Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Need help with a 4 shaft loom weaving project!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Need help with a 4 shaft loom weaving project! Next Topic  

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  07:29:54 AM  Show Profile
If any of you have a 4-shaft loom and weave, I have a question about a bird's eye twill draft. Once warped (I'm using a 3/8 Heather Wool Cream for the warp and a 3/8 Heather Wool Caramel for the weft), can I just weave according to the draft (or tie up) or do I have to reverse the pattern after a certain number of picks? I'm trying to weave a throw, and I found a pattern I liked in The Big Book of Weaving by Laila Lundell. But, I'm not really sure how to interpret the Swedish feel to the instructions! (It's the throw or large shawl done in Alpaca wool -- I'm not sure of the page). Also, I THINK she's using a #10 dent, but suggests because of the bulk of the yarn, a larger spacing should be used. I was planning on using an 8, but I do have a 6, if I need to use that instead. Plus, her's is about 23" wide, and I'm planning on using my entire 45" width. I tried to look up a similar pattern in other books, but the draft makes mention of TAW or No Tabby, or Tabby needed in some cases, or to 'reverse my weft', so now I'm so confused. I really want to spread my wings, but I'm worried that I may lose too many feathers on this one and crash land. Any suggestions, advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Even better would be for you to 'swing by' Paradise and sit down at my table or loom and walk me through this step by step! Any weavers that have done a 4-shaft Birds Eye twill -- HELP!!!!

from the hearts of paradise...

antoinette
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Toni
East Freedom PA
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  7:54:42 PM  Show Profile
you lost me after the bird's eye twill draft!! Good luck with this Toni
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Need help with a 4 shaft loom weaving project! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page