cntry@heart
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Diane
Clinton MO
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  2:08:05 PM  Show Profile
This is awesome! So often we believe what others tell us we are - good and bad. It's nice to know we can relax and let ourselves be defined by the one person that knows us better than any other human... ourselves. I'm not sure that this is one word but the first word would be Planet Loving Tree Hugger and the second? well that would have to be Old-Fashioned. Not the stuffy kind of way that people immediately think of - by the Mayberry RFD kind of way! Does that make sense or is that just in my head!! :-)
Go to Top of Page

elisa in the woods
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Elisabeth
Central Florida Florida
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  4:53:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm Lisa. This exercise was also profound to me and has remained on my mind since I first read all the wonderful posts. It humbles me to think of the gifts and talent that God gives each us, and how beautiful the world is as we experience one another.

Though I certainly can identify qualities about myself, I am often critical of myself, so my thoughts gravitated to what others often say about me.

The first word would be 'joyful'. I have been told that when I am missing from a familiar environment, that my laughter ringing through the halls is absent, and noticed. My faith is everything to me and there is a Scripture verse that says proclaims, "The joy of the Lord is my strength". I am thankful and blessed to acknowledge that I awaken with a song of praise in my heart every single day, even when I have tough times, or trials that seem too big to bear. This is God's Joy, exhibited through me. I thank Him for it because it does indeed give me strength!

My second word would be 'peaceful'. I have administered several assisted living communities over the last several years. Over and over again, I've had residents and families share that I bring peace to an environment. A particular former resident came to mean a great deal to me, though his own family would have nothing to do with him. I was no longer involved with his residence when he reached the place point where death was imminent and he would be forced to leave the community. I invited him into my own home to live for the remainder of his life with the involvement of hospice to assist with his personal care and, when the time came, his death. I loved this gentleman; he had taught me so much through his wisdom and sometimes brutal honesty.

When hospice became necessary as his life ebbed away, the two most involved nurses (those who remained around the clock with us) took me aside after my friend's death. They told me that a peace existed in my house and in me, that they tangibly felt upon entering, and that it remained even after my friend passed from this life as I held his hand. This touched me, again, because in the midst of a very painful situation, one I still recall with intense grief, God's Peace was present and noticeable. God's Word says that when our trust is in Him, He provides a peace "that passes all understanding."

So, I will describe myself as being joyful and peaceful, no matter the circumstance, and I give my God all the credit, as the source of both of these qualities.

Thank you, Rene, for such a meaningful and thought-provoking exercise!

Thou wilt keep them in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee. Isaiah 26:3

http://elisa-in-the-woods.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  04:13:19 AM  Show Profile
I loved reading all the words that have been chosen to descripe themselves. I really had to set and ponder the idea. But I came up with creative, and giver. To create I'm able to bring who I really am out to share with other. Creating something is always somewhere in my mind until I just have to stop what I'm doing or think needs to be done and get in my craft room and start in. I may be pulling out all my supplies that I know I'm going to need. Or, to just go in and jot down what my ideas are so I can start the planning. But everything I create is done with love and usually someone special will come to mind and that makes it even more so, fun to work on. Which gets me to the giver. I love to see the looks they get when they receive something from my heart. It's kind of like the saying, Reach out and touch someone! Well that is a two way road. Not only have I given them joy, but also given it to myself. By reaching out! And I also agree that my abilities to create was a gift and blessing from God. So keep creating and sharing with all of us. It is a gift you have been given. Believing in your self today, brings a beautiful tomorrow!

Classygram/Brenda
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  7:18:12 PM  Show Profile
Rene', thanks again for starting this thread. I come back again and again. I'd like to suggest a third label for you, that of being an encourager. Your responses to others' labels are so enthusiastic and show your acceptance and caring.

"You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.....
But you can be happy if you've a mind to. All you've gotta do in knuckle down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it!"
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  9:17:39 PM  Show Profile
I guess the first word that comes to mind is "artist". Not just that I like to create things, but I practice artistry in the way I fix my food, my spiritual seeking--it's like life is the canvas and we are the artists who create the masterpiece. Sometimes my artwork doesn't appeal to some people, but that's true of any artist.
The second word is--this may sound strange--"Indian". No, I'm not a true Native American, but I feel very close to the Indians in spirit. I believe there is one great Holy Spirit who oversees us all, and if our paths are different, it's because the Spirit leads people in the way that works best for them. Some people turn their backs on the Spirit and I pray for them, because they're not being true to themselves.
I think we are all complex people and sometimes we need "infra-red" vision to see the full range of the colors that make up our spirits.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  9:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Wow,
YOU ladies are amazing. I am so glad that you have taken this little assignment to heart. Labels aren’t important, especially those that others want to put onto us. But, I do believe that knowing who we are is HUGE. I have found that I save so much time and resources by wearing who I am like they are comfy slippers.

Susan, thank you so much for the word encourager. Years ago I took a spiritual gifts test and it said I had the gift of exhortation, which in Hebrew is encourager.... so I think that is so great. It went on to say that an exhorter is someone who walks along side others and aids them in their journey... what could be better right? It is one the qualities of the brilliantologist label I have given to myself... Because sometimes I see the brilliance in others before they are willing to see it in themselves and I get to walk along side them until they have clearer vision.

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJanesFarm made us SISTERS :)

Rene'Groom~
Sisterhood Coordinator

Farmgirl Sister #185
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/ReneGroom
www.Prosserfarmgirls.ning.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic I Double Dog Dare Ya.... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page