Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Blood pressure -assisted living found
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Blood pressure -assisted living found Next Topic
Page: of 2

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  3:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
My young adopted son is in a group home about an hour north of where I am now. I see him on a regular basis and won't go any farther away from him. I raised him full time from birth until just a few months ago. The time I get to spend with him is priceless.
This place I plan to go to is right here in the town I am used to. I know that area very well and it's walking distance to stores and the mall, etc. I couldn't get very lost there. I have gotten lost in familiar places for so many years...it's just that now with my meds being so important and health like it is I can't make mistakes with meds like I had lately.

Today I said goodbye to my little dog I've had for about 4 months....I'll miss her but found a good loving home that is perfect for her.
I guess the sadness is part of the process of acceptance and I am human after all.
:-(

Linda in Scranton, PA

Jesus is a feminist.
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  4:11:26 PM  Show Profile
Linda... (((HUGS)))
...sorry :o(

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus ...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ...http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  4:27:19 PM  Show Profile
Oh Linda, I wish I could be there to give you a BIG HUG! You know sometimes in the assisted living they have a group pet. You never know you may find another one to love. Just know that you can come here and talk anytime and we will always be there for you. HUGS!!

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  05:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi sisters,
I took another look at the place for assisted living and they could not pay me to go there! It's mostly mentally ill people..lots of men :-(
The bedroom they showed me this time is smaller than ever and the lady to room with was staring and shaking obviously on stong med and metally disturbed. It was scarier than ever.
I came home crying and then got a call from the social workers here in this building. I had asked them a few times for help with these things and it has not worked out so I gave up already. I went down and cried and they convinced me that I should not move and they will get me whatever help I needed. I guess they didn't realze the help I needed. It is hard to tell things like this by personality and I am normally bright and cheerful.
Anyway, I am going to look at another place today just to see what it's like.

I am getting that kidney ultrasound soon too.

Thanks again for all the hugs and prayers.
luv, Linda

Edited by - yarnmamma on Mar 02 2010 05:58:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  06:14:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh Linda my prayers are with you. Take the time to find where you really would be happy. Do you have visiting nurses that can come in and set up you meds and check on you during the day? Something maybe you could check out. Good luck checking on the new one today.

Brenda

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony" Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  06:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Linda- I hope you find some help soon *hugs*. This sounds like you have been having a really rough time.

Just wondering- but do you keep a calender in the house? I was wondering if you could have someone help dose out the medication as soon as you get home from the pharmacist and write down on the calender all you doctor appointments and days when you need to go to the pharmacy to get a refill and when you need to ask the doctor for a new prescription? I know it would mean more prep work, but could you get enough of those weekly pill organizers for a month and then put a piece of scotch tape and write the actual date to be used on the tape in sharpie and then stick it to the pills. That way each day would be measured out and you would know if you had taken the right pills or not. You could put your calendar somewhere where you would always see it. I have heard that for people with memory problems that writing notes and such can really help. *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  07:24:45 AM  Show Profile
(((HUGS)))

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus ...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
My Etsy: Yesterday's Scraps, Tomorrow's Treasures ...http://www.etsy.com/shop/2TomorrowsTreasures
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  5:14:01 PM  Show Profile
Linda--it's a good thing you didn't sign anything for the assisted living place--you wouldn't have been happy there. I'm sure the social workers can come up with a solution to the problems you are experiencing. I know you just gave your dog away, but there are special support dogs which are trained to remind you when to take your meds. They can also guide you home if you become lost. I hope everything works out well for you. You are a sweet lady and I know god is watching over you (((hugs)))
Cindy

"Dog is my co-pilot"

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Blood pressure -assisted living found Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page