know just what you're going through. I think the best thing to do is just keep moving, try to get out everytime the weather permits, and start looking at those seed catalogs and the seed racks in the stores. I bought several packets yesterday at Home Depot, in spite of the fact my last frost date is about 4 months away!
Hang in there. Spring will come. And you're in my prayers.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  10:47:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi Melina, Oh my goodness. I hear ya!! Yes, you have my prayers as well. I felt kind of at the 'give up' end myself yesterday and weeks prior. I have a better day today. One day at a time right? Change is never easy and I cannot imagine moving that often. I am looking at seed catalogs online. Can only do about 6 max med containers on the balcony. But, I am hoping for carrots, tomatoes, onions, herbs, maybe potatoes, eggplant, cucmbers, etc. Small amounts, but I know it will be fun to do. This forum is such a blessing. I have joined a couple valentine swaps and I am having fun getting things prepared and focussing my thoughts onto that. It has warmed up to the 40's here in Wichita, and I am able to get out a bit easier. The ice was rough as I use a cane for walking. So, I just stayed indooors when it was soooo cold!! God Bless All You Farmgirls! Linda

country at heart
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:05:23 AM  Show Profile
Praying for you, Linda! Yes....one day at a time!

Hugs!

--June
Farmgirl #545
www.RubyJunes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Diane B Carter
True Blue Farmgirl

1270 Posts

Diane
Blasdell N.Y.
USA
1270 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  12:24:14 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I had to move from one end of town to the other when I was in the 7th grade and I didn't like it at first. When I started my job I had to move out on my own. That I loved. When I had children I moved back to my semi-small town to raise the boys in a nice village. Then when I retired and remarried and only moved 30 miles away and I'm adjusting well 3 years later. I can't image the move you or a lot of farmgirls had to adjust to but your a farmgirl at heart so I know you will adjust, just go check out a church, a store and keep smiling soon you will make new friends. I will keep you in my prayers. Diane

Hope all your days are Sunnydays.
dianebcarterhotmailcom.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  3:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I have lived in several different states and it is always hard when you move. Now I am so greatful for all the friends I have made and continue to keep in touch with. I also feel that God has taught me to love and get along with different people and situations. Stay close to God and learn what he has for you. Remember that no matter where you live God is always your continual friend. Delicia
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13646 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13646 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  6:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Linda,
I haven't had to move for some time and probably won't have to again until it's time to go to my heavenly home.
But, I know how I think I would feel if I had to . . . I will be praying for you. Praying that the Lord will lead folks into your life that you can just really "connect" with and start building relationships. Praying that He will fill the holes in your heart and life by the move.
My prayers are with you!!
CJ

...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathleen Sedlak
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Kathleen
Seattle Washington
9 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2010 :  9:24:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Linda, I moved from Colorado where I lived on a large ranch for 30 years to Seattle and have now been here about 9 weeks. I am having a terrible time with anxiety and homesickness. I read a devotional at night "Islands in the Stream" and its like everything has been written just for me and it is a great comfort but then morning comes and I seem to forget it all and feel so alone. I haven't met too many people yet, just a few at the church we found but all my girlfriends are in Colorado and it is so hard to be here. I am trying to be strong and positive but some days it feels like I just can't do it, so I will pray for you because I know exactly how you feel. Anytime you want to e-mail me would be wonderful. Love, Kathy #895
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  10:03:19 PM  Show Profile
Heres another prayin' Granny on my knees....

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~~**Terri**~~~

http://thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com
Also..... http://frocksfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  1:07:03 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Kathleen and Terri!! Kathleen, I sent an email out to you today. I hope you receive it ok. God Bless all you ladies on this forum. Linda

country at heart
Go to Top of Page

sherrye
True Blue Farmgirl

3775 Posts

sherry
bend in the high desert oregon
USA
3775 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  07:37:05 AM  Show Profile
goodmorning granny.i surely know the feeling well. we are again at the cross road in life.for us it is unemployment that will push us in another direction. at first i was panicked then sad and felt helpless.folks want to work and just go on with the duties of the day. things have changed for so many. there is some solace for us in knowing that this is not just us. it is a shift everywhere. we yet do not know where we shall go. we do know we will be together. i had to go in my head to What is the worst that could happen and deal with that mentally. now i think i can move anywhere. papa and i have done 4 big shifts in 36 yrs of marraige. what does not kill me will make me stronger. i did hope at this age to be able to settle. its not in Gods plan. so we are packing and sorting and gearing up. with 3 acres of farm and animals it will take a good part of a year. i now have my head in the right spot at least to begin. mind you there will be big tears and sadness for sure. what i do know is god will take care of you and i and all those suffering. he knows your good heart . well heck he knows more about me than i do lol. i will add you to my prayers. i pray often for the peace of god that excels all thought. he says to keep asking. since you are a prayin granny i know you will find new good friends and settle in. it always takes longer than we want it to. sending warm thoughts and prayers for your heart to be lifted. sherrye

the learn as we go silk purse farm
farmgirl #1014
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  11:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi Linda!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you! My parents moved to Kansas from California when I was 1 1/2 so my Dad could farm with his Dad. My Mom was born and raised in California and was a city girl! It was quite the adjustment for her too! But, now she is so involved with their community and church, you'd never have known she was a transplant! They live about an hour north of Wichita. Sounds like you went from some land to an apt. that has to be hard! The Lord will provide your needs! Spring will be here before you know it! Enjoy your container gardening! Kansas springs are beautiful!

~April

Playing in the Sonshine
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/sonshine4u
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  11:55:55 AM  Show Profile
Also, Linda, there's another Linda on here that is fairly close to you too! Prairie Flower. She'd love to meet you I'm sure!

~April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Linda
Sterling Ks.
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  1:24:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello Linda, This is Linda from Kansas also. I would love to meet you!!! I moved from Alaska 30 years ago and thought I wasn't going to make it!!!! I had one little boy at the time and we would hop in the farm truck and just drive around Kansas with momma crying. Those were the days. Please get ahold of me. I live in central Kansas by Hutchinson. We live on a farm. I love Kansas now, but coming from mountains and ocean to here was an adjustment to say the least.I cried for a year, because I didn't have any friends. I loveeeeeeeee my Kansas now. I still miss my mountains, but I love farm life. I tried to email you, but there was nothing that I could find, so I will just leave this message here.
I have a blog and on the side is my email address or you can also get a hold of me here on MJF. Please call me! I would love to get to know you! It would be a treat. I am 57 with two daughters still at home and I am homeschooling.

Blessings sweet friend. You are not alone. MJFarmgirls are the best!!!!!!

Linda
www.prairieflowerfarm.blogspot.com

Enter and leave with a happy heart!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Flower
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Linda
Sterling Ks.
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  1:27:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you April for writing me and helping Linda and I connect. Isn't this forum wonderful? The Lord is so good to take care of His kids!

Blessings, Linda
Prairie Flower

quote:
Originally posted by sonshine4u

Also, Linda, there's another Linda on here that is fairly close to you too! Prairie Flower. She'd love to meet you I'm sure!

~April

Playing in the Sonshine

Enter and leave with a happy heart!
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  2:02:00 PM  Show Profile
You're welcome! I love having so many sisters!

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic May I ask for prayer? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page