Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Christmas 2010 - Project #1 ??????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Christmas 2010 - Project #1 ?????? Next Topic
Page: of 3

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  09:07:32 AM  Show Profile
You all are so inspiring!! I was not feeling inspired by the one pot-holder pattern I found in stock in town so I started on my mom's present for next year - a knitted bag. Then I was in the fabric shop my friend has and she had a new book called "One-Yard Wonders" - you all should check it out. It has patterns or instructions for 101 projects that can be made with one yard of fabric - including one for pot-holders. There are some pretty cute projects - stuff for home, aprons, lots for kids. Anyway I used the rest of my Christmas money to buy the book - at 21.00 pretty reasonable for that many patterns - and I will be started on my pot-holders, I will try to catch up!! You all should post pictures - would love some farm-girl examples
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  12:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Amy for the tip on the book "One-Yard Wonders". I plan on buying it. I need all the ideas I can get for next years Christmas gifts.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

ZenGoddess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Cindy
MO
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  12:55:29 PM  Show Profile
Melanie I like the saying "farmgirl is a condition of the heart" too but would that be too long to fit on a necklace or bracelet/charm ?? I Know I could embroider it !

Hope you get more input on this it would be interesting !

Hugs,
ZenGoddess/Southernplum
My life goal is to Simply - Simplify my life.
http://herbalcottage.blogspot.com
http://herbalcottage.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  12:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Right now you can order the book "One-Yard Wonders" from Barnes and Noble for $15.08.

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog...Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  8:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I was thinking the same thing, Cindy. I was hoping that maybe someone would have an idea on maybe how to engrave it onto a charm or charms. I'm thinking if it went on one charm, the letters maybe to small to read. ooohh I just thought of a book I glanced at today at Jo-Ann's. It was about altered paper jewelry. Maybe that would be a way to do it?

Melanie

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, She's up!"

Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/

Swap Blog~ http://mels-swapshop.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tanna
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Tanna
Fort Worth TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  10:06:53 AM  Show Profile
So..What's on the agenda for February? I'm in need of inspiration. Not that I don't have 1,000 projects started that I am trying to finish, I'm just ready to start something new. Gotta keep it interesting!

Tanna
Go to Top of Page

OneCraftyBugger
True Blue Farmgirl

626 Posts

R

USA
626 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  05:07:44 AM  Show Profile
For those of you who are looking to imprint on a charm: You may be able to actually make the charm out of polemar clay and then use mini stamps to stamp what ever you want on it. After you stamp it, bake in the oven to harden. Or, instead of stamping you may be able to write what ever you want with a tooth pick.

Oh happy day!
Go to Top of Page

Futters
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Michelle & Ashley
CA
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  4:18:56 PM  Show Profile
HI Ladies,

Give me til this weekend to take a pic of what I was thinking about for the month of February. It is a bracelet.

Have a good day!

Michelle
Farmgirl #760

Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
http://thetatteredquiltcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kluckingbear
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

Tabitha
Ellensburg WA
USA
52 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2010 :  11:23:16 AM  Show Profile
I also love this idea! I think the potholders are a great idea. You could even make a kitchen set that includes tea towels, washcloths,apron, etc

Last Xmas I followed http//www.sewmamasew.com blog --they had a Handmade Holidays feature during Nov. that featured several ideas each day for handmade gifts. You might check out their archives and see if they have some projects you like.

Come visit me at my windy little blog www.windsewn.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gilmerg
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Gayle
Lobelville Tennessee
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  1:34:51 PM  Show Profile
I have just found this and love the idea. However, does anyone know of a cheaper pattern than Vanilla House? I am retired and a $9 pattern is abit steep for me. Thanks.

Gayle

quilter, do knitting as a volunteer for various charities
Go to Top of Page

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2010 :  9:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gayle,

Since you are a quilter, why not draft an 8" or 10" quilt block to do up into a potholder. Just an idea.

Tina

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

KellyWall
True Blue Farmgirl

336 Posts

Kelly
Apison Tn
USA
336 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  06:36:05 AM  Show Profile
They are really easy, you don't need a pattern, if you want an oven mit, just trace one you have, that is what I did. I turned out fine. and for round, just trace a bowl, and a square is easy, and yes a quilted one would be so cute!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Christmas 2010 - Project #1 ?????? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page