Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic looking for an apprentice Next Topic  

knit1tat2
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Lorna Jean
Pender Nebraska
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  6:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Send knit1tat2 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all, I have a small acerage and a spare room. I have gardens, fruit trees, dairy goats, sheep, and chickens. I have a grown son who lives here too, but he's a trucker so not home a lot.
When I'm in the house I spin, weave, knit, crochet, embroider, can, cook, sew, but rarely twiddle my thumbs.
I'd love to find one or two like minded folks, who want to learn all about these things and more. For $200 you could have a weekend to learn one topic fairly well, bed and board included as well as supplies. For $400 you could stay a week and learn some more! And for $600 you could stay a month, and really get the knack of a few things!
A better deal if we 'click' and you'd like a year or more.
If you're interested, holler and we'll talk the details! Looking forward to meeting you! Lorna Jean

we create our own economy

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  04:57:54 AM  Show Profile
Lorna Jean, if I could get away from our own farm, I would love to take you up on this. It sounds like a great idea! Good luck with it. I'm willing to bet you'll have a full calendar before too very long!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  9:27:59 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh, if I only lived closer to you Lorna!! And if I had the money I would come and stay with you!!
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

knit1tat2
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Lorna Jean
Pender Nebraska
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  4:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Send knit1tat2 a Yahoo! Message
I sure hope some will take the plunge. Would love the company, help, and fun! Lorna Jean

we create our own economy
Go to Top of Page

Fibergurl
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

JoAnne and or Cindy
Grand Marais Mn
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  8:38:43 PM  Show Profile
Well my mom and I are kinda gypsying around seeking an alternative education in homesteading, organics, off gridding etc? How much would you charge for 2 peoplen for a month and could we bring 2 inside dogs and a mild mannered but funny parrot? We had a live in/farm situation b4 but the land owner did not tolerate dogs inside and that caused alot of problems between us, and I dont want to be in that situation again. If these things are ok then lets talk. We would love to learn. I am a writer, painter, novice spinner, fiber artist, organic hobby farmer and my mom is a grant writer and all around cool person. I stayed on an off grid organic commune/farm and dived into the hidden world of off gridding and organics and I plan to build my own house some day and go completely off grid.
Here is my email...gypsy_poetry@hotmail.com
Email me and we can exchange phone numbers.

Play before you work, so you can truly do both-Thich Knat Hahn
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2010 :  6:27:09 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like fun1....Just like everyone else, time from my 5 acres(even in winter),,,is almost impossible....

Farmgirl Sister #368
~~~**Terri**~~~
My blog is up again, please go and read....
http//:thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic looking for an apprentice Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page