Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 How thankful I am that we have each other!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic How thankful I am that we have each other! Next Topic  

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2004 :  9:10:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi All! I am just now getting into the swing of the Farmgirl Connections. It is so much fun to read about all of you! What wonderful similarities and differences in each of us. And how supportive you are of each other and all farmgirls out there. So, just wanted to say thank you for sharing yourselves so that I might read all about you. How lucky I am.

Happy day,

Meg

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2004 :  08:14:03 AM  Show Profile
Meg, I think we all consider ourselves lucky, we hit the jackpot, if not the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! So nice to have you participating, too!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

flowerkeeper
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

rhonda
beaumont texas
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2004 :  08:47:34 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Meg! Isn't the kindred spirit feeling wonderful? Im am so happy to have found this site! Hope to hear more about you soon.

all that glitters is not gold, and all who wander aren't lost....
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2004 :  09:22:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi Meg,
So glad you are able to join in the fun and love. It will be fun to hear from you more and possibly get more updates about the book and the farm.I am also looking forward to getting to know you better as well. I am another one who feels fortunate to have found this wonderful group of supportive and funny and encouraging human beings..
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2004 :  12:42:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Meg!! I think we all feel that warm sense of family here. It is so nice to have "found each other!" It will be fun to hear about you too!!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2004 :  1:55:31 PM  Show Profile
Dear Meg, You are so sweet like all the people who post here. This is a unique and wonderful "bunch" and we have so much fun "talking" and sharing. We all look forward to your contributions! Bless you

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2004 :  6:50:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh, you are all so sweet. I am at the farm this week and it is just wonderful here. But you know it is so neat to me that we can create the same kind of community and family feel with Farmgirl Connection. Tonight it was Cindylou's surprise birthday party and we gathered in the design studio for a delicious salad and home-made Julie dessert. We all laughed about the age it becomes not okay to be called ma'am by a young man.
Now that my husband and I have moved to Kansas, I treasure each moment I spend on the farm with my whole farm family. So it will be so wonderful to return to Kansas knowing I can send you all a note every so often.
Mom is working away at the book. I think you'll love it. We just finished another section to send off the Random House. It is such an amazing process. And so exciting to be part of.
But, you'll find, I do love to write and I'll write a novel before I know it. Have a fabulous Friday!
Meg
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2004 :  05:55:56 AM  Show Profile
Dear Meg, Yipeeee Another Kansas Farmgirl!!!! I am in Salina, very close to the geographic center of US, where are you and your husband?? This is sooo exciting... I was beginning to think I would be the only member of my state's farmgirl chapter. Welcome, Meg and hubby. We do farms here for sure...

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2004 :  12:25:05 PM  Show Profile
Dear Meg -
We look forward to getting to know the girl who, as a teen, wrote such a lovely poem about her mother's hands. :)

And by the way, at what age IS it odd for a young man to say ma'am to a female? And I mean young man, not little boy. Here in the south, it is considered a sign of being raised right. Well, to tell you the truth it first happened to me in my thirties, and I have never liked it since!

Glad to have you on board, and hope we can make you feel closer to home sometimes.
jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Idahospud
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Nikki
Emmett Idaho
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2004 :  3:42:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Meg! Thanks for posting!

I enjoy your contributions to the magazine and the obvious affection you all have. It truly makes this "cyberhome" more welcoming, as well!

Glad to have you!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2004 :  07:13:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Meg!
I'm excited you are posting! I have been recently purchasing Body & Soul Magazine just to read your mother's articles. And by the way, I received my sampler box you sent awhile ago, Thank you! Everything was yummy!!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic How thankful I am that we have each other! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page