Page: of 2

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  5:33:58 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
About midyear last year while in a meeting, someone asked me to use two words to define myself. In those two words, they wanted to know who I was and what I did and I couldn’t use traditional definitions like wife, mom, daughter etc.
The two words that I came up with were:
A).Writer
B). Brilliant*ologist.

The writer, while could be debated by others, is a title I wear. One that I feel like I was created to be. It is the thing I have always done and is as much a part of who I am then aspect of who I am. Sure I get caught up in the punctuations and spelling, but it is the storyteller aspect that I am talking about, the connector part of me that feels compelled to use to words to paint the pictures.
Then there is the Brilliant *ologist. That part of me that loves to see the brilliants in others. People fascinate me. Their talent and gifts always blow me away. Of course, I feel that words capture the dimension of who they are in a way that film and paint simply cannot. I have noticed however that the use of the word “Brilliant” and Brilliance” can disturb some. Either they can’t wear the word afraid that others will think they are egotistical or they are stunned that I would have the nerve to use it. It makes me wonder why that is? Why are we “Okay” with lesser words that describe our gifts? Hmmm.

I stopped defining myself with other people’s terms and definitions of who I was, and began to claim what I KNEW I WAS.
So, I am curious who are YOU? Maybe it is the YOU that no one has been allowed to see before, or maybe you are already established in the self-approved label either way, I am curious...
WHO ARE YOU? I double dog dare you to join me 2010 in claiming the real you. Like the old game show use to say... WILL THE REAL RENE’ PLEASE STAND UP.

I’m Rene and I am a writer and a brilliant * ologist.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com
www.renenaturallyspeaking.blogspot.com

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  7:10:57 PM  Show Profile
What a great post, Rene.

What two words would I use for me? Hmmmmmm, I guess I would say that I'm Kimberly Ann and I am a magpie and a craftster. Magpies are entranced by shiny things and gather them around their nests (or at least magpies in my mind do). I keep myself entertained with learning new things, reading new ideas - these are my shiny things. I'm also a craftster - I'm attracted to things I can make with my hands, my words, my time. I'm always crafting my life.

Kimberly Ann
Farmgirl Sister #225
Crochet Geek, Newbie Fiddler, Would-be Farmer, Backyard Chicken Rancher, Eager Podcaster
http://beesinourbonnetsintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Podcasts at http://thefannyfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Faransgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Beth
Houston Texas
USA
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  7:19:53 PM  Show Profile
This is a great idea. Two words for me. I am a rescuer and a creator. I rescue, those in need of space, friendship, company, care or whatever. The creator, well, I love to create, things, thoughts, opportunities. I am still creating myself and am learning how to create my life and who I am. I believe we continue to create ourselves and it goes along with the rescuing to allow others to create a new life for themselves. That is who I believe I am.

Farmgirl Sister 572

May the force of the horse be with you.
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  7:21:42 PM  Show Profile
This is really cool? Hi I am Beverley and no I did not change my name to add the extra E, It really is like that on my birth certificate and I like it that way. So many people see my name and leave the E out just because other people spell it that way. so I guess I would say to start I am a Beverley with an extra E, and a Curious-a-tress. I know that is not a word but I have always been curious about everything and everybody. There life and story of others lives and love to listen to people talk about their pasts and so forth. My saying in my head has always been "Mine is not to do or die, mine is always to ask "WHY"?

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  7:34:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for starting this thread. I had to give this more than a moments' thought. Quite a challenge! But as I sit here these come to mind.
1. Nuturer is a good description that covers being a mom, elementary school teacher,and pet-Mama to a wide variety of beasties over the years, as well as helping DH with his art, volunteering for 4-H and science clubs, and being supportive of friends in health and family crisis.
2. Learner. I crave learning new things, trying new projects and recipes,taking classes, talking to people or reading about their lives. Whether it is learning about plumbing so I could do it when we built our house or baking a great loaf of bread I just want to KNOW!
I'm looking forward to finding out how others see themselves!

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

arabianhorselover
True Blue Farmgirl

422 Posts

Jennifer
Bedias TX
USA
422 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  8:12:32 PM  Show Profile
What a nice way to get to know what we all think of ourselves. Thank you Rene! I feel the two words the describe me are "Brilliant" and Successful! I may not be rich in money aspects but I am rich in all the friendships that I have acquired over this last year, Thank you MaryJane. I am successful in knowing that I am happy with where I am in my life with my wonderful husband, my children who I had to set free but have now come back to me, a wonderful farm that I Thank God for every day and a job that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world. God has gifted me with the most wonderful creatures, The Arabian Horse. That makes me feel Brilliant and Successful!

Breeder of Straight Egyptian Arabians and SportHorses
www.whisperwindsarabians.com
Farmgirl Sister #561
Never squat with your spurs on!!!

www.throughjenslens.etsy.com
http://twitter.com/arabhorselover
www.hillbilliehoneys.blogspot.com
www.kountrybumpkinfarmgirl.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  07:26:58 AM  Show Profile
Well this is quite a challenge. Hmmmmm I suppose what I think of my self is really who I am. So.....I am an Optimist---a believer in all thing possible. and I am Happy.
So there ya go----A Happy Optimist. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  07:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
What a blessing to start this morning reading these. Truthfully, tears are running down my face. Kimberly the Magpie is priceless (shiny things), who will ever forget that title? In addition, rescuer and creator, two very powerful words. Beverely ~ I love that you highlight your originality and are curious enough to search that out in others. Susan, the ability to nurture and being committed to lifelong learning are both steps that can change the world. Jennifer, brilliant and successful are two titles that can leave us knowing that we can find a way out of any situation as well as that helping us to know that we are enough and have enough in any given moment. As a brilliant*ologist let me just say, thanks for using the word brilliant. Some seem afraid to use it in describing self and others... I am glad that you are not. Marybeth~ a happy optimist. My grandpa use to always say, "happiness is a choice", and I believe him, thanks for making the choice to see the possibilities in life. One of my new favorite artists is a gal named Kelly Rae Roberts and she defines herself as a possiblitarian. I love that.

Now the fun part. We get to go out into the world and be who we know we are. You have made my day!!!

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  11:23:55 AM  Show Profile
Rene', I saw this post this morning and I have thought about it since. While I was running errands in town and doing laundry. Sometimes I feel like I really don't know who I truely am. I am so many people. I am a Gemini so I always felt like I had a twin somewhere. I do have many different personalities. But I think I have come up with 2 words to describe myself right now.

Resourceful. I can pretty much do anything I set my mind to. I can also come up with pretty good dinners on next to nothing. I can stretch a dollar pretty darn far. I love to reuse anything I can find.

Dreamer. I am big dreamer. I see what I can be in my dreams. Although I may never actually be that person, I can see her. I have always had big aspirations for my life. Just getting there is a struggle. So I dream big.

There are alot more words. But you asked for only 2. This was really hard. I want to ask my family what 2 words they would choose for me. That should be interesting, for sure.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  11:54:41 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kris,
I think that so many of us are like what you describe. I am finding that by labeling me it has also served as an anchor allowing myself to not be bounced to and fro when the winds of change blow in. While I always want to be open to change and to new things I now find that I can do so through the lens of Writer and Brilliant*ologist, and somehow that feels freeing.

Thank you so much for giving so much consideration to this little project, and willing to be vunerable in the process as I truly feel that I am better for having asked myself the questions and the settled into the answers. GREAT job by the way what could be better than a "Resourceful Dreamer?" and couldnt the world use more of them?

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  2:36:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Rene,
I know you said TWO words but . . .
. . . I have to go this route.

1. Creator/organizer. I have been described as a "Master Organizer"
pulling all sorts of things together from a Relay for Life Event
to a Prayer Shower for our daughter.
I'm also CONSTANTLY creating things . . . the projects I make
in my "project room" . . . as well as my music. I have been at
the piano before I ever started school . . accomplished pianist,
piano instructor, voice instructor, choir director (talk about
"creative organizing"!!!) . . improvisation. Oh my!!!

2. Encourager/Nurturer: because I know, personally, the value of
being encouraged and how it feels when I'm not . . .and being
VERY BEAT UP . . and picked to the very bones of my soul! I
try to be sensitive to others and their needs for encouragement
and to be "in their balcony" CHEERING, SUPPORTING and HOLDING
THEM UP in this manner. I nurture my son who has Down
Syndrome (he's 36), my brain-injured sister . . and this entire
family as we deal with the related issues. But I also attempt
to nurture those who are hurting . . . no matter how they are
hurting. Nurturing also includes home, garden, pets, yourself
and all sorts of things.

Sometimes I think we need to look at WHO we are and how we fit into the grand scheme of things and be able to say, with pride and confidence . . . and humor (gotta laugh as much as possible!!!!) that I AM!!!!

I just turned 61 years old and while at my daughter's for Christmas I shook my booty for the family just for fun. Told my son-in-law this "Hey, I'm 61 years old and I can still touch my toes with ease (he can't even get close to his) and shake my booty!!!!"

GOD BLESS US . . . ONE AND ALL!!!
CJ
...from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Jan 06 2010 2:43:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  4:59:52 PM  Show Profile
It's really difficult to boil it down to two words. I believe that every aspect of life is a spiritual experience/expression - from the mundane to the magnificent, therefore all aspects are universally valid. I also think in terms of art - whether it is crafting,spinning,knitting, sewing, working on my marquetry (inlaid woods), or painting or even gardening, taking care of animals and fixing a meal, and even coming up with a creative solution - it's all artistry in practice. So I guess it would be an Artistic Universalist. That may not be the best description of what I am trying to say but I feel that I am a spiritual being on a human adventure and I try to express that with as much artistry and imagination as I can. I think we are all in this together and the more we can do to support and help, and uplift each other, then the closer we will become to effecting the world toward a more positive outcome.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  5:15:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
hmmmm.... this post really got me thinking. What two words would i choose to describe myself. I never liked labels to be linked to a person, but we are only human and that is just what we do. There are positive labels... along with negative ones too. But how do I find two that describe who i am.

The first would be..
Thinker---- I have a mind that i love to use. I was blessed with this wonderful mind and i find so many people waste their "Thinkers" with bland tv and the mumbo jumbo of everyday life. I love to read books. I like a good love story but i also love a good textbook to sit and learn and to ponder some of the new facts i have learned. We all have minds, its just up to us on how we use it.

The second word would be...
Creator---- I love my two hands. Anything with my two hands that i can think up to make is a great way to spend some time. With my two hands i am able to earn a living, and when i'm not making some extra money, i'm doing what i love most, Crafting! I love cooking, baking, crafting, sewing, crocheting, knitting, scrapbooking, wood working, anything i'm able to do with my hands.

Well thats me, plain and simple!

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/

Check out my ETSY store too! I'm loving it!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Claudiascraftshop
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  6:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Claudia,
Normally I would agree about not liking labels, but I think there is a differnece we "we assign our own." I think all to often we are willing to wear labels (even begrudgingly) that others assign, but are less willing to assign our own, that build us up. I truly believe that most of us have more than two aspects of who we are, but I just phrased the questions in the same way it was phrased to me. I think it is is also worthy of stating that some aspects of who we are may change. Certainly I havn't always been open to seeing my own light or the light of others. Yet, I have always been a writer.. so the labels are fluid and self named.

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  6:12:15 PM  Show Profile
What a great post. I read through it this morning and thought all day about what "my" two words would be....

Independent - I take pride in knowing that I can learn to do anything I put my mind to. There's something satisfying about knowing how to grow, harvest, butcher, preserve, etc. your own food, make your own clothes and do the "pioneer" stuff.

Compassionate - I've always taken care of the "underdog" and will continue to do so, whether it's a 16 year old student who needs a little extra TLC and an ear, a friend who needs a shoulder to lean on, or an elderly neighbor who needs help with groceries and such.

Thanks for posting this Rene!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  10:19:56 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kelly,
A compassionate Independant, how awesome is that? thank you for sharing. There is a freedom when we know that we can handel anything that comes. I heard a teacher say once.. "fear inst the reaction of the deed itself, but rather the minds reaction to whether we think we can handle what comes next". I have always loved that.

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

mtngirljon
True Blue Farmgirl

539 Posts

Jonnie
Webster Texas
USA
539 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  10:55:26 AM  Show Profile
So I've been thinking about this since last night. I woke up a couple of times during the night and it was in my mind.

I am joyful and loving.

Joyful keeps coming up in my life and has since I was small. There are small and large joys around me all the time every day - a butterfly wafting by, reading about someone's new learning or success on this forum or my Facebook, talking to a friend, being a shoulder, completing a sewing project, a sunset over the Rocky Mountains or Galveston Bay, just the joy that I feel about the growth I've made myself in the last couple of years, talking to my wonderful son, riding horses with my sister - there are so many things big and small.

Loving - I think this is so important. Loving myself, loving no matter what - knowing that all are imperfect and growing, loving in spite of pain. It fills my heart and as long as I can stay in that place I feel complete.

Thanks for providing a space for all of us to share with each other.

Jonnie
Farmgirl #648

"Turn your face to the sun, and the shadows will fall behind you" - Maori Proverb

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  7:49:28 PM  Show Profile
I would have to say creator/learner.

I have always created something from whatever was at hand. I am a hunter/gatherer at heart. I love to find things and create something beautiful and useful.

I like learning new things. I wished I had felt the same in school, I guess it's the whole older and wiser thing. I have really been a learner this past year with the passing of my husband. It is amazing to me how much I learned from him when I wasn't even always paying attention.

So, now I am combining the 2 to find my place in the world to bring in an income, selling things online and looking into the possibility of owning my own business. Creating and learning are essential in this process. It is both scary and exciting.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
http://www.iglitteredthecat.blogspot.com/
http://www.glitterandgrunge.com/ (turner hill studio)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnerHillStudio/
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  8:03:02 PM  Show Profile
I read this thread on the first day... been thinking since then!
This is harder than it looks. Just two words? I am having great difficulty in picking "just" two.

Ah! I got one!!!! One that perfectly describes me is optimistic!

definition:(expecting the best in this best of all possible worlds; "in an optimistic mood"; "optimistic plans"; "took an optimistic view")

I have been accused of looking at our world through rose-colored glasses! Well, I do wear glasses but do not have rose-colored lenses. I find this to be comforting that is how people see me, all cheerful, happy go-lucky type of a gal. I ooze happiness and anyone around me get affected by it. I like that about me! I learned that things aren't all that bad, that God will only give me what I can handle.

Okay, next word that also strongly describe me is Empathy.

definition: (the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to,and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectivelyexplicit manner)

This is tough for me at times.

I would not change nor desire to do anything different than just be me, who I AM meant to be, the happy go-lucky Karrieann as my hubby says.

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  8:56:28 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I am really loving the words you guys come up with... It is hard, isnt it? But it is also nice to just put them on like slippers and just melt into them.....

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

friotowngirl
True Blue Farmgirl

83 Posts

Cynthia
Pearsall Texas
USA
83 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  06:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Send friotowngirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi all, I am Cynthia
I sat reading all the things you think of yourselves and it made me smile, cry and want to grow up to be just like you!

Two words to describe me:

I have to say I am a practiced "Seer", I say practiced because I have spent most of my life praying and practicing seeing other through the eyes of my Creator. I do now and have for a long time. Seeing others with love, compassion, looking on inside not just the outside. It's not always easy but Oh can you find wonderful things in people if you look deeper.

Hostess, would be second word. I love to entertain, to have people surround me and enjoy my home and my cooking. Some good times!!!

Simply Thankful,
Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  07:02:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
WOW, what a great thing to read first thing this morning. I love the thought that others are making it a habit to "SEE" others thru the lenses of love. Thank you for that.

Hostess... How fun. I have a lady at my church who has an amazing servants heart. I learn a lot from just watching her..... what a very special gift. Thanks for sharing your words... I really think that this excersise has been a great one. As it allows us to see each other in a fun and different way.

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185

Go to Top of Page

QueenofQuiteAlot
True Blue Farmgirl

865 Posts

Dalyn
Milk 'n Honey Ranch Central, WA
USA
865 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  2:32:01 PM  Show Profile
Love it! What a great idea!
Me: Mother, and Wanna-Be World Traveler
I am a "mothering" person. I am compassionate and want to take in the underdog and steer him in the right direction (boss him) I have done this since kindergarden.
Wanna-be world traveler is self explanatory~
*U*

Dalyn

~Hick Chicks Soap Barn ~
www.hickchickssoapbarn.com

Homespun Raw Goat Milk Soaps 'n More

http://muckbootsnaprons.blogspot.com/
http://proverbs31nubians.blogspot.com/

Central Washington Farmgirls Chapter
http://cwfarmgirls.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

EastTXFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

731 Posts

Victoria
Farmgirl #549 TX
USA
731 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  06:54:03 AM  Show Profile
I really took this post serious. I have been think since the first day it posted. How can I sum up me in two words??? In posting on another link it came to me.
"integrity-ologist" - I believe that your integrity defines you. Honesty and adherence to strong morals and ethical principles makes you a whole person. I am the type that will point out when the cashier gives me 10 cents too much change. I am a nurse, farmer, mother, wife, daughter, sister, friend, and business woman. I can be any of these and not have strong morals and integrity (it happens everyday). But I can't be me without integrity. As I said in the other other link, I like the fact that others trust me. I like the fact that others do not feel comfortable doing things that would be consider immoral while I am around. I like the fact that when I close my eyes at night I sleep very soundly.
So far, I have only come up with one word that sums me. I am still looking for a word that brings together; blessed, creative, artistic, fun loving, gardener and many other activities that makes up the whole of me.

Begin each morning with a song in your heart.
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  05:26:50 AM  Show Profile
Hey!

I can easily pick the first one:
I am a SPONGE: I loved to absorb knowledge, lessons, love and culture. Reading, learning, listening, doing...whether it be meeting someone on a plane during a trip to MJ's Farm fair, or watching Contrary Wife whip up a whole meal from scratch and then doing it myself, I love to learn. I'm not afraid to try anything once.

This one was a little harder for me to come up with but I think it fits:
Adventurer: Goes along with #1, but with more courage and dare. I'm not afraid to stop on the side of the road and walk into an abandoned house just to 'feel' what it has to tell me. I will hop on a plane and whisk myself off to the other side of the US to stay a week with someone I've never met. I will jump in my car and take off for NY, WV or other various locations and be anonymous, as long as I can be home by 8pm! I'm very gutsy. So there are my two.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Maven
http://www.harvestthymefarm.vpweb.com
www.onefunkyfarmgirl.blogspot.com
~Let me take ya for a ride on my big green tractor~
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Okayz....underneath the shyness and the semi-hermit-ish part of me, the true self is ...Creator and care-giver

I'm a creator. I love knowledge, I love to create, even if I only dream of the project, I love to write and cook, I love to grow things and build things. I especially enjoy language and writing and may, at my advanced age =), go into endangered linguistic!

Care-giver...I love to help and comfort people, I love to bring a smile to a face and help others with problems if I have a possible answer. I am wishing that I could go to Haiti and help the people there. I am always wanting to go some place to comfort and bring some semblance of calm and peace to some one...I enjoy taking care of the hearts and souls of others.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic I Double Dog Dare Ya.... Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page