JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  10:19:04 AM  Show Profile
hi yall! i am back! been away for a while. i wanted to share what i've been up to these days, i started a comfy drawer, putting all the favourite comfy clothes in one drawer. it was alot of fun and plus i got to clean out alot of clothes in the process. snow here today yukk!! but hopefully won't last too long, getting all prepared to get seeds started for the gardens. and getting ready for fishing, it opened here april 1st. spring cleaning is here too, what a job that is, but has to be done. my cristmas cactus didn't bloom this year i can't figure out why?? it looks good though! well, have a good day everyone and will tune in again more often hopefully jo~

love is all you need

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  10:49:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm inspired! I want ALL my drawers to be comfy drawers!
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  1:11:32 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like you and i are in about the same zone plant wise i am just getting seeds started inside also. Your comfy drawer sounds like something i need to do. I need to get on my spring cleaning in general. Good luck

Valerie
Alaska Girl all the way
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  6:45:02 PM  Show Profile
I'm with you Allison, all drawers should be comfy drawers! If it isn't comfy I don't want it. Even dress up can be comfortable.
Spring cleaning??? What's that????... Just kidding. I used to be so good about spring cleaning. Some how over the years I dragged it out. NOw I attack one room a month. Some rooms are done in a couple hours and others take a couple days. It spreds it out and doesn't seem to make it so overwhelming. It also gives you more time to start spring outside activities.

Next time I clean dresser drawers there will be a comfy drawer. Thanks for the idea!

Teddie
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  2:22:37 PM  Show Profile
That is such a great idea! I have a sort of personal "treat" drawer where I keep things that I know will cheer me up when I'm down - I can just open it up and find a few special things - a book or two, a really good quality chocolate bar, a yummy scented candle, a love letter from my husband, a photo of my babe... - and thanks to your great idea, I'm going to add a super-comfy pair of maternity PJs to it for now.

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

sonflowergurl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katee
Tampa 'Burbs FL
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  2:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Send sonflowergurl an AOL message
Ooh Libbie, I like the "treat" drawer idea! I'd have to keep it a secret from my family or there'd be no chocolate there when I need it! LOL LOVE that idea!

Katee

The end will justify the pain it took to get us here.
"Looking Toward the Son"---- http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  05:20:52 AM  Show Profile
I have lots of baggy drawers in my comfy drawer! And baggy shirts, and thorlo socks and only cotton things :)

Peace
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2006 :  3:12:27 PM  Show Profile
Ooooh, I do love the idea of a comfy drawer! And it is time to clean out the dresser after all...

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  03:51:21 AM  Show Profile
good morning ya'll! well i am soooo glad i inspired u all to get a comfy drawer, i am sooo pleased with it. everyday i get into it, and there is what i want to wear, now i am into cleaning out one junk drawer at a time today! what fun that will be eh? i wonder if there is anyone that doesn't have a junk drawer? lol! i put some spinache in and believe it or not it is up. i see the onion chives are nearly ready to chop, and put in mashed potatoes. i can't waite for that. they are so good in potatoes. it has been raining here alot the last week but on sunday, it was so beautifull i couldn't believe the change in the weather. got to go to the beach mind u~ it was warm and the sun felt so good on the face! well girls must scoot and get some brakfast, i am interested to see how many have junk drawers like me? ha ha!! love from jo~

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  08:07:18 AM  Show Profile
Jo -- you've inspired me to make a comfy drawer. That way I won't be digging to find all my favorite things to wear. And I might just make a treat drawer too -- only I'll have to hide that one from the DH and DD.

When we moved here a year ago I realized that I didn't have a spare drawer for a junk drawer -- YIKES! What to do with all the keys that no one knows what they go to, the nails and screws that no one want to put back in the package, and other miscellaneous items. So I came up with a "junk basket" which I keep in a cabinet. But it's just not the same!!!

http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  12:14:44 PM  Show Profile
kay u know just yest. i did some junk drawers too. i put all the keys into one baskett, why do we all have soooo many keyslol! anyways i got 6 drawers done,i acn actually open them without them getting jammed ha ha!! but today i am moping around the house like a lost puppy. i get those days i guess lately. i love that comfy drawer though, it is sooo convienient eh?i must have thrown away three bags of crapie clothes i never wear anymore,.well my dil or i should say common law dil. she goes through all of the clothes befor they hit the salvation army. some of my clothes were falling off me, anyways. i hated to throw some but what the heck, they were all out of style anyways.i just know i should get at the fridge and clean it too but man ol man, i hate that job. another job is my worse is making a lunch for al's work. i never liked that job for some reason! tee hee!will see ya on the farm girl friends e mails girl love from jo~oh and kay i got all my favourite jewlery in a little draw string bag for now till i find something more appropriate. i am thinking of a little wooden box with a key would be cute. and i need a treat place too for all my favourite goodies. like gum, chips, dulse, ha ha food!!!! oh my!!!! i am boared lol!

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page

Susie Q
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Susan
So. California
USA
122 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  9:29:55 PM  Show Profile
In the book Simple Abundance the author talks about creating a drawer or shelf to put things in that "feed" you on those days when you need it or just want to indulge yourself.

I love indulgent, rainy or sick days when I can get into it and hunt up some soul comfort. One thing I did add was my favorite mystery books as a kid. When I'm sick and want to "remember" that "sick little kid being looked after by mom" feeling. I pull those out along with some slippers like I used to wear and a box of mint tea that my mama used to have me sip.

Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2006 :  11:21:43 AM  Show Profile
hi girls, i have to get some more clothes for my comfy drawers, i lost sooo much weight, i love getting new stuff, but witht he weight loss i'll have to go to a thrift store, lol~ in case i gain a bit of weight, won't spend sooo much money, then have to throw them out, or give them to a salvation army store. it is fall! so i have to get some warm wollies out. leaves are turning and falling already. how's everyones fall wardrobe? what are the colours in this yr? anyone know? jo~

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic COMFY DRAWER Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page