True Blue Farmgirl

933 Posts

Brenda
North Rose NY
USA
933 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  05:38:04 AM  Show Profile
I do not like the snow.
As of Friday night, when we had just about an inch on the ground, we have received over 2 feet of snow, and today is supposed to be even worse! Along with temps in the low teens and howling winds, it is going to be a yucky day....
The guy that plows our driveway just plowed one side(circular drive). I have no idea why he didn't do our side, I am guessing it is because the snow may be too deep to drive through, it tends to drift up pretty high there. As of now, we can't get the cars out of the garage.
I feel positive there will be a snow day tomorrow, but hubby and daughter still need to get to work.
Being on the edge of Lake Ontario, this is as bad as it gets here, but I wish it would stop.

Brenda
FarmGirl # 711

Nothing we achieve in this world is achieved alone. It is always achieved with others teaching us along the way. Lee J. Colan

http://theviewfromhere-brenda.blogspot.com/

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  5:43:19 PM  Show Profile
Brenda:
Keep warm. That is alot of snow up there. I saw on the Weather Channel that that area is in for a big snow fall. Here in Louisiana, we are getting a cold snap, low 30's. That is too cold for me, for sure. Hope you get through warm and happy. Take care.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  05:09:44 AM  Show Profile
Brenda,
I hear ya! We get lake-effect snow squalls off Georgian Bay up here, so it can be day after day of snow! I had to take my son to the train station in Oshawa yesterday, so he could go back to university in Ottawa (which is getting snow right now, too). It was a nasty drive, howling winds & blowing snow, but thankfully I bought 4 snow tires in December, so I was getting around ok.

Please keep your fingers crossed that the squalls will not start up today--my 17 year old daughter has her driver's test this afternoon!

It has been soooo cold here, -21 Celsius (-3 F). I am tired of being cold!

Stay warm,
Lori

Farmgirl Sister #183
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  05:42:41 AM  Show Profile
Burrrrr! It is cold and snowing here too. Be careful out there

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

bertha
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Bertha
St Joseph Mi
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  05:47:14 AM  Show Profile
Good morning farmgirls... We live on the edge of Lake Michigan about i hour from Chicago and we have two feet of snow.... Its totally beautiful but hard to get around...Hugs to all.. Bert Bush
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic As bad as it gets here! :( Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page