nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  2:34:45 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone know how to find a "Mary Poppins" type nanny for my precious 2 grandsons? They live on an Indian reservation in South Dakota and are 2 and 4. My daughter is a nurse mid-wife there and is having a horrible time finding a reliable and trustworthy nanny. Any suggestions from you, my sisters, would be appreciated.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  1:01:00 PM  Show Profile
I know my son's girlfriend works for an on-line agency, and she's not only had good results with them, but also with her placements. You may try that. I wish I could remember the name of the .com, but you can do a search. They should let you ask for references. If you need me to get it from her, I'll be happy to. Good luck with your search!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  6:40:13 PM  Show Profile
I'd appreciate it if you would get the name of the agency for me. It's always better to have one that's recommended by someone else rather than taking a shot in the dark. Thanks in advance for your help.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  4:08:25 PM  Show Profile
Nancy,
What res? I have quite a few contacts with people on many of the different reservations. If you want to email me privately, I'll do my best to help you hook up. I used to teach school on one of the Native AMerican settlements.

JOy

[quote]Originally posted by nabrown42

Does anyone know how to find a "Mary Poppins" type nanny for my precious 2 grandsons?

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  07:54:04 AM  Show Profile
She's at Pine Ridge, SD.

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Good help is hard to find Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page