Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Measurements for a Toddler Apron
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Measurements for a Toddler Apron Next Topic  

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  4:39:18 PM  Show Profile
I want to make a simple toddler apron that would tie around the waist. I can only find patterns for full bib aprons. The little girl is 2 1/2, average size, and I was wondering how long should I make the ties and the skirt itself? I am not around children that size, but if I had a general idea I could put one together. Thank you, and you folks stay warm! Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!

Singing Tree Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Cari
Chase Michigan
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  2:23:09 PM  Show Profile
Lessie, I just went through the same thing. I was working with a 3 and 5 year old. I ended up enlarging one of MaryJanes patterns 300% instead of 400. If you went this way you'd probably want to try something a little bit smaller.
You asked for measurements so I'll try to measure my pattern pieces. These will be unfished size, seam allowances included. From the top of the waistband to the skirt bottom is about 19 inches. This is a high waistband and a long ruffle. Again, I would go smaller. The tie is about 25 inches.
I don't know if this will help you at all, I hope so.

All of creation sings Your praise!
Go to Top of Page

Lessie Louise
True Blue Farmgirl

1406 Posts

Carol
PECULIAR MO
USA
1406 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  05:35:59 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much, I was thinking the tie should be about 25 inches but no idea about the rest. I will probley try to put one together today, Tske csre, Carol

Forget buns of steel, I'd rather have buns of cinnamon!

Farmgirl #680!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Measurements for a Toddler Apron Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page