Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Are there any Ohio farmgil chapters here?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Are there any Ohio farmgil chapters here? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Maggiemoo
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Jennifer
Johnstown Ohio
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  4:23:07 PM  Show Profile
I am very knew to all of this, but I have braved into starting my own chapter here in Ohio. My friends and I already do a lot of neat stuff, but it would be great to have an official farmgirl connection. If there are any chapters here in Ohio let me know. We would love to hear from you and maybe share some of our ideas with you. We are planning some day trips for this year, and may be able to stop and see you. Farmirls unite!

Cowgirls are forever.

guerin
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Jennifer
Shandon Ohio
88 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  04:44:46 AM  Show Profile
I would love to know the answer to that also :) The only one I have found near me is in Northern Ky.
Where is Johnstown?

If money can fix it... it isn't a problem. (unsure author)

http://925frugal.com

Go to Top of Page

Maggiemoo
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Jennifer
Johnstown Ohio
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  05:00:19 AM  Show Profile
Johnstown is a suburb of Columbus. It is a little northeast. It's close to Granville and Newark. Where are you located?

Cowgirls are forever.
Go to Top of Page

RubyJunes
True Blue Farmgirl

246 Posts

June
Greenwich Ohio
USA
246 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  05:43:37 AM  Show Profile
Hello Jennifer & Jennifer! :-)
Great to see some more Ohio farmgirls here, and how exciting that you're starting your own chapter! I, too, have started a chapter recently. We're located in the Greenwich, Ohio area, kinda North Central Ohio. I would enjoy sharing ideas with you, brainstorming & networking, etc...and it doesn't sound like you are too far away from here to get together with you all, too! How fun! Feel free to email me at rubyjunes@verizon.net and we can talk more!

June
www.RubyJunes.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  07:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Jennifer, Very cool. So glad to hear that there is another chapter in Ohio. I was in Columbus last year after being to Deere Dawn's for a chapter event. I live in Washington State. Congrats on starting your chapter and glad that you are having so much fun!

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Jan 13 2010 07:20:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Maggiemoo
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Jennifer
Johnstown Ohio
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  11:38:59 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone! It's great to hear from you all. I'm so excited to get our chapter started.

Cowgirls are forever.
Go to Top of Page

guerin
True Blue Farmgirl

88 Posts

Jennifer
Shandon Ohio
88 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  08:27:12 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, I am actually in the Cincy area. I saw posts that there are actually a lot of Cincy folks but no chapter I don't think.

If you do start a chapter, let me know :)

If money can fix it... it isn't a problem. (unsure author)

http://925frugal.com

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  05:49:53 AM  Show Profile
I have a chapter in Ohio. Harvest Thyme Farm girls. I'm closer to Ruby Junes though... however once a month I'm in the Columbus area to see family for the wknd. As a matter of fact, my daughter who lives with my ex goes to Northridge, so I'm super close to Johnstown (my dad lives in Pataskala). Convo me if you want to meet up sometime!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~Let me take ya for a ride on my big green tractor~
Go to Top of Page

hhalleck
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Hannah
Ohio
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  10:30:05 AM  Show Profile
I started a Chapter, Apron Strings, in Lima Ohio....but I haven't done anything with it yet!
We recently moved to Ohio, and I was new to MJF, I'm hoping to get something going eventually though!
I love the thought of getting together with some other farmgirls some time!

Hannah May
Farmgirl #882
www.thehallecks.blogspot.com
www.prettystinkingreen.com
Go to Top of Page

Maggiemoo
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Jennifer
Johnstown Ohio
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2010 :  2:48:30 PM  Show Profile
Very cool to hear from everyone. I am thinking that maybe this spring we could coordinate some kind of get together. Maybe a day antiquing or going to some kind of workshop. It would be nice for us all to meet and feed off of each other. We are going to have our first Farmhouse Gatherings chapter meeting this month. So I am going to email you all seperately so that I can put a joint email together to coordinate this. Happy trails to you all and hopefully we all cross paths this year!

Cowgirls are forever.
Go to Top of Page

hhalleck
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Hannah
Ohio
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  06:50:08 AM  Show Profile
Sounds great Jennifer!

Hannah May
Farmgirl #882
www.thehallecks.blogspot.com
www.prettystinkingreen.com
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2010 :  10:32:45 PM  Show Profile
Is anyone close to toledo? I live just across the border in michigan and would love to connect with other farmgirls!
Go to Top of Page

Weedy Ways
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Lynn
OH
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2010 :  11:32:18 AM  Show Profile
Hello from Wooster!! I am Lynn - Gluten Free Farmgirls is the chapter I started about a year ago --- after meeting DeereDawn and several other amazing farmgirls by chance for a wonderful spring fling at Dawns!

I don't get to Columbus much - about once a year for a celiac conference at Nationwide Children's Hospital ... but I think there are other farmgirls around us, they're just hiding!! :)

Weedy Ways ~ Lynn (Farmgirl #626)
WeedyWays.com ~ for a healthier happier and better you! Customized herbals, Watkins Products (since 1868!), Nature's Sunshine and Arbonne ... with attention to special needs including Gluten Free!
Go to Top of Page

vintage saver
True Blue Farmgirl

323 Posts

oleta
wheelersburg ohio
USA
323 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  2:35:18 PM  Show Profile
I live in southern Ohio, near Portsmouth. I'm not an official farmgirl yet. I haven't seen all the posts, but I don't think there is any one near me, maybe in northern KY
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  09:02:55 AM  Show Profile
I live in Cincinnati and would love to look into getting a chapter going for the farmgirls around here. I live in the Eastgate area so if anyone is close to me and interested please let me know.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

SassyCasie
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Casie
Canonsburg Pennsylvania
USA
24 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  2:59:14 PM  Show Profile
I don't live in Ohio but I am really closed to Ohio and travel there all the time. I actually live south of Pittsburgh. I don't think that there are any chapters around me so I'm not sure how close that we are, but if I am available on a day that you guys are having a get together I may be able to travel there and meet with everyone. Let me know if I am close to a chapter though and I will gladly join it.

Sassy Casie
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - May 05 2010 :  09:45:09 AM  Show Profile
I am up for what ever Casie let me know if you are going to be around here and I would love an opportunity to get together with you.
delicia
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  09:26:22 AM  Show Profile
Hannah, I can't believe it ... I am gone from MJF for a few short but crazy months and now a fellow sisterchick is only 20 minutes away!!! I grew up in Lima but live in Bluffton now. I am heading over to check out your blog site. I am interested in hear about the Apron Strings!!!!
Tammyb
sisterchick #541

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  7:49:10 PM  Show Profile
I used to be in Ohio and tried to start a chapter of North Central Ohio farmgirls - I was in Lexington, just south of Mansfield.

Had to move to Michigan, job-related. Hope to move back to Ohio when retirement is an option, my family is still there.

I'd like to keep tabs on farmgirl activities near Mansfield.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2010 :  05:51:27 AM  Show Profile
I'm in Canal Winchester Ohio. It sits between Columbus and Lancaster. Just recently joined and would love to meet up with some other Ohio Farmgirls.
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2010 :  6:01:17 PM  Show Profile
I am new to this also and wondered about any farmgirl chapter close to the Cleveland area ?
Go to Top of Page

harmonyfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

785 Posts

Debbie
Southeastern Ohio
USA
785 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2010 :  1:40:55 PM  Show Profile
Seems like all you farmgirls live very close to big cities....I live in SE Ohio...out in the sticks. I tried to start a farmgirl chapter and it never materialized...so what do I do now? I belong to a group of quilters who meet once a month "The Grateful Threads" but they aren't interested in farming and animals and farmgirl kinda stuff.....I feel ever so lonely...sniff, sniff...where would be a central location for everyone? Maybe we could find an Inn or something and plan some creative things and all meet there...?
Debbie

"If you can't find the time to do it right...how will you find the time to do it over"
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  07:54:40 AM  Show Profile
I am about an hour from the Toledo area. I started up the chapter a year ago, now called Frugal Farmgals, however I cannot convince any of my local friends to join me. It has only been the kids and myself completing projects. I have yet to sew my apron.

Visit my blog sites:

http://momzonetakingtimeformom.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

hour3suns
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Sharon
Frankfort OH
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  03:06:54 AM  Show Profile
Debbie, where are you at in SE OH? Maybe we're in the same area. I'm in Frankfort (Ross County).

Smiling & Waving,
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  4:35:52 PM  Show Profile
I would love to take a hearthside cooking class with all of you. It's been on my "bucket" list for a year now. You learn to cook over an open fire. It takes place in an 1812 kitchen. Each year it's in April. I'll post the information if you are interested.

Visit my blog sites:

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2010 :  12:22:48 PM  Show Profile
Well, if any of you in Ohio are interested later, just send me an e-mail.

Visit my blog sites:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Are there any Ohio farmgil chapters here? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page