happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  11:38:12 AM  Show Profile
My husband just called me at work, something he never does, to tell me we close on the loan for the land a week from today at 4:00. What's even better, we aren't going to have to put any money down. They're allowing us to pledge the stock/shares we've purchased in Procter & Gamble as collaterol. That will leave us all the proceeds from the sale of our house to get started on our new house -- well, the basement, at least. We aren't making much from the sale because we've only lived in it 3 years and have to pay commission. But this is great news!!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  11:47:17 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Patti! That is wonderful news. You must be so happy.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

akcowgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Valerie
Homer Alaska
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  12:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Send akcowgirl a Yahoo! Message
That is wonderfull news. Congrats!!! even better that you don't have to put anything done on the land and will have what money there is for a new start.

Valerie
Alaska Girl all the way
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Texas
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Cynthia
Mena Arkansas
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  12:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Cindy Texas an AOL message
I am so happy for you, congratulations!

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  12:50:23 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Patti~~
Jan
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  1:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
So glad to hear it. Now make sure you document all this excitment for us and share stories photos etc!

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  3:12:47 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, looking forward to seeing pics too. :)
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  3:47:21 PM  Show Profile
Congrats from me too, Pattie...yay!!!!!!!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  4:07:54 PM  Show Profile
WHoo-Hoo! Congrats!!! Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  5:02:59 PM  Show Profile
Now I feel like things are starting to happen. We talked to dh's cousin, who is a contractor, about pouring our basement, but he's been so busy lately that he's been contracting that part out. He gave us the name & of the guy he uses, so dh called and left him a message. I don't know how long it takes to dig & pour a basement, let it dry, etc., so I have no idea when we could be living in it, but at least we're starting to make progress.

I'm going to drive out to the land this weekend, I think, and take pictures to post on my blog and to show here. We're having a garage sale Saturday morning, so hopefully we can drive out there after that. My son is coming home this weekend (he wasn't planning to) so he can help his dad put the heavy furniture in storage. He told me he figured we'd rather get it done so we can have a more relaxing Easter holiday weekend with family.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  5:58:56 PM  Show Profile
Patti that is great news. Good things do come to good people. Congrats Now you can start your new adventure.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2006 :  9:26:02 PM  Show Profile
Patti,
That is good news! I'm so happy for you. Wish I was available to go yard saling Saturday, I'd help your cause. I'll be at a Sheep Festival in Waterloo, IL.

Did you get your wall tent to stay in until the basement is done? I think you are going to like the fact that you finish out the basement first and then work on the rest. Then you kind of have 2 houses - sorta, but it makes it nice for overnight company and entertaining. I don't know if you are planning to put in a full kitchen, but how nice that will be once the garden starts to come in and you can do the canning in the basement where it's a littl cooler and no lugging jars to the basement when they are ready - you are already there. It seems like it would be an ideal set up to me, but I've never done anything like that, so I may be way off base, too. Either way, this is a wonderful beginning to a beautiful long journey. I can't wait to see it in progress.

And the favors go both ways, if there is anything I can do to help please don't hesitate to call or email, I can be there with just a buzz down the highway. Congratulations and blessings to you and your family throughout this whole process that you will see the hand of God moving in and amongst your family's activities and togetherness.

In His hands,
Lynda L.

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
www.pamperedchef.biz/lorenzfamilycooks
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  04:48:09 AM  Show Profile
Great news Patti, everything is coming into place, can't wait to see the pics!

www.sageflowerfarm.blogspot.com

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

sillyfoulks
True Blue Farmgirl

164 Posts

Elizabeth
Illinois
USA
164 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2006 :  06:27:56 AM  Show Profile  Send sillyfoulks an AOL message  Send sillyfoulks a Yahoo! Message
What wonderful news Pattie! Isn't it grand when a plan comes together? When we were able by our farm we felt like we were dreaming, actually we are still in a dream!

Elizabeth

Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.

http://livingcountrystyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Wonderful news!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page